Cincinnati Masters 2019, Ohio, US, ATP Masters 1000

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Murray lost in straights. Anybody saw him? How is he moving?

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Murray lost in straights. Anybody saw him? How is he moving?

Saw just the opening game of the second set, and one or another point here and there. Wasn't grabbing any body parts so there might a hand injury there.

Actually he looked pretty rusty and missed shots he would never miss even in a bad day two years ago. I would expect more given that he got some doubles match play -- at ATP level the difference between singles and doubles from a timing perspective must be enormous. He seemed to be moving well but Gasquet was basically looping the ball back in play, Murray was doing the same, but missing it anyway. So there was no need to move not even at 70% of what he was capable off (again, all this just out of some few points) .

Probably unfair to pick on him given the time off... which it makes only more fun! :dance2:

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
Somewhat semi serious question: Kyrgios is doing this thing recently where he asks a fan behind him where he should serve at match point. Sometimes it works and he gives the fan a hug and it is all nice and cozy. Is that considered coaching though, or coaching can only come from your actual coach? I mean, if your coach tells you where to serve at any given point, that is coaching, no?

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Saw just the opening game of the second set, and one or another point here and there. Wasn't grabbing any body parts so there might a hand injury there.

Actually he looked pretty rusty and missed shots he would never miss even in a bad day two years ago. I would expect more given that he got some doubles match play -- at ATP level the difference between singles and doubles from a timing perspective must be enormous. He seemed to be moving well but Gasquet was basically looping the ball back in play, Murray was doing the same, but missing it anyway. So there was no need to move not even at 70% of what he was capable off (again, all this just out of some few points) .

Probably unfair to pick on him given the time off... which it makes only more fun! :dance2:
I saw a fair amount of it. In some ways he was moving well, at other times he did bother to chase some stuff down. Gasquet was definitely testing his movement by drop-shotting him. I didn't think he looked so bad, given the rust and the surgeries.

Reactions: don_fabio

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Somewhat semi serious question: Kyrgios is doing this thing recently where he asks a fan behind him where he should serve at match point. Sometimes it works and he gives the fan a hug and it is all nice and cozy. Is that considered coaching though, or coaching can only come from your actual coach? I mean, if your coach tells you where to serve at any given point, that is coaching, no?
Not coaching. I'm waiting for the moment when he doesn't take their advice. It's pandering to the crowd, which is better than him arguing with them. He'd better be careful, though. He's made an awful lot of fun of Djokovic's celebration for being cringe-worthy. And now he's suddenly become an audience whore? Anyway, he's a showman, for sure. I think that bit keeps him interested.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
I saw a fair amount of it. In some ways he was moving well, at other times he did bother to chase some stuff down. Gasquet was definitely testing his movement by drop-shotting him. I didn't think he looked so bad, given the rust and the surgeries.

They were re-running on TV here and I saw more four games of it while having some dinner. Yes, given the rust and the surgeries, no so bad, but that tells a lot, doesn't it? I really expected more given the doubles play. Nothing special from Gasquet either -- only specially bad at some points. Actually, judging from this match, it seems that they slowed down Cincy!!!

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
They were re-running on TV here and I saw more four games of it while having some dinner. Yes, given the rust and the surgeries, no so bad, but that tells a lot, doesn't it? I really expected more given the doubles play. Nothing special from Gasquet either -- only specially bad at some points. Actually, judging from this match, it seems that they slowed down Cincy!!!
Yes, Gasquet was nothing special, either. Surely they slowed down Cincy. Why not? I'm sure that Gulf and Western and all of Ohio is committed to Roger Federer having a terrible tournament. :lulz2:

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
And we have to wait Cincy to see if Novak is going to play a real opponent and also in the USO. At least Nadal played in Wimbledon to several real opponents while Novak only to Federer who played better than the Serbian but this one got too much lucky
The Spanish MALE cow played one Real oponent in Wimbledon AND lost. Novak played also one, AND won. Where is your POINT?

Reactions: Fiero425

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
The Spanish MALE cow played one Real oponent in Wimbledon AND lost. Novak played also one, AND won. Where is your POINT?
I know Nicky can be either Dr. Nick or Mr. Wacky but he is always considered to be a dangerous hombre..maybe your definition of a real opponent should have added a few more

Reactions: Fiero425 and Bonaca

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Looks like Fabio withdrew and Shapovalov will play J. Sousa instead. Not a surprise after that match with Nadal last week.

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Novak won by playing worse than Roger, that's some strange crap. Now if anyone says Nick isn't a real opponent, he is an idiot. Watch the match before you come back with bs.

Reactions: Carol

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Looks like Fabio withdrew and Shapovalov will play J. Sousa instead. Not a surprise after that match with Nadal last week.
Fog is saying for more than one year that he needs a surgery but he continued playing , if he really need it then he should do it instead to play and to talk and that´s what Rafa told him after the match "do it"

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
My point is the Serbian MALE frog played worse than his opponent and with a lot of good luck he won

Last edited:

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
yes the Fog should undergo a surgery instead of continuing like that, it's useless and can damage his body more

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Novak won by playing worse than Roger, that's some strange crap. Now if anyone says Nick isn't a real opponent, he is an idiot. Watch the match before you come back with bs.
He is, when motivated, one of the best of the rest off clay. Not more. Real opponent for a player like Bull is only Roger or Novak on a grand slam stage, and he lost clearly.
And I repeat the Greek isn’t a real opponent for Bull !
I watched the match you idiot.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
My point is the Serbian MALE frog played worse than his opponent and with a lot of good luck he won
Haha yes like last year Wimbledon SF against your cow! It’s always luck when the cow loses or injury.