Djokovic Fans thread

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Burning out was certainly the reason why No1e didn't try harder in last 6 months.

Don't you think that in past Rafa was coming strong after long breaks, surprisingly winning all those titles after them? No1e always looked rusty even after relatively short breaks.

I have to disagree with both parts of your statement. In terms of Rafa, you're thinking about his comeback in 2013, after 7 months off. He did win a lot, though I don't think it's "surprising," especially. He needed the break to rehab the knee, and took it. Came back in the clay season, which definitely helped, and was still only 26-27. After his injury break in 2009, he didn't win another title until MC 2010, which was 11 months from the previous one, so it wasn't like he didn't take time to get his rhythm back then, and since the injury breaks in 2014, he really hasn't had great success. Novak, the other hand, has done fine with short breaks, up until this past season. I'm sure he won at least 2 of his 3 Wimbledon's without a tune-up. He's generally done well to very well playing himself into a tournament.

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
I agree with both of you. Rafa was younger in 2013 so that's probably why the break didn't stop him for a long time back then.

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Thanks for the videos, here is another one. Nole is so active these days.

I think it was mean to say the least to ask Nole to read this for the year in which he made the biggest achievement in history of tennis:

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nole has a schedule for first 3 months of the year. He will play next week in Doha, then AO and after 40 days break he will play only in Indian Wells and Miami before the clay season.

So there is no Dubai any more and unfortunately he will not play Davis Cup against Russia.
maybe should he ask a WC for Dubai after this epic fail ? he needs to take some points to avoid to slip

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
It's clear now after the past seven months that Djokovic needs to do some serious evaluation and correct whatever is going wrong. A new (additional) coach is not a bad idea at all. He still has a couple of months before RG.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nole played at a decent level yesterday, hope Andre helped him to stay focused and quiet whatever happens

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Novak has said in his last interview: " I didn't want to listen my body and I've paid bad for it"