Breaking - Rafa injured, out of Rogers Cup, Cincy, USO

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
RE: Breaking - Rafa injured, out of Rogers Cup, Cincy

Billie said:
Gee, sorry everybody I just realized that my previous post is off topic completely....lacatch...if you ever wonder something about Nole, PM me, if I know anything I will let you know:D

Aw, don't worry…we're all over the place these days. I found that Serbian link you posted useful. I'll find it again and repost it on the proper thread.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

GameSetAndMath said:
Nadal practicing with splint. Might play USO.

Here is a photo of Rafa practicing with the splint on. I listened to the interview with Dr. Ruiz Cotorro. The above article seems to have it all correct. I just add for the photo.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions

Bought one of those myself in Boots around 2 years ago when I stupidly hurt my left wrist doing too many reps with forearm curls. It's not exactly a state of the art splint for a guy with his money!

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Front242 said:
Bought one of those myself in Boots around 2 years ago when I stupidly hurt my left wrist doing too many reps with forearm curls. It's not exactly a state of the art splint for a guy with his money!

You think it's really the one you bought in Boots? I don't think it's merely a bog-standard splint.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions

Sure looks like that to me anyway having worn one exactly like it at work and while asleep.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions

Btw seems Toni Nadal has gone to the dark side as those roids have clearly stunted his growth.

1407151330_extras_noticia_foton_7_1.jpg

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions

Recent video of Nadal practicing wearing the wrist support.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xgMvTw_yl2w[/video]

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Front242 said:
Btw seems Toni Nadal has gone to the dark side as those roids have clearly stunted his growth.

1407151330_extras_noticia_foton_7_1.jpg

:lolz: I know…weirdly poorly formatted photo. What's going on with those people at Marca? Pay for Photoshop and learn how to use it!

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Front242 said:
Sure looks like that to me anyway having worn one exactly like it at work and while asleep.

There seem to be two versions. Look at the photo in this article and see if it's the same one.

And this seems to be another version:

2gsidtw.jpg

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions

Now, if Rafa is already out there practicing, my conclusion is, he is not missing practice, but he is not playing!
He is missing match play.
I don't know if that's good or bad!

Lets see what's going to happen in New York, qualifying starts in 2 weeks, main draw in 3 weeks.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions

Moxie629 said:
Front242 said:

There seem to be two versions. Look at the photo in this article and see if it's the same one.

2gsidtw.jpg

That's the one I was looking for. Remembered seeing that a few days ago but couldn't find it.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions

^ Looks like he's getting ready for a kick boxing fight.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Kiu said:
Now, if Rafa is already out there practicing, my conclusion is, he is not missing practice, but he is not playing!
Lets see what's going to happen in New York, qualifying starts in 2 weeks, main draw in 3 weeks.

It seems he's practicing what he can without stressing the wrist. This is what Del Potro been has doing, though obviously Juan's situation was more complicated, and his recovery slower. He's missing match-play, indeed, and in the past he has hated that. But I've never agreed that he needs as much of it as he wants. Hopefully, he can believe enough in his game, at this point, and play himself into the tournament, if that happens. He does say, in Spanish, that he's practicing with "desire and optimism," so he seems to be taking the stall with a good attitude.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Front242 said:
That's the one I was looking for. Remembered seeing that a few days ago but couldn't find it.

Not a plaster cast, like Del Potro had, but there seem to be two different versions.

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions

Moxie629 said:
Kiu said:

It seems he's practicing what he can without stressing the wrist. This is what Del Potro been has doing, though obviously Juan's situation was more complicated, and his recovery slower. He's missing match-play, indeed, and in the past he has hated that. But I've never agreed that he needs as much of it as he wants. Hopefully, he can believe enough in his game, at this point, and play himself into the tournament, if that happens. He does say, in Spanish, that he's practicing with "desire and optimism," so he seems to be taking the stall with a good attitude.

Being Rafa, I agree he doesn't really need match play, he may actually be in a better position since he is resting more than all the other guys who are playing at least 2 events before Open.

He will miss that extra $Million not playing the series, that's for sure.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Kiu said:
Moxie629 said:
Kiu said:

Being Rafa, I agree he doesn't really need match play, he may actually be in a better position since he is resting more than all the other guys who are playing at least 2 events before Open.

He will miss that extra $Million not playing the series, that's for sure.

There's tough competition the next 2 weeks for the top guys, for sure, but they've also had a long break prior. I don't if freshness would help, especially.

And, while Rafa won't get the extra $1Mil bonus this year, I doubt he'll "miss" it. ;)

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

Moxie629 said:
Front242 said:

2gsidtw.jpg

Is Rafa breast-feeding a child?

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions

^ :D

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

El Dude said:
Is Rafa breast-feeding a child?

Doubtful, though, if tennis doesn't work out for him, he might consider a career as an international assassin.