Djokovic Fans thread

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
I have 3 requests for Nole: 1. put on another 5-6 kilos on his body; 2 Skip Laver Cup; 3: Have Gerard Butler in his box for every major final. :dance2: Not much to ask, right? Hug M!!!:heart:

Hello Billie. Nice to see you again.

Reactions: Billie

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Amen.

It’s hard to take the players serious when they complain about the overcrowded tennis season and yet manage to accommodate a nonevent like Laver Cup somehow.

Yeah, Nole better not complain this year about it. But I think he missed enough tennis that he won't complain about it this year. LOL

Not sure if the players are paid for this or not, I wasn't following it last year, but it looks like Fed's management company is in charge of this and I see Rolex is one of the big sponsors. I think Nole didn't want to refuse them, after all it is not easy to say no to Fed and Laver. Besides it's a team competition, so they seem to like that.

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Yeah, Nole better not complain this year about it. But I think he missed enough tennis that he won't complain about it this year. LOL

Not sure if the players are paid for this or not, I wasn't following it last year, but it looks like Fed's management company is in charge of this and I see Rolex is one of the big sponsors. I think Nole didn't want to refuse them, after all it is not easy to say no to Fed and Laver. Besides it's a team competition, so they seem to like that.

Yes, that's Federer's enterprise to make more billions for him and his friends, which obviously started including Nole too.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I was hoping Roger would just show up in a suit to the damn event and not bother playing. Instead he's just wearing a suit around the Windy City and is going to play.

He roped Nadal into playing last year and did the same to Novak this year. I'm sure these guys are smart enough at their advanced ages to make this a one-time event. Unfortunately it is Roger's baby and he probably feels like he has to play in it.

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
I was hoping Roger would just show up in a suit to the damn event and not bother playing. Instead he's just wearing a suit around the Windy City and is going to play.

He roped Nadal into playing last year and did the same to Novak this year. I'm sure these guys are smart enough at their advanced ages to make this a one-time event. Unfortunately it is Roger's baby and he probably feels like he has to play in it.

I don't think he will need Nole or Rafa any more for this. People are happy to pay US$420 to watch Dimitrov/Tiafo and Sock/Edmund, the matches they normally wouldn't watch in tens of thousands in regular tournaments where tickets are much cheaper.

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
If you guys wonder of Nole's whereabouts after his victorious performance in Chicago, where he lost everything he played, yet he lifted a trophy B-), Nole is in Belgrade where he will decide in next 3 days whether he will play in Peking. He will definitely play in Shanghai.

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Nole trained with Vajda yesterday in his tennis club in Belgrade, after having a housewarming party in a new apartment he moved in a day earlier.

He is yet to decide about playing in Peking.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I thought he said he wouldn't play Beejing this year ???

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
At first, he didn't want to play it but in last several days he was in double mind because some points he may need for end of year number 1, but since I last posted Nole decided not to play there. He will next play in Shanghai.

Reactions: herios

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
At first, he didn't want to play it but in last several days he was in double mind because some points he may need for end of year number 1, but since I last posted Nole decided not to play there. He will next play in Shanghai.

Good decision .

Chris Koziarz

Masters Champion
Reactions
Excellent decision by Nole :clap:
I would not be too excited about it. Given $100M in his bank from past results and his current age/health/ranking situation, the decision is an obvious no brainer. It's like calculating that 2+2 must equal 4. And he's not the first who made such decision. Fed has shown him similar decisions, made in the last 4-5 years, including injury sabatical. So Novak must be looking at Fed and really doing what he said at Laver Cup (that Roger made him the player he is today) and understand that he is at the same point Fed was before starting to sanction the playing time.

On the other hand I would call Novak a silly retard, if he contradicted himself and played unnecessary tourneys despite indicating that he understands his & Roger tennis, per what he said at Laver Cup.

Last edited:

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
it's better like that, he has no pts to defend till the end of 2018, Shanghai, Bercy and Masters are well enought

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nole trained with Vajda yesterday in his tennis club in Belgrade, after having a housewarming party in a new apartment he moved in a day earlier.

He is yet to decide about playing in Peking.
I was just filling out brackets for Beijing and Tokyo and it appears to Novak is not playing.

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
I was just filling out brackets for Beijing and Tokyo and it appears to Novak is not playing.

I know Moxie. I said that in message #272 and then 4 people commented on it.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
There is no need for him to overplay. Back to back two event could result in 10 matches in 2 weeks, and that is too much. Let just play the big events, masters and the final and see where the chips may fall.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I know Moxie. I said that in message #272 and then 4 people commented on it.
I'm sorry, I really did think I was replying to most recent. I guess I didn't refresh before posting.

Last edited: