Djokovic Fans thread

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Vajda just said in an interview that he asked Novak not to have Imaz around, but I really see that as a part of general idea to make Novak to be absolutely focused on tennis. i don't understand why Agassi didn't succeed in that.

Also fitness coach made Nole started eating fish again which people view as a reason why Novak has improved strength in last couple of tournaments he played as opposed to purely vegan food he had for some time prior to his new old team resuming their duties.
Based on what I read, Vajda was basically saying that Imaz was focusing on philosophy, not practice, and he wanted to changed that. Imaz was around when Agassi was. If that was a basic problem, then Agassi didn't have a chance. And I thought that was the way their split went down...to 'agreeing to disagree' about approach. I can also see the point of Novak adding fish back into his diet.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Agassi said Novak wouldn't embrace his advice and mentioned diet.

“I think his learning curves could be quicker but they have to be his,” Agassi said. “He’s just that kind of guy – he needs ownership over his own process. So if he’s not having the energy or the strength, that’s something he’ll figure out on his own. I’ve always believed in strength training, I’ve always believed in eating a healthy range and a quantity of protein. But for years, he did it his own way.

[parsehtml]

<a class="embedly-card" href="https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/jul/03/andre-agassi-novak-djokovic-listen-advice-elbow-injury">Andre Agassi: 'Novak Djokovic wouldn't listen to my advice'</a>

[/parsehtml]

Reactions: Moxie

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Djokovic's wife's Grandfather kidnapped in ransom demand.

The kidnappers have sent Novak a message demanding 2 million Euros.

[parsehtml]

<a class="embedly-card" href="https://www.tennisworldusa.org/tennis/news/Novak_Djokovic/58201/grandfather-of-djokovic-s-wife-gets-kidnapped-attackers-ask-for-ransom/">Grandfather of Djokovic's wife gets kidnapped, attackers ask for ransom</a>

[/parsehtml]

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Djokovic's wife's Grandfather kidnapped in ransom demand.

The kidnappers have sent Novak a message demanding 2 million Euros.
Pretty shocking! Seems that the grandfather was found tied to a pole in a field and is ok. They robbed him of 220 euros and a phone. He's 85 and this has to be traumatizing, but he's basically ok.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Agassi said Novak wouldn't embrace his advice and mentioned diet.

“I think his learning curves could be quicker but they have to be his,” Agassi said. “He’s just that kind of guy – he needs ownership over his own process. So if he’s not having the energy or the strength, that’s something he’ll figure out on his own. I’ve always believed in strength training, I’ve always believed in eating a healthy range and a quantity of protein. But for years, he did it his own way.
Very interesting read. One suspects they weren't really a personality fit, reading between the lines, and not just in this article, but I also wonder if it was just the timing of when they tried to work together. Someone posted an article that Vajda has insisted that Pepe Imaz get the boot and that Novak introduce some fish into his diet. You do have to wonder if Agassi's input might work better now, under the conditions that he was pushing for. In any case, it lends credence to @Mastoor's assertion that Djokovic should have had the elbow surgery much earlier than he did.

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I always felt Agassi was a weird dude, things worked out for him with his training regimen; but he always seemed skewed to put it mildly even for a tennis champ; I dunno, it’s hard to translate his formula to someone else, much less Novak.

Reactions: Fiero425

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
It was only unfortunate that Agassi couldn't be with Novak full time and that Nole was injured at the time and also distressed because of the injury. Those are the main reasons why their cooperation didn't work.

Reactions: Fiero425

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Are there more Nole fans coming here these days besides herios and Denis? Anyway I hope you are all happy and celebrate this Nole's achievement.

I think that next milestone for Novak is to win one more of each Roland Garros and Cincinnati. That way he will have exactly all the big titles won at least twice.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
congrats Nole, he has a good chance to win USO

Mile

Masters Champion
Reactions
I really didnt know Golden Master was unachieved till yesterday. Even new word came out, not by Mary Carillo, Golden Master.

What else to say, The Big Three in old days. Expecting book with this topic. I know quote, history repeats itself, but for this phenomena i doubt it will. Now if USO goes to thoose 3 gays, i would laugh. Bring back A-Rod, Soderling, Safin, this is 30+ club.

Poors kids, who choose worst time to be tennis "pros". Seems better to eat sushi in Hirosima on 6th August 1945.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
He still has to win Olympic gold as well. This has eluded him as well as well as the Calendar Slam. Olympic gold is probably more achievable at this point. I think he has a good 3-4 more slams in him. It depends on when the younger generation finally breaks through and starts winning.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I really didnt know Golden Master was unachieved till yesterday. Even new word came out, not by Mary Carillo, Golden Master.

What else to say, The Big Three in old days. Expecting book with this topic. I know quote, history repeats itself, but for this phenomena i doubt it will. Now if USO goes to thoose 3 gays, i would laugh. Bring back A-Rod, Soderling, Safin, this is 30+ club.

Poors kids, who choose worst time to be tennis "pros". Seems better to eat sushi in Hirosima on 6th August 1945.

May be only Rafa is, not the other two. :D

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
And you would be privy to all 3 players’ private lives?
:lulz2:Rafa's butchness shrivels the Feddies a bit, so they like to use the sports forum standard insult...as if it were one. B-)

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Actually, I always thought Rafa swings both ways (remember those paparazzi shots of Rafa taking Ana Ivanovic to his mansion) , while I've heard all sots of rumours about Fed and I am not convinced they were just rumours.

Anyway, on my computer, I have a fun picture of two of them at a hairdresser's but I don't know how to upload it.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Actually, I always thought Rafa swings both ways (remember those paparazzi shots of Rafa taking Ana Ivanovic to his mansion) , while I've heard all sots of rumours about Fed and I am not convinced they were just rumours.

Anyway, on my computer, I have a fun picture of two of them at a hairdresser's but I don't know how to upload it.
Christ, you people....

Reactions: Mastoor

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
oj4e2f.jpg

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This man in the ugly green shirt is clearly not a hairdresser. Looks more like Roger is having his adenoids attended to. Perhaps he's a snorer.

Chris Koziarz

Masters Champion
Reactions

Ha, ha, I'd be OK with it even if it was true. But I know it's not.
Anyway, what's your point in putting these more than "just rumours" here rather than on Fedal war thread?