R3 - Berdych
R4 - Samurai
QF - Andy
SF - Stan
F - Nole

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa meets Zverev in R3 and so we don't have to check whom he meets in R4 etc. :devil

p.s. Also, Rafa meets Youzhny in R2 (Youzhny is typically a problem match up for Rafa on hard courts). But, Youzhny is senile now.

p.s.2. Also, Rafa plays Florian Meyer in R1 who has won all his hard court matches against Rafa.

sid

Masters Champion
Reactions
One player could be awkward in Murray's side is Gerald Melzer,Andy gave him a lot of respect when thay last played.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Djoker gets Verdasco in R1. Can lightning strike twice in Australia? :puzzled

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Fed has a reasonable draw.

R1 - Qualifer
R2 - Winner of match between two Qualifiers
R3 - Berdych
R4 - Samurai
QF - Andy
SF - Stan
F - Nole

"A reasonable draw"

You have got to be kidding, if this projection holds true-even at his peak 2009, a 27 years old Roger would have had difficulty getting thru this rouge gallery of champions.. Nishikori, Andy, Stan and Djoker have all made it to a hard court grand slam finals

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Now I see why Roger was talking that way, he knew before anyone else what easy would be his draw :laydownlaughing

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Carol35 said:
Now I see why Roger was talking that way, he knew before anyone else what easy would be his draw :laydownlaughing

Well he has a cakewalk til the 3rd , then his path gets fiery

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Carol35 said:

I would say he has easy until the QF, Nishi pulled out of Sydney because he had some problems with his hip

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Carol35 said:
the AntiPusher said:
Carol35 said:

I would say he has easy until the QF, Nishi pulled out of Sydney because he had some problems with his hip

Who put Nishikori's body together, Mattel the toy maker

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Carol35 said:
the AntiPusher said:

Who put Nishikori's body together, Mattel the toy maker
Now I remember well, he lost against Dimitrov and then he said that he had problems with his hip (I don't trust too much him)

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
the AntiPusher said:
GameSetAndMath said:

R1 - Qualifer
R3 - Berdych
R4 - Samurai
QF - Andy
SF - Stan
F - Nole

"A reasonable draw"

You have got to be kidding, if this projection holds true-even at his peak 2009, a 27 years old Roger would have had difficulty getting thru this rouge gallery of champions.. Nishikori, Andy, Stan and Djoker have all made it to a hard court grand slam finals

Looking at the draw on Wiki and understand Roger's name printed BOLD, but why RBA, Cuevas, & Deliciamo? :puzzled

- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Australian_Open_%E2%80%93_Men%27s_Singles -

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
GameSetAndMath said:

R1 - Qualifer
R3 - Berdych
R4 - Samurai
QF - Andy
SF - Stan
F - Nole

"A reasonable draw"

Come on. He gets two qualifiers in a row to warm him up for the event. Berdych is mentally very weak. Samurai is physically very weak.

Now, let us come to the QF. He has to draw one of Novak, Andy, Milos and Stan. I bet if Roger was asked to take his pick among the four, he would certainly choose Andy.

Now, talk about the SF. Roger can either be in Novak's half or not. If he was asked to choose, he would prefer to be in the other half, considering the number of AO titles Novak has won.

This is what I mean by reasonable draw. I am not saying it is an easy draw or Roger will win or reach finals or anything like that. Among the possible options, he certainly drew some reasonable players.

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
Stan drew a really tough first round opponent: Martin Klizan is pretty good, and won an ATP 500 last year. A 4R duel with Kyrgios is also rather rough.

Tsonga also drew a tricky one, with Thiago Monteiro.

Zverev vs. Nadal could be interesting. Rafa beat him last year, but it was close and Zverev is half a year older, as is Rafa.

Anyone else notice Tommy Haas there?!

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
El Dude said:
Stan drew a really tough first round opponent: Martin Klizan is pretty good, and won an ATP 500 last year. A 4R duel with Kyrgios is also rather rough.

Zverev vs. Nadal could be interesting. Rafa beat him last year, but it was close and Zverev is half a year older, as is Rafa.

Should Nole be concerned about playing a "hot" Verdasco after surviving 5 MP's in Qatar against him? :angel: :dodgy: :cover

- - http://fiero4251.blogspot.com/2016/08/fan-page-novak-nole-djokovic.html - -

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
El Dude said:

Should Nole be concerned about playing a "hot" Verdasco after surviving 5 MP's in Qatar against him? :angel: :dodgy: :cover

- - http://fiero4251.blogspot.com/2016/08/fan-page-novak-nole-djokovic.html - -
Well, Tasbasco will not catch him off guard this time but he should have a lot of confidence

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
El Dude said:

First I thought of too was where is Haas in the draw? He's definitely playing. Also, Stepanek will likely be one of the qualifiers for someone to play. Not an easy match.

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
Front242 said:
El Dude said:

First I thought of too was where is Haas in the draw? He's definitely playing. Also, Stepanek will likely be one of the qualifiers for someone to play. Not an easy match.

Haas is playing Benoit Paire, the poor man's Richard Gasquet. If he beats Paire, then it is Fognini/F Lopez...so not an easy return to the tour.

I wish Tommy the best, but he might struggle to get back in the top 100.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Federer´s draw is in fact a dream draw, almost tailor made for him...
I really wonder why the hell people keep fighting so hard about who got the easiest draw... without major upsets, everyone has his fair share of hard work.

Shivashish Sarkar

Major Winner
Reactions
Okay, anyway we couldn't have asked for an easy draw considering Roger is 17th seed. I really think the draw is tough. And that is mainly for one reason; Andy in QF. Stan would have been better in the QF and Andy taking his place in the SF. But, that is not the case now. I think Roger at his best would defeat Berdych easily. Nishikori is suspenseful. Its not an easy draw guys. But, I am not expecting him to lose in the first week yet. No.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
GameSetAndMath Pro Tennis (Mens) 23
GameSetAndMath Pro Tennis (Mens) 343
GameSetAndMath Pro Tennis (Mens) 627
GameSetAndMath Pro Tennis (Mens) 15
GameSetAndMath Pro Tennis (Mens) 273