isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
5th N°1 trophy for Nole, as much as Mr Vavrinec and moron Connors

Reactions: Fiero425

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Toni Nadal thinks the next generation will trigger a fall for the #1 .

In 2019, it may be finished given the change of generation that is underway.

[parsehtml]
<a class="embedly-card" href="https://www.express.co.uk/sport/tennis/1052254/Novak-Djokovic-finished-ATP-Tour-Toni-Nadal">Novak Djokovic could be 'finished' next season - Toni Nadal explains why</a>
[/parsehtml]

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Toni Nadal thinks the next generation will trigger a fall for the #1 .

In 2019, it may be finished given the change of generation that is underway.

[parsehtml]
<a class="embedly-card" href="https://www.express.co.uk/sport/tennis/1052254/Novak-Djokovic-finished-ATP-Tour-Toni-Nadal">Novak Djokovic could be 'finished' next season - Toni Nadal explains why</a>
[/parsehtml]

I wish he would just go away; and take his nephew with him! :whistle: :nono: :facepalm: :banghead: :cuckoo: :eek: :rolleyes: :rip:

Reactions: DarthFed

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I wish he would just go away; and take his nephew with him! :whistle: :nono: :facepalm: :banghead: :cuckoo: :eek: :rolleyes: :rip:
Amazing how many people on this forum keep wishing for the end of Nadal. I think that you people cannot really love tennis. Nadal is a true original, and he's been great for the sport. Pure partisanship, if you ask me.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Amazing how many people on this forum keep wishing for the end of Nadal. I think that you people cannot really love tennis. Nadal is a true original, and he's been great for the sport. Pure partisanship, if you ask me.

Not even an original; more an a-hole than most who feels so self-entitled to be that a-hole I can't stand it! His arrogance was visible from day 1 w/ his gamesmanship, stalling, & challenging all calls that made him look like an idiot! Please don't get me started! :whistle: :nono: :facepalm:

Reactions: DarthFed

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

It's all I hold onto as Roger's career is almost done. We've suffered 13 years of the rat so far. Hope he takes up fishing sometime soon. And give that lovely GF of his a baby.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Not even an original; more an a-hole than most who feels so self-entitled to be that a-hole I can't stand it! His arrogance was visible from day 1 w/ his gamesmanship, stalling, & challenging all calls that made him look like an idiot! Please don't get me started! :whistle: :nono: :facepalm:
Oh, I'll get u started. He does have an original game. Even Fed says that. You don't like it? Too bad. Self-entitled? Gamesmanship? That seems to be in the eye of the beholder. Others see a pretty humble guy who doesn't throw fits on the court, unlike other players, or most. Challenges? He's actually pretty good with them...and all players make them. I'm really not sure where you're going with that. You dislike everything he does simply because you dislike the way he plays tennis. He's not guilty, or is rather a lot LESS guilty of on-court petulance than most other players, and certainly than the one you most like now, and the one you eschewed for a more current champion. Your prejudices are transparent. And you...who makes a big game of being a long-historian of tennis. Pfft.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It's all I hold onto as Roger's career is almost done. We've suffered 13 years of the rat so far. Hope he takes up fishing sometime soon. And give that lovely GF of his a baby.
To you, I have nothing to say. At least you don't pretend with your hatred. It's ugly, but at least we know that it's all about sour grapes. If Rafa hadn't made Roger look so bad, you wouldn't give two winks about him.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Oh, I'll get u started. He does have an original game. Even Fed says that. You don't like it? Too bad. Self-entitled? Gamesmanship? That seems to be in the eye of the beholder. Others see a pretty humble guy who doesn't throw fits on the court, unlike other players, or most. Challenges? He's actually pretty good with them...and all players make them. I'm really not sure where you're going with that. You dislike everything he does simply because you dislike the way he plays tennis. He's not guilty, or is rather a lot LESS guilty of on-court petulance than most other players, and certainly than the one you most like now, and the one you eschewed for a more current champion. Your prejudices are transparent. And you...who makes a big game of being a long-historian of tennis. Pfft.

You're in the minority with your Rafa-fandom! People agree w/ me here & on other sites! The game truly is ugly; same with Murray! :facepalm:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
You're in the minority with you Rafa-fandom! People agree with me here and on other sites! The game truly is ugly; same with Murray! :whistle:
I don't care if you think I'm in any minority, and that you think his game is "ugly." It's effective, it's revolutionary, and in some ways it's the future of tennis. Many think it's thrilling. The man has many millions of fans. Comments on this forum and others make up less than 1% of the tennis viewing population. I hope you realize that. Whatever you think is "ugly" about it has really nothing to do with tennis, I suspect.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
To you, I have nothing to say. At least you don't pretend with your hatred. It's ugly, but at least we know that it's all about sour grapes. If Rafa hadn't made Roger look so bad, you wouldn't give two winks about him.

