Cincinnati Masters 2019, Ohio, US, ATP Masters 1000

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Medvedev into the SF.
No let down for him, after last week. I only saw a couple of points, but commentators said that Rublev ditched the racquets he used to beat Roger and pulled out a tester racquet, late in the 2nd.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Helluva point there from Pouille, and then the hold. Let's see how long this Pouille holds up.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Pouille is playing about as well as can be expected, or better, but I doubt it will be enough even to get him a 3rd set.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I have not paid too much attention to Pouille so far but he has got a solid game. It is like he does everything pretty darn well, maybe not great, but well.
He already dipped his toes into the top 10, nobody gets there who is not really good.

Reactions: Fiero425

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
If Pouille can't find this break back when it's being gifted to him, I'm moving on to Netflix. LOL.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I watched the first set here at Linder Stadium in Mason Ohio.. Pouille was foolish not to try to break Novak's serve before the tiebreaker..he played some mindless tennis with the expectation if it went to a TBr he may have hope..silly rabbit..we left the park afterwards

Reactions: Fiero425

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Novak could likely withdraw from SF. Elbow can change everything.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Novak could likely withdraw from SF. Elbow can change everything.
Yes he said there was so pain there in his elbow during his match vs Pouille.. totally destroys that tournament weekend if he pulls out

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Yes he said there was so pain there in his elbow during his match vs Pouille.. totally destroys that tournament weekend if he pulls out
What makes it more serious is that the elbow is still hurting after the match. Sounds like fucking tennis elbow , this is tricky to treat.
This sounds very bad with the Open coming soon. Damn , I knew it couldn’t last forever. 2 out of 4 is very good but 3/4 would be huge.
This kind of injury could mean end of this season.

The_Grand_Slam

Masters Champion
Reactions
What makes it more serious is that the elbow is still hurting after the match. Sounds like fucking tennis elbow , this is tricky to treat.
This sounds very bad with the Open coming soon. Damn , I knew it couldn’t last forever. 2 out of 4 is very good but 3/4 would be huge.
This kind of injury could mean end of this season.

When did this injury occur?

He won the last set 6-1?

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
When did this injury occur?

He won the last set 6-1?
He called the trainer after 3:1 in the second. Was shaking the arm before that and confirmed after the match it’s still hurting. Sounds like the problem he had before surgery. Fucking shit that would be. Excuse my language.

Reactions: The_Grand_Slam

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
aeems as if lp put up a good fight for an hour or so then fell away like a slope of scree.

elbow aggro again for djoko ?. yikes. if so he really should pull out of sf. medvedev likely would be a tough match. (2hrs or more)

and having a 'big 3 free' final would be a refreshing change, after hardly any in 15 years.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
aeems as if lp put up a good fight for an hour or so then fell away like a slope of scree.

elbow aggro again for djoko ?. yikes. if so he really should pull out of sf. medvedev likely would be a tough match. (2hrs or more)

and having a 'big 3 free' final would be a refreshing change, after hardly any in 15 years.
If he still feels the elbow he would be stupid to play. Nevertheless it’s a very bad sign in front of a slam: 7 matches best of 3. If it’s really the same problem as pre-surgery, he’s done, no matter if he plays tonight or not.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The elbow thing is an early excuse because he knows how hot Medvedev is at the moment... :facepalm: He was starting to feel the pressure when he saw that he was going to beat Pouille… :negative:

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
The elbow thing is an early excuse because he knows how hot Medvedev is at the moment... :facepalm: He was starting to feel the pressure when he saw that he was going to beat Pouille… :negative:
Very smart analysis, that’s the only possible conclusion.
Bull beat Daniil and you think a healthy in- form Novak couldn’t? Really?

Reactions: DarthFed

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
yeah marty mcfly in a masters final..:cheerleader: not a young gun at 28 but his masters level final debut (?).

deserves it too after some strange injuries like slipping on court covers at rg, whacking himself in eye with deflection off own frame etc..:sick:

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Let's hope either Goffin or Medvedev win their 1st Masters 1000 title... :ptennis: