Cincinnati Masters 2019, Ohio, US, ATP Masters 1000

AnonymousFan

Major Winner
Reactions
Whoa! That’s the biggest fine I’ve ever heard of.

ECBu9JjXsAE7RG_

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
As far as I am concerned Nick needs to cop another suspension,fines do not stop his disgusting behavior,spitting at an umpire? and calling him a F....Tool....and some people think he is good for tennis?.

Reactions: Moxie and Bonaca

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
As far as I am concerned Nick needs to cop another suspension,fines do not stop his disgusting behavior,spitting at an umpire? and calling him a F....Tool....and some people think he is good for tennis?.

I didn't watch last night but it sounds like Fergy didn't do anything to deserve it. Being rude to opponents and chair umps doesn't bother me if there is a decent reason for it. The chair ump during Kyrgios-Nadal match at Wimbledon deserved the verbal abuse and then some.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I didn't watch last night but it sounds like Fergy didn't do anything to deserve it. Being rude to opponents and chair umps doesn't bother me if there is a decent reason for it. The chair ump during Kyrgios-Nadal match at Wimbledon deserved the verbal abuse and then some.

Nick at times thinks he is beyond the rules of tennis,to spit at a umpire,to me that is low and disrespectful,yes Umpires at times have made bad calls,as do lines people,they are human after all.Nick went too far yesterday and deserves the penalties coming to him.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Fergus Murphy is a tool alright so Kyrgios was right there. Could have been maybe a bit more politically correct but the bottom line is that he's right. It's not only Fergus Murphy but many umpires are scared to enforce the rules against the very top players and guys like Nick get unfair treatment such as the shot clock being started early and time violations are rarely ever dished out to the game's biggest abusers of time wasting as we all know.

They should fire all the gutless umpires and hire new ones who enforce the actual rules (imagine having the nerve to enforce the rules. Shock horror) and then Nick wouldn't be in the spotlight unfairly all the time. The way it is now though, the top players are unfairly treated and allowed to do whatever the hell they want with no repercussions.
I'm curious if you watched this match, because I know it would have been at an awful early a.m. hour for you. Murphy did nothing to Nick. If anything, he was incredibly tolerant. He even stopped the serve clock at one point in the 3rd to let Nick vent. As several of us have said, this is outrageous behavior and clear gamesmanship. Completely disruptive to the other player. And yet all you can do is slag the umpire, because you agree with Kyrgios that some players don't get called for delay of game often enough. Boy, you have some weirdly conflicting standards.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com

How soon we forget the 2 instances of Serena losing her mind! She's fined, given probation, & suspended from play the USO 1 year! :whistle:

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Medvedev dispatched Struff like a futures player leaving him with only 3 games. This guy is peaking at the right time. Now Rublev with an early break, time to watch that.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
How soon we forget the 2 instances of Serena losing her mind! She's fined, given probation, & suspended from play the USO 1 year! :whistle:

Yes I do remember that incident..........lets stick to the present okay.If you think Nick's overall behavior in the match just warrants heavy fines,so be it.I personally do not.He went too far in his match yesterday.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
What kind of scrub comes out and gets broke twice by lowly Rublev?

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Rublev makes the most annoying sound I can remember, when he hits the ball.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rublev makes the most annoying sound I can remember, when he hits the ball.

Yeah this is very loud, short but loud. Definitely distracting me during watching.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rublev barely missed a ball with his zebra racket. His 2nd serve is crappy though.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Rublev's blowing Roger "off the court!" Fed looks slow, unsure of himself, & is being run to death! Maybe it's about time to let it go! :whistle: :cool:

Can't retire just yet with his whole career on the line

Reactions: Fiero425