Cincinnati Masters 2019, Ohio, US, ATP Masters 1000

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
This is what Fiero25 has been asking for. He wants the youngsters to step up.

Haha, cruel. Not at the expense of Novak though :D Had a feeling he'd win it before it started. Novak seems a bit on edge playing him.

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Epic win by class act Medvedev over Djokovic :yahoo::clap::dance1::dance2::dance3::cheerleader::pompoms:

It makes Nadal’s triumph last week when he demolished Medvedev even the more impressive and sweet. B-) :clap::yesyes: :dance2:

Nadal still leads the m1000 record by 2. :good::yes: :dance3::pompoms:

Medvedev is the real thing! He will be winning slams in the future! Bravo! :clap:
I don’t think Nadal would’ve beaten Medvedev on this surface, so you can not compare the two matches.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I don’t think Nadal would’ve beaten Medvedev on this surface, so you can not compare the two matches.

:cuckoo:

Medvedev was “in the zone” in Montreal before meeting Rafa. Rafa has way more variety than someone mechanical like Djokovic.

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Haha, cruel. Not at the expense of Novak though :D Had a feeling he'd win it before it started. Novak seems a bit on edge playing him.
He likes the next generation when they play vs Fed, but I have no doubt he liked this one. Medvedev has the guts.:D

Reactions: Front242

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
:cuckoo:

Medvedev was “in the zone” in Montreal before meeting Rafa. Rafa has way more variety than someone mechanical like Djokovic.
I am sorry to remind you that Djokovic has way more game than Nadal.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Seems like everyone is out of a summer's evening. Who watched? Was it Novak's elbow, or Medvedev's game that sealed the deal?

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Given how comprehensively Nadal beat Daniil in Montreal, and given that they are both HC surfaces, I think you'd have to work hard to defend the notion that Rafa wouldn't have won here. You might say it could have been a closer match, but I think you should be cautious about claiming matches that didn't happen, especially given the recent result. It's not like the last win was on clay.

Reactions: Nadalfan2013

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Seems like everyone is out of a summer's evening. Who watched? Was it Novak's elbow, or Medvedev's game that sealed the deal?

Medvedev just raised his game and started hitting very big and Novak became helpless.

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Given how comprehensively Nadal beat Daniil in Montreal, and given that they are both HC surfaces, I think you'd have to work hard to defend the notion that Rafa wouldn't have won here. You might say it could have been a closer match, but I think you should be cautious about claiming matches that didn't happen, especially given the recent result. It's not like the last win was on clay.
I agree with you. But this is a fast surface.

Reactions: Fiero425

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I agree with you. But this is a fast surface.
Everyone knows that Cincy is faster than Montreal or Toronto. But it's not the difference between carpet and clay, for example. Medvedev won 3 games in that final. He'd never played Nadal before, and I think that's always a bad surprise for most players. The score might have been closer, had they played here, but to be confident that the match would have gone to Medvedev is not something you can be sure of, or almost likely he'd have lost.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Medvedev just raised his game and started hitting very big and Novak became helpless.
OK, let's face it...you're not the most reliable narrator. No issues with the Djokovic elbow?

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
OK, let's face it...you're not the most reliable narrator. No issues with the Djokovic elbow?

Zero issue... in fact Medvedev is the one who called the trainer at one point... Medvedev just played brilliantly at the end and outplayed Novak... Believe me if Djokovic was having a problem with his elbow and therefore doubtful for the USO I would have no problem mentionning it... He didn't have an elbow problem he had a Medvedev problem... :good:

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
So, hmmm...Goffin v. Medvedev, btw. A little bit David v. Goliath, in terms of size, and yet not so different in terms of game? I mean, Medvedev isn't the most offensive guy. I like both well enough. Goffin is capable of taking the ball early, when he's brave. That's his only chance. He has to do a Davydenko on DM.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Good for Daniil, not too sad that Novak lost. I am ok as long as he will be in good health comes USO

Reactions: Fiero425

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Hi Moxie, I had front row box seats sitting right behind Novak..the court was playing lightning fast.. Medvedev serve was at its highest level of execution and his defense was superb ..Novak didn't ask for a trainer or medical attention..I truly doubt Rafa defense would have been able to be better than Novak's.
IMG_20190817_194938.jpg

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Is that you the one looking unimpressed in the necklace, or the enthusiastic one? Thanks for the update and view from the front. Glad if you had fun. LOL!

Last edited: