Early AO talk

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Roger seems that he feels very confident and like always with a lot of 'humility' :snicker
He says: "I don't think that any of the favorite players want me in the third round. It's not so important to me because if I play my best I can win it doesn't matter against who I play". But he says at the same time: "I'm surprised how well I'm playing but I need five or six tournaments to get my best level" :huh:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Carol35 said:
Roger seems that he feels very confident and like always with a lot of 'humility' :snicker
He says: "I don't think that any of the favorite players want me in the third round. It's not so important to me because if I play my best I can win it doesn't matter against who I play". But he says at the same time: "I'm surprised how well I'm playing but I need five or six tournaments to get my best level" :huh:

WAIT..WAIT..I said that The Goat would make Andy and Novak have sleepless night at the beginning of last week but herios made lite of my post and it was liked by Sid, fiero and mr K. Well at least I know now that great minds think alike(Roger and Me)..:laydownlaughing..it's time to get it. On..

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Carol35 said:

Yeah, in other words, he said feck all. "I'm playing great, I'll be impossible to beat, but of course when I lose, it's obvious I need five or six tournaments before I start owning all of these simple bass turds again...!" :ras:

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
That's one way to look at it. Or he's just saying what he said: he's playing surprisingly well and will be dangerous for anyone, but still has some kinks to work out.

sid

Masters Champion
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Draw in 48 hours; 10 a.m. local time on Jan 13th (or 8 p.m. EST on Jan 12th).

I don't expect that a Fedal match will be on the cards in R3. The chances of that are
12.5% as Rafa is just one of 8 different projected players Fed could draw in R3.

However, there is a serious chance of Fed drawing Andy or Novak in R4.
The chances that he draws one of them in R4 is 25%

But, there is a very serious chance of Rafa drawing Andy or Novak (or Fed if
Fed defeats one of them in R4) in quarterfinals. The chances that he draws one of
them in QF is 50%.

In the uk that will be 11pm gmt.
cheers gsm.

Shivashish Sarkar

Major Winner
Reactions
So, the draw will be here in another 5 hours. I can't wait. I am excited, worried all at the same time. But more excited than worried because what I want is Federer makes an impact in the slam with some great performances. One big victory will be great for me. Tough to ask more than that. but, I will still hope for better.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
El Dude said:
That's one way to look at it. Or he's just saying what he said: he's playing surprisingly well and will be dangerous for anyone, but still has some kinks to work out.

Dude, don´t be so biased. It is obvious that is better to draw Federer than some random guy ranked somewhere around 25 in the world. Top players can not sleep in fear of those guys. They always preferred to draw someone with a lot of titles and that has been to a slam semi a few months ago.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
shivashish said:
So, the draw will be here in another 5 hours. I can't wait. I am excited, worried all at the same time. But more excited than worried because what I want is Federer makes an impact in the slam with some great performances. One big victory will be great for me. Tough to ask more than that. but, I will still hope for better.
For the past 5 years , some of my non TF board Rafa's fans have gotten me to take more notice of the draw which for the past few years hasn't made any impact on Rafa Nadal because of his inability to be competitive for whatever reason. Take a look a Novak's USO draw last year. It was deemed to be a difficult path but the results was he only played 3 or almost 4 matches., the draw at times can be speculative.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
the AntiPusher said:
shivashish said:
For the past 5 years , some of my non TF board Rafa's fans have gotten me to take more notice of the draw which for the past few years hasn't made any impact on Rafa Nadal because of his inability to be competitive for whatever reason. Take a look a Novak's USO draw last year. It was deemed to be a difficult path but the results was he only played 3 or almost 4 matches., the draw at times can be speculative.

Well duh! :puzzled There's a million permutations depending on who wins and if there's an upset or not! Only Stan has been trouble for Nole "down under" for some reason; losing a long 5 setter and winning QF match in 2014 when he won his 1st major over Rafa! :clap :angel: :dodgy: :p

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Then Roger adds: "I think it would be better to play against the favs later because I would have a lot more energy after to play five or six matches in just two weeks. I think everyone (players) is waiting for the draw thinking 'oh I hope the #17 won't be in my draw', they are more concerned about me than me about them. I hope to be in perfect conditions for Wimbledon and the USO. I won with Wawrinka the GM in doubles, I'd like to win in singles too, it would be great to be in Tokio 2020 but still there is a long way"
Now my question is....is Roger smoking? :rolleyes::cover:nono

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
the AntiPusher said:
shivashish said:

Well duh! :puzzled There's a million permutations depending on who wins and if there's an upset or not! Only Stan has been trouble for Nole "down under" for some reason; losing a long 5 setter and winning QF match in 2014 when he won his 1st major over Rafa! :clap :angel: :dodgy: :p

Nah..you are missing what I am saying..Yes the draw matters but in Rafa's case, it hasn't made a difference the past few years for Me..Stan is a very Bad matchup for Djokovic..Djokovic is a very Bad matchup for Rafa. Rafa is a very bad matchup for Roger. Roger is a bad matchup for Andy and until 3 to 4 years ago for Novak( Rafa had Novak's number also until 2011..all credit to Novak).

sid

Masters Champion
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
the AntiPusher said:
shivashish said:

Maybe this time different Nole does not have the number 1 in the draw this time.:cool:

sid

Masters Champion
Reactions
Guys have we a link for the live draw?

sid

Masters Champion
Reactions
I take it there is no live links for the draw.

sid

Masters Champion
Reactions
ok I think it will be on atp site

sid

Masters Champion
Reactions
Andy's route:
R1: Marchenko
R2: Lu/Qualifier
R3: Querrey
R4: Pouille