Djokovic Fans thread

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Right, but didn't he really say that all of the old guys where going to have to look out for the youngsters? He also said they know what they have to do. He's really not just talking about Djokovic. That's why I suspected you didn't read it. Sorry if I was wrong.
He was talking about Djokovic. The problem with some newspapers is that they do not show the questions that are being asked. He could have been responding to specific questions he was asked.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
He was talking about Djokovic. The problem with some newspapers is that they do not show the questions that are being asked. He could have been responding to specific questions he was asked.
Exactly my point. Toni says a couple of things in response to questions, which are not in the article. They make a sensational headline, and everyone reacts to it. But it's really not what he said. He spoke about Djokovic, yes, in the context of the youngsters, but he also spoke about Roger and Rafa in terms of dealing with them. You have no idea what order these answers came in, either. The Express is a bit of a rag, you should realize.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rant, rant; rave rave! Very irrational commentary! Someone's being offended & lashing out! Shame; a total loss of composure! :whistle: :cuckoo: :rolleyes:
If you're talking about me, I'm totally composed, and I asked you a question. And valid ones of Darth. If you have no response, don't think that a string of emoticons substitutes for debate.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It's ugly, for most of his career it was just about grounding his opponents down by never missing and being able to run all day. I give him credit for improving and becoming much more well-rounded as he has aged but for most of his career he was fairly limited. He was just about being "faster, stronger, longer". And then the personality, gamesmanship, fake humility, self-serving comments, etc. and of course I suspect him of the hot sauce.
I'm also waiting to hear about all of those other thorns in Roger's side. Obviously your disliking Ferrer and Simon is merely a distraction from the argument. You trying to prove that you don't only hate Rafa. What a joke. I really don't like Berdych's game, or Cilic, at all, and Dimitrov has me on my last nerve, but that has nothing to do with the conversation, let's face it.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
...and so it continues! :whistle: :nono: :facepalm: :banghead: :cuckoo: :confused: :eek: :sick: :rip:
How is this a response? You completely demean my favorite player, in his character and his game. I ask you to defend it, and you have nothing. I thought it was fair to ask you to defend it.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm also waiting to hear about all of those other thorns in Roger's side. Obviously your disliking Ferrer and Simon is merely a distraction from the argument. You trying to prove that you don't only hate Rafa. What a joke. I really don't like Berdych's game, or Cilic, at all, and Dimitrov has me on my last nerve, but that has nothing to do with the conversation, let's face it.

Berdych was a big thorn for a few years. Djoker of course has been a big thorn for awhile but 2014 and 2015 were more so than other years and those were also times when Rafa was mostly irrelevant (after RG 2014). And mentioning Ferrer and Simon is to show that I can hate players even if they haven't given Roger any notable issues.

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Exactly my point. Toni says a couple of things in response to questions, which are not in the article. They make a sensational headline, and everyone reacts to it. But it's really not what he said. He spoke about Djokovic, yes, in the context of the youngsters, but he also spoke about Roger and Rafa in terms of dealing with them. You have no idea what order these answers came in, either. The Express is a bit of a rag, you should realize.
I know that some newspapers can hide things, but that does not exclude the fact that he said it.

Last edited:

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I am wondering whether it is the same interview because Tony’s words are different, even though the substance is the same.
The dates are the same. How many interviews do you think Toni gives? Also, he doesn't really speak English, so I feel certain he would have to have been translated.

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The dates are the same. How many interviews do you think Toni gives? Also, he doesn't really speak English, so I feel certain he would have to have been translated.
I wouldn’t know how many interviews he gives. The fact that it is a translation could be an issue, but it is clear that there is a difference between what the Express says and the article whose link you posted.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Not even an original; more an a-hole than most who feels so self-entitled to be that a-hole I can't stand it! His arrogance was visible from day 1 w/ his gamesmanship, stalling, & challenging all calls that made him look like an idiot! Please don't get me started! :whistle: :nono: :facepalm:
And are you talking about arrogance? no more than Novak has besides his strange acting with all around him

The_Grand_Slam

Masters Champion
Reactions
Toni Nadal thinks the next generation will trigger a fall for the #1 .

In 2019, it may be finished given the change of generation that is underway.

