Djokovic Fans thread

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
There is no reason not to play. If he withdraws, I’m going to assume it’s due to his left arm injury.
Agreed no reason not to play, but it's a good question about the left arm. He went down and hit it pretty hard and got it seen to. Then he dropped his serve, then the "Issue." But there was no time to see if it was really hurt or not.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Here is something for Djokovic fans to commemorate while they wait for the fallout from this silly incident at the US Open to pass. This was Djokovic's first match in a Wimbledon final. It was one of the easiest victories in a Slam semi or final in his career, and frankly it should have happened a year sooner. His opponent in the final really had no chance against him and was out of his league trying to compete on this day. It's just too bad for Djokovic that he flopped against Berdych the year before because he would have done this a year sooner had that not happened.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Thx for that.
There are plenty of other pleasant memorys about Novak.

I could remember espacially 29 immediately ;) !!

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Thx for that.
There are plenty of other pleasant memorys about Novak.

I could remember espacially 29 immediately ;) !!

29 and counting. Maybe there is a silver lining in him leaving the US Open early. Perhaps it will give him the opportunity to snag number 30 in Rome as a preview for an even bigger title at Roland Garros!

Reactions: Bonaca

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think he will wait to at least look at the draw and see if PCB lands in his section. If he does then Djoko will withdraw.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think he will wait to at least look at the draw and see if PCB lands in his section. If he does then Djoko will withdraw.

Why would he withdraw if he knows he has a 99.99999% chance of beating somebody? Surely you must have a reason for that.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Yes, and it’s better I think for him to get on the court immediately and get this incident behind him so that when he gets to Paris he doesn’t have to deal with the barrage of questions about the incident. Better to get that out of the way in Rome.
He has to focus on the game, not so much side-work like Players-council, calling majors or governors to help other players or doing beneficial stuff.
The draw is irrelevant for him if he is healthy and focused.
29/17/284 and counting!

Last edited:

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Very good win today against Caruso. From the highlights I saw Djokovic looked sharp. With Wawrinka out now Djokovic has given a pretty favorable path to the final, unless Berretini catches fire or this Musetti guy (who I haven't seen play yet) busts through and has an excellent week. But both of the Italians will have a hard time beating Djokovic if they get far enough to play him anyhow, so Djokovic appears to have a pretty clear path to the final.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Very good win today against Caruso. From the highlights I saw Djokovic looked sharp. With Wawrinka out now Djokovic has given a pretty favorable path to the final, unless Berretini catches fire or this Musetti guy (who I haven't seen play yet) busts through and has an excellent week. But both of the Italians will have a hard time beating Djokovic if they get far enough to play him anyhow, so Djokovic appears to have a pretty clear path to the final.

I really really really really really really hope that Djokovic makes the final. :yes: :yesyes: :face-with-hand-over-mouth:

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
I really really really really really really hope that Djokovic makes the final. :yes: :yesyes: :face-with-hand-over-mouth:
Where did you hide yesterday? Your master was playing and no word from you?

I’m happy you can still hope Novak makes the F!

But sadly both of your biggest hopes don’t become truth:
First: He would have smashed Novak in the F in straights, that’s for sure, I think 6:0 6:1 would be realistic.
Second: What is wrong with the Italian? They should have at least disqualified him for breaking a racquet.
Let’s both hope it will happen at the French Open.

Reactions: Fiero425

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
What is wrong with the Italian? They should have at least disqualified him for breaking a racquet.
Clearly, you still don't understand how the rules work.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

And he is now there. Time to finish the job today.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Clearly, you still don't understand how the rules work.

Clearly you don't either.....there is nothing explicit in the US Open rules that says a player has to be suspended for accidentally hitting a line judge on a first offense with a medium-paced line drive in a direction he is turning away from. You just didn't want Djokovic to win another Slam and you enjoyed seeing it taken away from him. Why not just admit it?

It's funny hearing you be so law-and-order-oriented on this question given your lax attitude toward flagrant violations of immigration law in the United States or how to interpret the 14th Amendment. On one matter (Djokovic at the US Open) you are a stern schoolmarm saying "those are the rules, young man!" but when it comes to massive waves of illegal immigration and blatant violations of longstanding immigration law you say "oh, the rules don't really matter that much."

The bottom line is that you simply can't hide your agenda. That's what everything is about for you: pushing an agenda. And you do a terrible job at hiding your obvious bias in each case.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Novak is 31-1 this year without getting beaten regularly.

some of the biggest “experts” in this forum still bullshiting the AO F was about Missy.
She almost lost to big choker giraffe, could be so happy That they put him away.
And still the biggest idiots in this forum, spitting out Missy would have won against novak.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Clearly you don't either.....there is nothing explicit in the US Open rules that says a player has to be suspended for accidentally hitting a line judge on a first offense with a medium-paced line drive in a direction he is turning away from. You just didn't want Djokovic to win another Slam and you enjoyed seeing it taken away from him. Why not just admit it?

