Cincinnati Masters 2019, Ohio, US, ATP Masters 1000

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
The serve is the single most important part of anyone's game without it you are constantly on the back foot so to speak
His game this year has gone AWOL,another part he needs to address is his mental attitude.I am not a fan.

I'd give him a bit of a break if he were as good as Stefan Edberg who obviously was taking more chances by going into the net! AZ's just starting the point and I've already given up on him! If he can't have enough respect for himself and the game to listen to Lendl, he's not worth my time! He's more troubled than I thought! :whistle: :nono: :facepalm: :banghead: :cuckoo: :negative: :rolleyes: :ptennis:

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Nole's draw is turning out to be the toughest I've seen in a while; even with upsets! He's on pace to deal with people who have defeated him; Khachanov last Oct. in Paris, Federer looming in the semis due to Nadal's gamesmanship of WD'ing, or Medvedev! :whistle: :nono: :facepalm: :eek:

Last edited:

AnonymousFan

Major Winner
Reactions
Just saw the scores recap...

a third recent Stefano Tsitsipas early exit, ouch

Wimby Rogers Cup Cincy

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nole's draw is turning out to be the toughest I've seen in a while; even with upsets! He's on pace to deal with people who have defeated him; Khachanov last Oct. in Paris, Federer looming in the semis due to Nadal's gamesmanship of WD'ing, or Medvedev!
Even for you, this is completely unfair. It is NOT gaming to withdraw. It's a scheduling decision. Players like Fed and Nadal and probably now Novak have, first of all, the right to skip more tournaments than others, due to years on tour and matches played. Rafa secured the #2 seed for USO, and doesn't have much to gain by playing Cincy, but much to lose, i.e. risk of injury. In the past, Nadal caught crap for over-playing. Now you're complaining when he's scheduling smartly. IW/MIA is a tight two MS1000s, and so are Canada/Cincy. Withdraws by winners of the first are not uncommon, even though the draw for the 2nd is made before the first is finished. This is literally the first time I've ever heard of someone calling gamesmanship for this kind of withdrawal. I'm not even sure what you think he was "gaming."

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

Wimby Rogers Cup Cincy

Yep, another majorly disappointing Next Gen guy this year. Not as much a step back as Zverev but still. So FAA and Medvedev are the only next gen guys making semi-notable steps forward this year. I know Herios will reply with guys cracking top 50 and all so I will save the trouble :D

Reactions: Fiero425

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Wimby Rogers Cup Cincy
Very disappointed about Tsitsipas since the clay season. Shapo also in a big stall, though less surprising. Have no idea even what to say about Zverev. He seems to be modeling his career on Dimitrov's.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yep, another majorly disappointing Next Gen guy this year. Not as much a step back as Zverev but still. So FAA and Medvedev are the only next gen guys making semi-notable steps forward this year. I know Herios will reply with guys cracking top 50 and all so I will save the trouble :D
Well, Khachanov.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
He's done nothing this year, basically same as last year if not regressed.
Somehow I thought you were going to say this, because you're not an "incremental progress" man, but then how do you put FAA in there? Medvedev has 4 titles, Khachanov 4 titles, both now in the top 10. FAA no titles, new career high 18 but lost in Cincy. Sure, he's younger, but why dismiss KK, of this trio?

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Somehow I thought you were going to say this, because you're not an "incremental progress" man, but then how do you put FAA in there? Medvedev has 4 titles, Khachanov 4 titles, both now in the top 10. FAA no titles, new career high 18 but lost in Cincy. Sure, he's younger, but why dismiss KK, of this trio?

Winning a bunch of Mickey Mouse tourneys doesn't matter. KK also won Paris last year and went deep at 1 or 2 other MS events. He's been inconsistent this year. I mention FAA because he has obviously taken a big step up, not relevant yet but maybe will be soon.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Winning a bunch of Mickey Mouse tourneys doesn't matter. KK also won Paris last year and went deep at 1 or 2 other MS events. He's been inconsistent this year. I mention FAA because he has obviously taken a big step up, not relevant yet but maybe will be soon.
And Medvedev has won only Sofia this year, btw. I see where you're coming from, but, IMO, you're rather splitting hairs. KK didn't win that SF v. Medvedev last week, but had he, you'd be seeing both completely differently...based on one match. There're both 23, and, if I'm not wrong, you think KK has more upside. He's made enough progress to be into the Top 10, and that puts him into position to continue progress. It's not like he's really made negative progress. I know you're a harsh judge, though.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
christ on a bike..stefanos and zed lose early doors again. yikes.

at least 'hitler chic' de minaur won. zed at least lost to an "on the come up" bloke.

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yikes...except that Tiafoe gets broken early.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Frances needs to learn patience, and to measure his shots. He has spin, so why can he keep the ball in the lines better, then go in for the kill when it's the right time?

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Frances needs to learn patience, and to measure his shots. He has spin, so why can he keep the ball in the lines better, then go in for the kill when it's the right time?
Tiafoe is toasted now.