Djokovic Fans thread

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Obviously his team knows best ( or so we assume) but I dunno about the Asian swing for Novak. He’s got a great shot at winning the ATP finals and getting another YE #1 to tie Sampras Open Era record. I’d rather he be well rested and recouped for that....

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Obviously his team knows best ( or so we assume) but I dunno about the Asian swing for Novak. He’s got a great shot at winning the ATP finals and getting another YE #1 to tie Sampras Open Era record. I’d rather he be well rested and recouped for that....
Me too, and far more important of WTF is AO 20.
If had he only played the final against Nadal instead of Daniil, it would be 20:18:17.
what an opportunity he missed!

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
^^this shows us how any h2h can distort reality, (unless its a meeting in the final)..

nadal cannot beat federer/djokovic on hc in recent years but still wins last hc major of 2019.

like folk talking down federer winning fo2009, blahblah he won but did not beat nadal. as if its the fault of the winners that main rivals lost early in the tourney.

and its not a missed opportunity if he was injured.

Last edited:
Reactions: britbox

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
^^this shows us the how any h2h can distort reality, (unless its a meeting in the final)..

nadal cannot beat federer/djokovic on hc in recent years but still wins last hc major of 2019.

like folk talking down federer winning fo2009, blahblah he won but did not beat nadal. as if its the fault of the winners that main rivals lost early in the tourney.

Nadal beat Federer 3 times at the AO and beat Djokovic 2 times at the USO. Both are the hardcourt goats but Nadal managed to beat them on the biggest stages. He has nothing to prove also on grass since he beat the grass goat Federer in the WB final. Wake me up when Federer beats the clay goat Nadal at RG. :sleep: Nadal has quality wins in his hardcourt and grass slams as he beat the surface goats there. He didn’t have to avoid them. This year he beat the best player of the hardcourt summer and probably the next no.1 and multi-slam champion after the big 3.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
^^this shows us the how any h2h can distort reality, (unless its a meeting in the final)..

Then call it fucking unlucky if you want.
Very bad timing, surly not Nadals fault, he did the best out of it.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Then call it fucking unlucky if you want.
Very bad timing, surly not Nadals fault, he did the best out of it.

I don't see this past USO as a missed opportunity as much as some since I didn't think Nole would defend it anyway! History tells us this major is really tough and has stymied some of the true GREATS! The way I see it, he stole that Wimbledon title I had already added to Roger's total! SHOCKING that it totally changed hands like that; not out of reach of either Nadovic! It doesn't look good for Roger regardless! :whistle: :nono: :facepalm: :eek: :rolleyes: :ptennis:

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
I don't see this past USO as a missed opportunity as much as some since I didn't think Nole would defend it anyway! History tells us this major is really tough and has stymied some of the true GREATS! The way I see it, he stole that Wimbledon title I had already added to Roger's total! SHOCKING that it totally changed hands like that; not out of reach of either Nadovic! It doesn't look good for Roger regardless! :whistle: :nono: :facepalm: :eek: :rolleyes: :ptennis:
It doesn’t look good for both. It will be hard for roger to get such an opportunity again and for Novak to win 4-6 more slams. He never showed the level of AO 19, it will not become easier. It seems he isn’t that focused anymore, maybe I’m wrong.
Roger too old and mentally weak, Nadal machine- like as usual. He will take the record.
If Nadal can keep his current level for the most of 2020, he will surpass Roger.

Reactions: Nadalfan2013

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
It doesn’t look good for both. It will be hard for roger to get such an opportunity again and for Novak to win 4-6 more slams. He never showed the level of AO 19, it will not become easier. It seems he isn’t that focused anymore, maybe I’m wrong.
Roger too old and mentally weak, Nadal machine- like as usual. He will take the record.
If Nadal can keep his current level for the most of 2020, he will surpass Roger.

And what an embarrassment for Roger now and eventually! He takes over the record for MAJORS in 8 years from Sampras, increased it well past what I thought possible last year, and w/b overtaken by his closest rival before he has a chance to retire! Amazing! :whistle: :nono: :facepalm:

Reactions: Nadalfan2013

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
And what an embarrassment for Roger now and eventually! He takes over the record for MAJORS in 8 years from Sampras, increased it well past what I thought possible last year, and w/b overtaken by his closest rival before he has a chance to retire! Amazing! :whistle: :nono: :facepalm:
Yeah not easy for Maestro and his fans.
We will keep at least the h2h record against the robot that looks like a human:yes:.

It is what it is.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

I still like Novak chances in the future of the slams as long as he keeps the desire and is able to be injury free for most of the time.

Novak maybe paid the price for that RG this year where he played a lot of tennis during whole clay court season, but won "only" 1 masters and later was a mentally exhausting Wimbledon too. Next season he could take it easier a bit during clay season and be ready for Wimbledon which should now be his "go to" slam as AO, because of success there in the past years.

I don't think is catastrophic if Novak does nothing in next 2 slams. This is possible if he struggles to find perfect form. Seems like he has a pattern of winning slams in stretches and then nothing until another stretch, so I don't mind if another stretch starts lets say at next Wimbledon as long as his rivals don't win both of those first 2 slams in the year.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
according to l'Equipe, Nole's not sure to be ready for Tokyo and could consider surgery, his injury seems worse than he thought at the beginning, wait and see

Reactions: rafanoy1992

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
according to l'Equipe, Nole's not sure to be ready for Tokyo and could consider surgery, his injury seems worse than he thought at the beginning, wait and see

That's what happened the last time; misdiagnosis, holding off of surgery that was eventually needed wasting a yr. with bad losses! :whistle: :rolleyes:

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

It seems like they are trying their very best to not have surgery. I do not blame them for trying their best to rehab his shoulder without going under because if he does go into surgery he might not be fit enough for 2020 AO tournament. I still think he will not need surgery and will just shut down his season so he could recover for 2020 season.

Reactions: Fiero425

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It seems like they are trying their very best to not have surgery. I do not blame them for trying their best to rehab his shoulder without going under because if he does go into surgery he might not be fit enough for 2020 AO tournament. I still think he will not need surgery and will just shut down his season so he could recover for 2020 season.
As I said to Bonaca above, I suspect that this is a work-in-progress, and they'll feel their way along. I agree with you that the preference is not to do surgery, so they'll keep looking at whether or not rehabbing it is working. There is a bit of luxury of time, right now. Beyond the #1 ranking, Novak doesn't really have any reason to play atm, and would be better off focusing on the injury and how best to protect his AO performance.

Reactions: Bonaca

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
As I said to Bonaca above, I suspect that this is a work-in-progress, and they'll feel their way along. I agree with you that the preference is not to do surgery, so they'll keep looking at whether or not rehabbing it is working. There is a bit of luxury of time, right now. Beyond the #1 ranking, Novak doesn't really have any reason to play atm, and would be better off focusing on the injury and how best to protect his AO performance.

I would say that if he does not play Shanghai (Masters 1000), then I would think he will shut down his 2019 season.

Reactions: Bonaca and Fiero425

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I would say that if he does not play Shanghai (Masters 1000), then I would think he will shut down his 2019 season.
By then, I'd be somewhat surprised if he hasn't decided what he has to do, either way.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
according to l'Equipe, he'll be back in Tokyo