You can read the rules below, and you know the precedents, as well. Had the woman not been hurt, things would almost certainly have gone differently. But the violation, however unintended, was deemed "injurious" and sufficiently "egregious." When you hit the ball in frustration or anger and not in the course of play, (or throw a racquet, for that matter,) you risk the consequences. If someone gets hurt, there really isn't an option. This has nothing to do with how much I didn't want Novak to win the US Open. Aside from Novak fans on the internet, there is universal consent amongst ex-players and tennis journalists/commentators that it was the right call, so it's not just me. Try to imagine the cries of favoritism if Djokovic had been allowed to continue. Particularly as Serena Williams has been ejected from the same tournament on "letter of the law" sanctions, and had been subjected to same in the final v Osaka just last year. And before you complain that Serena was at least allowed "3 strikes," she didn't injure anyone. Some of this is addressed in the Sports Illustrated link below, including arguments as to why Djokovic had to be defaulted.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think Djokovic fought very well since the return from the break, but I think that his "form" is a little bit overrated because he didn't really face many top players.

Cincinnati
Berankis 7-6, 6-4
Sandgren 6-2, 6-4
Struff 6-3, 6-1
Bautista Agut 4-6, 6-4, 7-6
Raonic 1-6, 6-3, 6-4

US Open
Dzumhur 6-1, 6-4, 6-1
Edmund 6-7, 6-3, 6-4, 6-2
Struff 6-3, 6-3, 6-1
Carreno Busta 5-6 disqualified

Rome
Caruso 6-3, 6-2
Krajinovic 7-6, 6-3
Koepfer 6-3, 4-6, 6-3
Ruud 7-5, 6-3
Schwartzman 7-5, 6-3

Sorry but I see nothing impressive with losing sets to the likes of Koepfer and Edmund, and then the 2 somewhat difficult players that he faced (Raonic and Bautista Agut) he almost lost to them. If he doesn't get easy opponents in the FO like he has so far he might be exposed.

Last edited:

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think Djokovic fought very well since the return from the break, but I think that his "form" is a little bit overrated because he didn't really face many top players.

Cincinnati
Berankis 7-6, 6-4
Sandgren 6-2, 6-4
Struff 6-3, 6-1
Bautista Agut 4-6, 6-4, 7-6
Raonic 1-6, 6-3, 6-4

US Open
Dzumhur 6-1, 6-4, 6-1
Edmund 6-7, 6-3, 6-4, 6-2
Struff 6-3, 6-3, 6-1
Carreno Busta 5-6 disqualified

Rome
Caruso 6-3, 6-2
Krajinovic 7-6, 6-3
Koepfer 6-3, 4-6, 6-3
Ruud 7-5, 6-3
Schwartzman 7-5, 6-3

Sorry but I see nothing impressive with losing sets to the likes of Koepfer and Edmund, and then the only 2 difficult players he faced with Raonic and Bautista Agut he almost lost. If he faces difficult opponents in the FO he will be in trouble.

Like Nadal at Wimbledon in 2010 or the US Open in 2010 and 2013 up until the final or all the times at the French Open when Nadal lucked out innot having to face Djokovic (like last year)?

Look at who Nadal played at Wimbledon in 2010 and tell me what was impressive about that. He was lucky he didn’t have to play Djokovic in the final.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Like Nadal at Wimbledon in 2010 or the US Open in 2010 and 2013 up until the final or all the times at the French Open when Nadal lucked out innot having to face Djokovic (like last year)?

Look at who Nadal played at Wimbledon in 2010 and tell me what was impressive about that. He was lucky he didn’t have to play Djokovic in the final.

He beat Djokovic in both finals of the USO in 2010 and 2013 so I don't even need to look at the rest as it's already the most difficult opponent in the final.

As for Wimbledon 2010 he beat the #4 Murray, #6 Soderling and #12 Berdych. That's two top 10 players and the man who beat both Djokovic and Federer along the way which means that he was playing at a very high level. That's pretty solid.

But this has nothing to do with Nadal and certainly nothing to do with 7 and 10 years ago, so don't change the subject. I'm just saying that yes Djokovic fought and did well since his return, but when you look at most of his opponents it doesn't say much about his level, there's nothing "wow" about it. So we'll see when he comes up against more difficult draws and opponents but let's not pretend that he's playing invincible tennis, far from it.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

If Djokovic couldn't beat Nadal on HC at the USO in 2010, there is no reason to believe that he would have beaten him at Wimbledon that year. A match that was never played, though that never seems to bother you. Speaking of agendas, you are very interested in negating Nadal's Major wins, and your new pet is the 2010 Wimbledon. You've also been trying to rewrite the 2007 and 2011 RG finals. You've always tried to rewrite the 2013 US Open final, and the 2019 final there, no matter how laughable your argument is. You've long insisted that Nadal has no talent. 19 Majors later, and counting, that does make you look foolish. Rewriting history doesn't help.

Reactions: Nadalfan2013