Djokovic Fans thread

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
He was frustrated probably because he hit a short approach shot, not because he is bad at the net or that Djokovic was that good. :facepalm: :rolleyes: Nadal overall is the best volleyer on tour and the best at hitting passing shots. :bye:

P.s Djokovic or Federer would have probably broken a racket instead of Nadal’s subdued minor annoyance. :yesyes: :cuckoo:

I never said he was bad at net! He's actually quite good as evidenced by his doubles success in an OG medal with Lopez in 2016! I just criticize him for not approaching the net more to cut off weak shots to end points a lot sooner! He makes his job all the more testing by allowing nobodies and never-weres to keep him on court unnecessarily long going 3, 4, & 5 sets! :whistle: :nono: :facepalm: :cuckoo: :eek: :rolleyes:

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Can a legitimate Nole fan find out his schedule for 2019 and post it either here or in a legitimate Novak Fan's thread, if one exists.

The_Grand_Slam

Masters Champion
Reactions
Can a legitimate Nole fan find out his schedule for 2019 and post it either here or in a legitimate Novak Fan's thread, if one exists.

MARCH

Indian Wells, USA (March 7 – 17)

Miami, USA (March 20 – 31)

MAY & JUNE

Madrid Open, Spain (May 5 – 11)

Rome Masters, Italy (May 12 – May 18)

Roland Garros (May 26 – June 9)

JULY

Wimbledon (July 1 – 14)

https://tennishead.net/novak-djokovics-tournament-schedule-for-2019/

Hasn't confirmed anything beyond Wimbledon

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Djokovic in one word, per his peers:

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nole and his family is in Marbella, some pictures showed him play with kids on the beach

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I actually like Djokovic and I can not understand why fans boo him. He rarely shows any antics on court and the fans knew that he had a shoulder problem.

What's hilarious is how comms and fans of Fedal kvetch about how rude Nole's fans behave in his defense! "Look in a mirror!" :whistle: :eek: :oops:

Double Bagel

Masters Champion
Reactions
I think they boo'ed this last time because they wanted the match with Stan to continue and he just couldn't go on. Was that warranted by the fans, not at all but they pay the ticket prices and I guess can boo if they want.

Reactions: Fiero425

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Look, I agree fully that Novak really had a shoulder issue. Having said that, I don't think it would have cost him anything to stand there for 15 more minutes and allow Stan to enjoy his moment. Novak does not have to actually play for winning from that point. Of course, he should not just stand there either.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
This is the same debate we have every time someone retires. Almost no injury is bad enough to where a player cannot continue playing even at 50% effort. So yeah, of course he, like virtually every other player who ever retired in what should be the final set, could have continued the match. However, after two sets of effort, agony, pain and disappointment, I can't really blame him for wanting to get out of there. This isn't like the Roddick at the 2009 AO situation where Novak retired due to heat instead of finishing the match.

Double Bagel

Masters Champion
Reactions
Look, I agree fully that Novak really had a shoulder issue. Having said that, I don't think it would have cost him anything to stand there for 15 more minutes and allow Stan to enjoy his moment. Novak does not have to actually play for winning from that point. Of course, he should not just stand there either.
That does sound good, but at the level these players play at and if they do have an injury continuing at even 50% of that level could do a lot more harm to whatever is going on. I have been a Physical Therapist for quite some time and if someone if injured it is time to stop, especially at the level these players go at it.

Reactions: Bonaca

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
That does sound good, but at the level these players play at and if they do have an injury continuing at even 50% of that level could do a lot more harm to whatever is going on. I have been a Physical Therapist for quite some time and if someone if injured it is time to stop, especially at the level these players go at it.

Come on, he tried to win the match with that shoulder, once he realized he can't he claims he cannot play anymore. While I am not claiming that his injury is fake, he definitely had it in him to complete the match.

Double Bagel

Masters Champion
Reactions
Come on, he tried to win the match with that shoulder, once he realized he can't he claims he cannot play anymore. While I am not claiming that his injury is fake, he definitely had it in him to complete the match.
He is a Professional Athlete and a competitor of course he is going to do everything possible to try and win the match. He is the only one that really knows how the shoulder feels each time he hits a ground stroke or a serve. All I am saying is more damage can be done especially playing at the level that these professional athletes play if they keep going and only he knows exactly how he is feeling while he is playing and that can change from one ground stroke to the next.

Reactions: Bonaca and Fiero425

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I actually like Djokovic and I can not understand why fans boo him. He rarely shows any antics on court and the fans knew that he had a shoulder problem.
As a small defense of the crowd, I disagree with you that they all knew he had a shoulder problem, and if you didn't know that, it may have looked like he retired because he was losing badly. It wasn't so obvious by the way he played, to the casual observer. Not true, but I'm just saying. I go to this event most years and talk to lots of people. If you think they are all up on the minutiae of tennis, as we are here, you'd be wrong. People go because they are fans of one player, for example. Or because they play tennis more than they follow it, and this is our local. Or it's a big event, so they make NYC and the Open a destination. My points are that: A) a lot of people probably didn't know about or see the effects of a shoulder injury; B) some number of the fans in the stadium would have been Fedal fans, and therefore disinclined to Novak (per tented's article,) C) they paid a lot of money for those tickets, so felt a bit jipped, and D) probably a fair number of them had been drinking. This is not to excuse poor behavior, but perhaps to explain it a bit more.

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Fed just finished his match despite being injured himself, there is a reason Fed never quit mid match while Djoker 'grand slammed' out on injuries. It's definitely all about that Stan was winning, so he gave up.

Double Bagel

Masters Champion
Reactions
Fed just finished his match despite being injured himself, there is a reason Fed never quit mid match while Djoker 'grand slammed' out on injuries. It's definitely all about that Stan was winning, so he gave up.
You have no idea if that is the reason. Sure it could be the reason or it could be that he felt something really was wrong with his shoulder. Take for example a player who is up a set and twists and snaps their knee and then can't go on . Do they continue to play on because they are winning? Only the player knows the true reason what is going on with their body. These players are professional athletes and competitors who have been playing this game for a long time and they don't likely just like to give up and quit unless there is a valid reason.

Reactions: Bonaca