Djokovic Fans thread

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Yeah but the no1 spot could be a boost for motivation. Hopefully.

Nole hardly needs motivation! It could all end tmrw! I'm sure he'll give it his all! I was a bit worried @ AO, but Nole found his game and wore down Thiem who worked rather hard to elim. Rafa & Sasha! Thank goodness it caught up w/ him! Nole needed the title more than Dom.! :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Reactions: Bonaca

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nole hardly needs motivation! It could all end tmrw! I'm sure he'll give it his all! I was a bit worried @ AO, but Nole found his game and wore down Thiem who worked rather hard to elim. Rafa & Sasha! Thank goodness it caught up w/ him! Nole needed the title more than Dom.! :face-with-tears-of-joy:
I will note that you put the laughing icon on this, but it's ironic that that was the same argument made by Fed fans some years back when Novak and Roger were contesting some Major closely. Which, at the time, was breathtaking in its arrogance. Fed fans had to be reminded that Novak wasn't just a pawn in the GOAT race, but had his own stake in it. (This was a while back.) Everyone except those (of us) invested in the GOAT-race should be able to say that Dominic "needed" that title more than Novak did. All of the Big 3 could afford to give over one, if you look at it dispassionately.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
At this rate the weeks at No. 1 record will be the next fortress to to be scaled.

Before the clay season, Nole might extend his lead a little at IW/Miami since he lost early last season! Nadal didn't do as well during the clay season last Spring so the rankings could tighten up again! It seems around Wimbledon, if there's a changing of the guard at the top, it happens during the fortnight! :sick: :facepalm: :astonished-face:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
At this rate the weeks at No. 1 record will be the next fortress to to be scaled.
31 weeks, which is basically 7+months across the rest of his career. May not happen this year, but is within touching distance now.

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
I'd like to congratulate Dubai title to my fellow No1e fans. Congratulations. No1e beat 3 top 20 two of which are top 10 on the way to the title.

I think those boys from his New Belgrade neighbourhood prepared him very well as well as coach Janko from Tipsarevic Academy, so he may continue to work with them for IW/Miami. ;-)

Also, No1e is on #1 for 280 weeks which is 6 short to his idol Sampras record. To remain #1 to Miami, he needs to get to IW semi at least.

BTW, No1e is sponsored by Peugeot & he is supposed to be ambasador for their 208 model which was just chosen for Eropean car o the year. I am looking forward to a commercial with No1e.

Reactions: Bonaca and Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Novak and Jelena Djokovic announced today they will donate 1 million euros via @ novak foundation to help purchase respirators and necessary medical equipment for hospitals in Serbia to combat COVID-19.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Can anyone tell me if Djokovic’s weeks at no.1 in this long tour halt still being counted in the all-time players tally? Thx

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Freezing ranking points means also that weeks at no 1 don’t count until the tour resumes. He is stopped at 282.
Good for Fed, but just a matter of time. He will lose at least this record.

Reactions: Fiero425

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Reactions: Fiero425 and Bonaca

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Tomorrow is when No1e will have 286 weeks at #1, therefore equal to Sabras. However, they stopped incrementing his weeks 4 weeks ago as if it matters if he overtakes Fed sooner rather than later, so what they admit to him is 282. No1e will be 28 weeks behind Fed with his 310 weeks when the competition restarts

Reactions: Bonaca and Fiero425

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Tomorrow is when No1e will have 286 weeks at #1, therefore equal to Sabras. However, they stopped incrementing his weeks 4 weeks ago as if it matters if he overtakes Fed sooner rather than later, so what they admit to him is 282. No1e will be 28 weeks behind Fed with his 310 weeks when the competition restarts
Nole and Rafa were likely to have combated for the #1 over the regular season, so that was not a given. The chances that Novak will pass Roger's weeks at #1, though, are pretty great. I can't help but think, though, that Novak and Rafa (and Roger, if it still matters) are losing time, in terms of majors to win, and weeks at #1. Everyone gets a nice restful break, so that could help the Big 3 in their return, in the short term. But losing 1 and possibly 3 Majors this year will hurt them in the long run. They don't have that many good years left.

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
True, except that I don't know how is this hurting Fed. From what I've heard they even celebrated at his home when ATP decided to freeze the competition.
That seems impossible, to me. Roger missing a Wimbledon at 38 is bad news for him. His window is getting ever-smaller. He was a point away last year. I'm sure he doesn't relish having to train another year to hope for the same opportunity. If you're talking about the weeks at #1, I would say that's just putting off the inevitable, and so I don't think they'd celebrate that.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Novak has given a large donation to hospitals in some of Italy's biggest coronavirus-affected regions.
(Novak had also previously donated 1 million euros to help purchase hospital supplies for Serbia)

Reactions: Fiero425