Djokovic Fans thread

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
And what an embarrassment for Roger now and eventually! He takes over the record for MAJORS in 8 years from Sampras, increased it well past what I thought possible last year, and w/b overtaken by his closest rival before he has a chance to retire! Amazing! :whistle: :nono: :facepalm:

Not sure why he would have a need to be embarrassed. I'd reserve that for some of the fanbase. The guy has won 20 majors and hundreds of millions of dollars including endorsements. Why is Sampras an embarrassment? I remember him as a great tennis player.

Listen, I don't want Nadal to pass Federer... but if he does, he does... it won't warrant putting a head in the oven... just a strong sigh. And this still isn't a certainty as we stand.

Reactions: Jelenafan

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Not sure why he would have a need to be embarrassed. I'd reserve that for some of the fanbase. The guy has won 20 majors and hundreds of millions of dollars including endorsements. Why is Sampras an embarrassment? I remember him as a great tennis player.

Listen, I don't want Nadal to pass Federer... but if he does, he does... it won't warrant putting a head in the oven... just a strong sigh. And this still isn't a certainty as we stand.

Wow... Federer fans trying to fight off the temptation of putting their heads in ovens... :facepalm: :cuckoo: B-)

Reactions: Fiero425

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

The Ancient One’s 20 Majors is an awe inspiring feat, as is Nadal’s 19. It’s funny how some fans perspective change; not per the player’s accomplishments perse, but how the fans view those feats as far as personal bragging rights.

As to the future, the historical caveat is Johnny Mac after the 1984 season. At age 25 he had just concluded (even now) one of the best Calender year ATP records, losing just 3 times in the entire year. Mac never won another Major for the rest of his career.

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Tennis.com just named Novak their male player of the Decade.

https://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2019/12/mens-player-decade/86094/

Excerpt:
Djokovic can only be who he is. As he won Wimbledon this year, he seemed content not to try to win anyone over. There was no fall to the grass or cry of triumph, no attempt to celebrate with the fans who had rooted against him. All he could do was win for himself. As Annacone says, “He’s a champion, pure and simple.”

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Tennis.com just named Novak their male player of the Decade.

https://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2019/12/mens-player-decade/86094/

Excerpt:
Djokovic can only be who he is. As he won Wimbledon this year, he seemed content not to try to win anyone over. There was no fall to the grass or cry of triumph, no attempt to celebrate with the fans who had rooted against him. All he could do was win for himself. As Annacone says, “He’s a champion, pure and simple.”

Thanks! It only makes sense since he literally owned it winning the most Majors & Masters events! :whistle: :clap: :yesyes: :rolleyes: :ptennis:

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
Djokovic should pass Federer in most weeks at number no.1 and at least get close in majors as well if he plays like last two seasons second place is great then your in the some era as nadal.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Hope the ATP cup will energize Novak further for the AO. Especially happy with the Medvedev win.

Reactions: Bonaca

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Hope the ATP cup will energize Novak further for the AO. Especially happy with the Medvedev win.
I also hope so!!
These back to back wins against Denis, Daniil and Nadal were huge. Even without his best level.
For me the most special is always a win against Bull.
In terms of opponent-quality it was the match against Daniil.

Reactions: Denis

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
With this win, No1e comes back to #1 with 325 points in front of Nadal and only 10 weeks behind Sampras on all time ATP #1 list.

This is his improved record and habitual 8th Australian Open and the 17th slam won.

The 78th singles title overall which makes him the 5th in the Open Era list. Improved record to 56 ATP Tour Top-level titles (This is like his roll-models Agassi & Sampras combined).

He is on 13 match wining streak in January, but 16 match winning streak counting the 3 wins from Davis Cup finals when unbroken streak started.

He beat 5 top 10 players in Australia during ATP Cup and AO. For a comparison, his idol Sampras never had more than 14 top 10 wins in any season, while Nole had 5 in the first month of this season.

He must have set some prize money records too, but I don't know the values at this stage.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
With this win, No1e comes back to #1 with 325 points in front of Nadal and only 10 weeks behind Sampras on all time ATP #1 list.

This is his improved record and habitual 8th Australian Open and the 17th slam won.

The 78th singles title overall which makes him the 5th in the Open Era list. Improved record to 56 ATP Tour Top-level titles (This is like his roll-models Agassi & Sampras combined).

He is on 13 match wining streak in January, but 16 match winning streak counting the 3 wins from Davis Cup finals when unbroken streak started.

He beat 5 top 10 players in Australia during ATP Cup and AO. For a comparison, his idol Sampras never had more than 14 top 10 wins in any season, while Nole had 5 in the first month of this season.

He must have set some prize money records too, but I don't know the values at this stage.
Thanks Mastoor, nice to read your posts as always.

Reactions: Mastoor

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Next step for Novak is to overtake Sampras on the total number of weeks at #1 list and to do so Nole has to remain at #1 by the end of Monte Carlo masters.

So No1e has to prevent being overtaken by Nadal who is very close #2. First, No1e has to get to semifinal in Dubai and then to get equal or better result than Nadal in IW & Miami.

Reactions: Bonaca and Fiero425

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

so when are you going to lick the ground that Djoker walked on? or maybe you have already, did it taste sweet? bitter? or like a dog pissed on it? geez