Farewell & R.I.P.

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
It's been a full year and a month since we lost Sir Sean Connery. Did anyone else feel that his role in the Highlander was one of his Best?( Btw Queens soundtrack for that movie was the BEST). I think he had more fun playing in that movie as he did in some of his work as James Bond. IMO
I find it hard to believe it's over a year since we lost Sean Connery. I thought Queen's music for that film was brilliant moving onto something else that's appropriate here & goes well with your Queen comment. I find it hard to believe it was 30 years on Wednesday since we lost Freddie. I was only 9 when Freddie passed. It's hard to believe it happened so long ago. My! I feel old now.

• Love
Reactions: the AntiPusher

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I find it hard to believe it's over a year since we lost Sean Connery. I thought Queen's music for that film was brilliant moving onto something else that's appropriate here & goes well with your Queen comment. I find it hard to believe it was 30 years on Wednesday since we lost Freddie. I was only 9 when Freddie passed. It's hard to believe it happened so long ago. My! I feel old now.
Good post Sir.. Freddie voice will last the test of Time.. Truly Legendary..With his range and showmanship, I have Freddie in my top ten greatest performer ever with a golden voice. Just like Prince's voice, not perfect but right on time.

Horsa

Reactions
Good post Sir.. Freddie voice will last the test of Time.. Truly Legendary..With his range and showmanship, I have Freddie in my top ten greatest performer ever with a golden voice. Just like Prince's voice, not perfect but right on time.
Thank you very much. I agree. Freddie was a brilliant singer. Freddie is in my list of the greatest vocalists ever. Also in there I have Slim Whitman, Buddy Holly, Celine Dion, Whitney Houston, Jennifer Rush, Bette Midler & John Denver.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
For those of you outside of the US, you may not know that we lost a national treasure yesterday, or why we think so. She was a great comedian, a pioneer of early TV, and she showed us all how to sail into great old age with humor, elegance and irreverence. Betty White, 99, RIP. The world just got a little less fun.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
For those of you outside of the US, you may not know that we lost a national treasure yesterday, or why we think so. She was a great comedian, a pioneer of early TV, and she showed us all how to sail into great old age with humor, elegance and irreverence. Betty White, 99, RIP. The world just got a little less fun.

Perfectly stated... We were very BLESSED to have her.. I think all of the characters she portraited were all beloved!!!

• Love
Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Perfectly stated... We were very BLESSED to have her.. I think all of the characters she portraited were all beloved!!!
I think you're right. And I wonder if there is any entertainer in US popular culture, anyway, who had such a long, sustained and successful career. I laughed and cried all through the rerun last night of the episode of SNL that she hosted at 88 (and a half, as she kept pointing out.) This one kills:

• Love
Reactions: the AntiPusher

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I think you're right. And I wonder if there is any entertainer in US popular culture, anyway, who had such a long, sustained and successful career. I laughed and cried all through the rerun last night of the episode of SNL that she hosted at 88 (and a half, as she kept pointing out.) This one kills:

My Lord she was a real hoot!. Someone said that Betty White would have been accepted in neighborhood in the United States, So true and thanks for sharing

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
R.I.P Stage and Screen Legend.

The Betty White Show - date was November 29th 1954.

1- Betty White sings - "It's A Good Day" with Eddie Roberts & Rock Hellman
2- Arthur Duncan sings and tap dances -" Sing, You Sinners, Sing"
3- Betty White sings - "Wish You Were Here"
4- Message from Dean Martin & Jerry Lewis
5- Guest interview with Betty Hartman

• Love
Reactions: Moxie

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Simply the G.O.A.T Job well Done
Remembering Sidney Poitier
IMG_20220107_183833.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Horsa

Reactions
Just read Meat Loaf has died, he was 74.

My 1st thought when reading this was Tell me that's not true.

R.I.P. Meatloaf. You will be sadly missed by many.

I don't think there'll ever be a singer like him.

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
William Hurt passed away today from natural causes at age 71. He was a very good actor, always gave a solid performance.

My favorite movie of his was Body Heat with the then attractive Kathleen Turner. That movie was my ace in the hole for any lady I was dating. Alot of my kids were created from that movie experience. ;-) Thanks you Mr. Hurt. Job Well done. May you Rest in Heaven.

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
William Hurt passed away today from natural causes at age 71. He was a very good actor, always gave a solid performance.

My favorite movie of his was Body Heat with the then attractive Kathleen Turner. That movie was my ace in the hole for any lady I was dating. Alot of my kids were created from that movie experience. ;-) Thanks you Mr. Hurt. Job Well done. May you Rest in Heaven.
Wow, that's surprising. Body Heat was an excellent film.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Reactions: kskate2