Cincinnati Masters 2019, Ohio, US, ATP Masters 1000

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Struff completely overpowered the greek, almost taking the racket out of Stefanos hand couple of times. I watched from the mid 2nd set. Tsitsipas came back nicely to win in TB. He fights hard, but it wasn't enough today against the fired up opponent. He is trading downwards after RG and trying to find his clay form again I guess.
I was wondering how Struff is not ranked higher with that serve FH combo.

Reactions: don_fabio

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
I was wondering how Struff is not ranked higher with that serve FH combo.

It's a mystery alright. Definitely a late bloomer. Was shocked to hear he never won a match at Wimbledon before this year. He plays Medvedev next. Happy to see Daniil escaping the common letdown after a good prior tournament.

Reactions: Bonaca and Moxie

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
Not that I care but I think Federer could win this event, and hope N.kyrios plays well, he's good to watch.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Looking at the bottom half draw right now, wow...

Diego Schwartzman has the biggest opportunity right now in terms seeding at the US Open. Currently, he will be seeded 19th at the US Open (Delpo not playing). If he reaches the semifinals, he will be seeded 16th at the US Open.

Also, Medvedev has good chance to reach a career high of number 7 ranking if he reaches the semifinals.

Finally, if RBA reaches in the quarterfinals, he will enter the Top 10 rankings for the first time of his career at age 31!

Reactions: Moxie

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Looking at the bottom half draw right now, wow...

Diego Schwartzman has the biggest opportunity right now in terms seeding at the US Open. Currently, he will be seeded 19th at the US Open (Delpo not playing). If he reaches the semifinals, he will be seeded 16th at the US Open.

Also, Medvedev has good chance to reach a career high of number 7 ranking if he reaches the semifinals.

Finally, if RBA reaches in the quarterfinals, he will enter the Top 10 rankings for the first time of his career at age 31!

Excuse me while I barf. Can't stand that guy. Even his face just annoys me.

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
I agree with front242 about RBA which is rare, but he is really good these days.

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
A.zverev the most out of form top player of the year, loses again against lower ranked player.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I like this boy Kecmanovic. Watched a last few games. He is playing some gutsy tennis and is paying off. Zverev with a generous 20 double faults.

Reactions: Moxie and Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I like this boy Kecmanovic. Watched a last few games. He is playing some gutsy tennis and is paying off. Zverev with a generous 20 double faults.

That was one of the worst serving I have witnessed for sometime,junior players can serve better than he did.

Reactions: don_fabio

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
That was one of the worst serving I have witnessed for sometime,junior players can serve better than he did.

I just can't relate because my game revolved around serving well! It's how a point is started & if a player's nerves are that jangled they can't bend in 2nd serves when it counts, they really need to find a new vocation! This is like a 2nd Baseman who can't toss balls to 1st base! :cool:

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Denis ousted by Lucas Pouille.
Tons of UE by him.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I just can't relate because my game revolved around serving well! It's how a point is started & if a player's nerves are that jangled they can't bend in 2nd serves when it counts, they really need to find a new vocation! This is like a 2nd Baseman who can't throw balls to 1st base! :rolleyes:

The serve is the single most important part of anyone's game without it you are constantly on the back foot so to speak
His game this year has gone AWOL,another part he needs to address is his mental attitude.I am not a fan.

Reactions: Fiero425