Breaking - Rafa injured, out of Rogers Cup, Cincy, USO

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
RE: Breaking - Rafa injured, out of Rogers Cup, Cincy

Kieran said:
If he chooses not to play, he's injured, right?

You've been answered in the thread about why he didn't continue with that serve. I'm not going over all that sh1te again, I already had a bath today...

No, wrong. He wasn't injured at the AO '13. He had a virus but it was well over before the tournament started. His excuse then was lack of match play so that would be the excuse here if he's physically ok but still doesn't play and my point is he has ample time to play into form against nobodies in best of 5.

Choose to believe the shoulder nonsense about the serve if you must because he could try a different grip than that one from 2010 and serve quicker too no doubt or maybe it wasn't the grip at all. I don't usually roll in $h1t myself but whatever you're into. Must be a Rafa fan thang.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions

Front242 said:
Kieran said:
If he chooses not to play, he's injured, right?

You've been answered in the thread about why he didn't continue with that serve. I'm not going over all that sh1te again, I already had a bath today...

No, wrong. He wasn't injured at the AO '13. He had a virus but it was well over before the tournament started. His excuse then was lack of match play so that would be the excuse here if he's physically ok but still doesn't play and my point is he has ample time to play into form against nobodies in best of 5.

Choose to believe the shoulder nonsense about the serve if you must because he could try a different grip than that one from 2010 and serve quicker too no doubt or maybe it wasn't the grip at all. I don't usually roll in $h1t myself but whatever you're into. Must be a Rafa fan thang.

You know.. the old days of this board, HU, BS, Kieran and others would have ran you away by now. Kirean must likes you because he is treating you with " kid gloves" these past few months. Enough of this silly talk about the young man using etc.. You can be a good poster at times, move on dude because Rafa isnt playing the USO and who knows whenever he will return.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions

You can actually blame Kieran for starting all that. He posted a stupid message about Rafa practicing his serve to be as fast as Roger's, which I pointed out isn't fast in the first place and also remarked that Sabine Lisicki routinely serves faster than both. Therefore, hardly a pop at Rafa is it since I said she serves faster than Roger too? And yet you saw his reaction in the post afterwards. So don't blame me for the hor$e$h1t that entailed from me simply pointing out the obvious: neither Rafa or Roger serve fast.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions

Front242 said:
You can actually blame Kieran for starting all that. He posted a stupid message about Rafa practicing his serve to be as fast as Roger's, which I pointed out isn't fast in the first place and also remarked that Sabine Lisicki routinely serves faster than both. Therefore, hardly a pop at Rafa is it since I said she serves faster than Roger too? And yet you saw his reaction in the post afterwards. So don't blame me for the hor$e$h1t that entailed from me simply pointing out the obvious: neither Rafa or Roger serve fast.

Front, I am not talking about the fact that ladies on the WTA can serve harder than Rafa or Fed.. However.. I have seen Rafa crank some in the 130 in 2010.. its the other stuff you have been saying

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions

the AntiPusher said:
Kieran said:
Watch this and learn something about the sport, rather than the gosspi column BS you're hooked on. Rafa serving at speeds Roger handles routinely is obviously not about drugs, unless there's a load of them at it, including Federer.

Now, I'm not gonna get into seventy pages of your Roger fanboy sewage, I just expect that if Rafa skips the event then you'll have the decency to admit you're wrong.

We should know in the next couple of days, but from what I'm hearing, it's not good.

Anti-pusher, what's your source, buddy?

Kirean, We have the same mutual friend;). Send me a PM to discuss.

Ah, I know who you mean, brother! Gimme a mo... :)

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

rafa might be pulling out of u s open :huh: noooo.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions

JesuslookslikeBorg said:
rafa might be pulling out of u s open :huh: noooo.

Hold on JLB.. My peeps overseas contact may have reacted before they had their morning java.. there is still a hope for Ralphy

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions

Kieran said:
The perils of believing what's writ on the interweb, eh? ;)

Yeah, I am gonna have to really filter the info coming from my peeps:laydownlaughing.. Come Dirt:devil put us out of our misery,, Just Do It and Play

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions

Kieran said:
I heard that too, and an announcement is expected on Thursday or Friday. I'll wait til I hear it proper before I'll be disappointed, but it's a reliable source, I'm told. Not Rafa's PR, but a reliable one, none the less. By the way, without dragging up dead bodies, IF Rafa misses the US Open through injury, I expect the trolls who suggested that he was off in a lab somewhere beefing his serve (to be almost as fast as Roger's serve) to admit that they were wrong... :mad:

A journalist? :huh:

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions

Rafa has said several days ago that he will not play USO if he thinks he is not
"competitive enough".

I take this "competitive enough" to mean that he should think in his mind that
he has some chance of winning matches against game's elites.

I don't think he will play USO if he thinks he has no chance of winning it,
but has a 100% chance of reaching quarterfinals. He does not care for the
puny little points that he can get by reaching QF.

It does makes sense to me, although it is bad for the tourney and the game if
Rafa misses it.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions

OK. Let me try to contribute to the 1% of messages related to the thread topic.
Rafa says he will decide on or before coming saturday as to whether he will play at USO.
He went to the doctor on tuesday, today. I don't know the results of it. After that,
assuming the results are good, he is planning on hitting backhands for three days
on court and then decide on saturday.