Nonsense. There have been plenty of thorns in Roger's side. Yes I know he's been the biggest, but if you think that's what it's all about for me and others who dislike him you are way off. I hate Ferrer and Simon as well. Have a strong dislike for many others that Roger had no problems with.

Reactions: Fiero425

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Also, Nadal's game has nothing much in common with Murray's. But, for the record, leaving off personal foibles that you seem to object to, what is it that you really don't like about Nadal's game, @Fiero425? And I really mean his game.

Last edited:

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Looks like Tony Nadal is the greatest tennis expert. A few weeks ago, he told us that Federer was done winning slams, and now he says Djokovic could be finished in 2019 because of the up and coming players. Now we want to hear his 2019 predictions for Rafael Nadal.

Reactions: GameSetAndMath

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nonsense. There have been plenty of thorns in Roger's side. Yes I know he's been the biggest, but if you think that's what it's all about for me and others who dislike him you are way off. I hate Ferrer and Simon as well. Have a strong dislike for many others that Roger had no problems with.
Well, there aren't really that many other thorns in Roger's side, let's be honest. Who did you have in mind, Djokovic? Ah, but there you have to give him a pass because he's the only one who was stopping Rafa for Roger. So who else? Del Potro? Cilic? Berdych? Give me a break.

I'll ask you the same question I just asked Fiero: what is it that you really don't like about his game? Try to be dispassionate about it.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Looks like Tony Nadal is the greatest tennis expert. A few weeks ago, he told us that Federer was done winning slams, and now he says Djokovic could be finished in 2019 because of the up and coming players. Now we want to hear his 2019 predictions for Rafael Nadal.
You really should read the article. It is The Express, after all, so the headline is sensational, the content much less so. And he does imply that Rafa and Roger have to look out for the young and up-coming stars, as well. Mostly Toni says that he's not surprised that Novak got back to his #1 level. That just didn't make the headline.

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
You really should read the article. It is The Express, after all, so the headline is sensational, the content much less so. And he does imply that Rafa and Roger have to look out for the young and up-coming stars, as well. Mostly Toni says that he's not surprised that Novak got back to his #1 level. That just didn't make the headline.
I read the whole story. Why do you think I didn't read the story? Obviously the 2019 part is sensational, and I would be most interested in that part as well. What he said about Djokovic returning to number #1 is what we all know, so it is not worth a headline.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Well, there aren't really that many other thorns in Roger's side, let's be honest. Who did you have in mind, Djokovic? Ah, but there you have to give him a pass because he's the only one who was stopping Rafa for Roger. So who else? Del Potro? Cilic? Berdych? Give me a break.

I'll ask you the same question I just asked Fiero: what is it that you really don't like about his game? Try to be dispassionate about it.

It's ugly, for most of his career it was just about grounding his opponents down by never missing and being able to run all day. I give him credit for improving and becoming much more well-rounded as he has aged but for most of his career he was fairly limited. He was just about being "faster, stronger, longer". And then the personality, gamesmanship, fake humility, self-serving comments, etc. and of course I suspect him of the hot sauce.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I read the whole story. Why do you think I didn't read the story? Obviously the 2019 part is sensational, and I would be most interested in that part as well. What he said about Djokovic returning to number #1 is what we all know, so it is not worth a headline.
Right, but didn't he really say that all of the old guys where going to have to look out for the youngsters? He also said they know what they have to do. He's really not just talking about Djokovic. That's why I suspected you didn't read it. Sorry if I was wrong.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It's ugly, for most of his career it was just about grounding his opponents down by never missing and being able to run all day. I give him credit for improving and becoming much more well-rounded as he has aged but for most of his career he was fairly limited. He was just about being "faster, stronger, longer". And then the personality, gamesmanship, fake humility, self-serving comments, etc. and of course I suspect him of the hot sauce.
"Ugly" is an aesthetic argument and your opinion. You're welcome to it, but it has no validity in fact. And just 'grinding down opponents' is a simplification of his game. You've never appreciated any nuance of his play...spin, touch, nothing. You see it the way you want to, in the same way that you like to believe that he's on the "hot sauce." I've given you every reason why not, and all you give back are generalized bromides, which, frankly, apply to Roger, Novak, and most other players on the tour. But you believe what serves your own world view. Same as you think he's "fake" humble. How hard is it to believe he's actually humble? Why, because Federer just really isn't, so you have to make Rafa the same kind of egotist? All of the personality stuff is window-dressing, as is the character-assassination as to doping. You don't like him because he's the Black Hat when it comes to Roger, and he's really the only one, so you keep trying to sell the bad-guy idea, and saps like Fiero buy it.