[parsehtml]
<a class="embedly-card" href="https://www.express.co.uk/sport/tennis/1052254/Novak-Djokovic-finished-ATP-Tour-Toni-Nadal">Novak Djokovic could be 'finished' next season - Toni Nadal explains why</a>
[/parsehtml]

I know it's express clickbait but this opinion is just wrong.
There's much higher chance of his nephew bailing after 2019 than Djokovic getting finished(though some of the youngsters have given him a bit of trouble)

Reactions: Fiero425

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
There's much higher chance of his nephew bailing after 2019 than Djokovic getting finished(though some of the youngsters have given him a bit of trouble)

Unless UT is giving glowing praise and compliments to the #1, he should keep his fk'n mouth shut! I'm sure he would be offended if the same maligning was going on by Fed or Nole's team! What an a-hole! We shouldn't be surprised; been a jerk for years going back to his coaching during matches and giving stupid interviews making out he's just as important as any player! IDIOT! :whistle: :nono: :facepalm: :cuckoo: :eek: :rolleyes:

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Unless UT is giving glowing praise and compliments to the #1, he should keep his fk'n mouth shut! I'm sure he would be offended if the same maligning was going on by Fed or Nole's team! What an a-hole! We shouldn't be surprised; been a jerk for years going back to his coaching during matches and giving stupid interviews making out he's just as important as any player! IDIOT! :whistle: :nono: :facepalm: :cuckoo: :eek: :rolleyes:
Obviously that is your wish and both of you look a lot more IDIOT because you are critizing to someone who knows a lot more tennis than you but at the same time you are saying something even worse about his nephew.. You should be the ones to keep your fk’n mouth shut instead to throw so much poison comment by comment, sometimes is a shame to come here and to read so much garbage and of course very far to read something interesting, CLOWNS!

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I found the interview that this must have come from. It's from Diario Vasco on 22 Nov, so a few days prior, which is time to translate, and then make outrageous and erroneous headlines. It's in Spanish, but you can click on it and see that it's a longish interview, it has a lot to do with how his life has changed since leaving the tour and working at the Academy. It's mostly to do with Rafa, more than any other player, as you might imagine, and more Federer than Djokovic. He mentioned Nole briefly, to say that he wasn't surprised that he'd found his high level again, because he's too "quality" of a player not to have. He did say that he was surprised that he got stopped like that by Khachanov and Zverev, but that it could be indicative of what's to come in 2019, then went on to talk about how it seemed that the younger players looked ready to take the next step. He said he thought that, at 38, Roger was going to have a harder time at Majors, in best of 5 format, but maybe he'd still find a way at Wimbledon. Then he said it will start being the same for Rafael, too.

Toni's comments were not strong predictions, or insulting to anyone in any way. A lot of what he says is what we've all been saying around here. The article that Britbox put up, and the one I followed with are pretty sloppy journalism, first, for not citing where the quotes came from, and second, for selecting out brief comments and turning them into big predictions or prophecies of doom for anyone, in headlines, no less. I'm especially hoping that @Fiero425 will read this, as he quite profanely insisted that Toni should keep his opinions to himself.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Berdych was a big thorn for a few years. Djoker of course has been a big thorn for awhile but 2014 and 2015 were more so than other years and those were also times when Rafa was mostly irrelevant (after RG 2014). And mentioning Ferrer and Simon is to show that I can hate players even if they haven't given Roger any notable issues.
The H2H with Berdych is 20-6. Yes, Berdy beat him at a few big moments, but not really that much of a threat, overall. Djokovic is and has been, of course, but you always insist that he beat "geriatric" Fed, when pressed by Novak's fans. Realistically, you could dislike Djokovic a lot, given your reasons for disliking Rafa: he's quite the backstop, he runs endlessly and endures long, long matches. He's a notable time-waster, too. He's made unseemly gestures at ball kids and had plenty of arguments with umps. He had a mid career surge that makes him more suspect than Rafa, and yet you don't endlessly harp on that. Roger even clearly disliked him at a certain point in their careers. But from you...a total pass. It's very clear why. I still say that your hatred of Nadal is based on his records against Roger, and records that stand as better than Roger's. There is no one who blights Fed's resume they way Rafa does, so it's clear why you hate him, and spend so much time in a smear campaign against him. You also hate Ferrer and Simon? Oh, that makes up for it then. B-)

Reactions: Jelenafan

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Meh, I speak Spanish.

Give me the actual interview what Uncle Toni said in spanish and then we’ll talk.