Here is the address of PR agent. :cool:

http://sports.ndtv.com/tennis/news/228183-rafael-nadal-to-take-a-call-on-us-open-participation-on-saturday

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions

NADAL2005RG said:
^ Not a good idea to be obsessed with framing athletes for doping, especially when you target a 28-year-old who rarely (or never) has been able to finish the year without looking exhausted (far more exhausted than his rivals usually by year's end), and even in 2011-12 was being physically destroyed - completely exhausted by the start of the 4th set of 2011 USO Final, and lost the 6-hour 2012 AO Final to an opponent who played 5hr SF. Let this be the last time we see posters on this forum desperately trying to frame athletes that work a million times harder (physically) than anyone on this forum. If you really believe it, then attend that player's matches and hold up a sign with the word 'doper' and see where that gets you. Or tell the athlete to his face when he's signing autographs.

Welcome back, NADAL2005RG!

But is it really you, or another of Rafa's PR men? I think we should be told... ;)

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

oh nadalrg2005 is back (on ignore for me) or old johnny-one-note as he should be called. he didn't last too long as "nadal holy spirit" on tt..lol.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

GameSetAndMath said:
OK. Let me try to contribute to the 1% of messages related to the thread topic.
Rafa says he will decide on or before coming saturday as to whether he will play at USO.
He went to the doctor on tuesday, today. I don't know the results of it. After that,
assuming the results are good, he is planning on hitting backhands for three days
on court and then decide on saturday.

Here is the address of PR agent. :cool:

http://sports.ndtv.com/tennis/news/228183-rafael-nadal-to-take-a-call-on-us-open-participation-on-saturday

That's what I've found, too.

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions

Kieran said:
Moxie629 said:
Back to topic: Rafa has had his brace removed after visiting his doctor yesterday, and now he'll rehab it and practice using the right hand. The team will make a decision on Friday or Saturday as to whether or not he'll go to the USOpen.

Thanks sista!

I wonder what'll happen. Obviously, if there's any danger of making the wrist worse, they'll withdraw. On the other hand, will he play even if he feels he just hasn't had enough time (and certainly no matches) with it? I would prefer that he'd play in this circumstance because you'd never know what might happen if he makes week 2.

However, I wish him well, of course. Vamos Rafa!! :clap :clap :clap

I can tell you now if he does not play it will suck for everybody. He is a presence and any big tourney feels different without him.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions

Luxilon Borg said:
Kieran said:
Moxie629 said:
Back to topic: Rafa has had his brace removed after visiting his doctor yesterday, and now he'll rehab it and practice using the right hand. The team will make a decision on Friday or Saturday as to whether or not he'll go to the USOpen.

Thanks sista!

I wonder what'll happen. Obviously, if there's any danger of making the wrist worse, they'll withdraw. On the other hand, will he play even if he feels he just hasn't had enough time (and certainly no matches) with it? I would prefer that he'd play in this circumstance because you'd never know what might happen if he makes week 2.

I can tell you now if he does not play it will suck for everybody. He is a presence and any big tourney feels different without him.

That's the truth. Rafa is a compelling figure. You see the effect he has just by dropping by here. He's definitely missed when he's not around, and his career has been blighted enough by injuries, I'd just wish for him to have a few healthy years before he retires...

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions

Kieran said:
Luxilon Borg said:
Kieran said:
Moxie629 said:

Thanks sista!

That's the truth. Rafa is a compelling figure. You see the effect he has just by dropping by here. He's definitely missed when he's not around, and his career has been blighted enough by injuries, I'd just wish for him to have a few healthy years before he retires...

+1 here.

I am not worried. They don't call him the bull of manticore for nothin'.;)

N

NADAL2005RG

JesuslookslikeBorg said:
Luxilon Borg said:
JesuslookslikeBorg said:
^^staying out of the thread if you don't like the subject matter does not seem that difficult either.

Really? So the original thread about Nadal's wrist injury was about doping?????

Not.

no but clearly front is suspicious of why nadal is often not playing..i can't help what other people think and neither can you, anyway you were moaning about drugs talk in my biological thread too.

In 2009, every man and his dog was saying Nadal would be retired before age 30.
Instead of retiring, Nadal has gone the Serena Williams route and rested when necessary (instead of always playing injured).
And that is why Nadal and Serena are outlasting everyone else.
Nadal is the only man ever to win slams for 10 years in a row (8 years is the next best).
And Serena has continued to win slams while her contemporaries have retired.
Instead of praising both, somehow you 'people' find a way to trash Nadal.
Is it something to do with him being Spanish?
Is it something to do with him owning Federer for life?
Whatever it is, its proving that Nadal owns you.
He's not even playing tennis, and he's consuming the hearts and minds of his haters.
You guys have truly earned the pain Nadal is inflicted on you everyday.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Luxilon Borg said:
Kieran said:
Luxilon Borg said:
Kieran said:
Moxie629 said:

Thanks sista!

+1 here.

I am not worried. They don't call him the bull of Manacor for nothin'.;)

I fixed that for ya, LB. ;)

If there's any danger of further injuring the wrist, he won't play, and no one wants him to. (Everyone who gets a sore wrist must be looking over at JMDP and thinking they don't want that to be them.) If it's just lack of matches, he should play, though. He hasn't been out that long, and, with a favorable draw, he could still go deep, or even win, with some help from Lady Luck. He's better than most all of the field, even rusty. Anyway, it'd be better than losing all 2000 of those points.