ATP Roland Garros / French Open, Paris, France, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Pouille wins 4 games in a row, their match could now go to 5 sets.
3 set points for Lucas

Edit: Converts the first. 5 set it is

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
First time watching Casper ''The friendly ghost'' Ruud.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Federer's C Game will get him through this easily going by what we've seen so far.

Reactions: don_fabio

tenisplayrla08

Major Winner
Reactions
Well. I hate to count Nishikori out. And he'll probably keep fighting. Might be able to find two breaks back. And another break to take the fifth set. But I doubt it. Looks to be all she wrote. Djere just peaking at the right time. Seems to have found the formula he needed to deal with Nishikori. In the two previous sets he won, when he dug in he's been the better player. I hate it. But Nishikori just not good enough today. Or most days these days against top competition. Tough clay season for him this year.

But a couple nice points here to go up love-30 on Djere's serve. But even if he breaks... his serve is just too easy to attack.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I hate following scores when dirt peasant is out there and in form :facepalm:

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I see Roger is letting Nicky's unfriendly ghost stick around this set...

tenisplayrla08

Major Winner
Reactions
Well. An immediate break back and two holds with one hold from Djere means things don't look so dire anymore. Buuuutt... he still needs two more breaks to take the match. One just to stay in it if Djere holds this next game. Time running out. Hope he can find something. Definitely not going away though.

tenisplayrla08

Major Winner
Reactions
Nishi breaks. Close one. Went to deuce. 3 very good returns from Nishikori. 2 that Djere didn't even get into play. 4 shots from Djere going wide on Nishikori's forehand side. But he had some good serves Nishikori couldn't deal with.

Djere had his chances on Nishikori's serve. But Nishikori doing very well to hold there. 3 winners. 2 6+ shot rallies. He won both.

Back on serve. Nishikori can break for the win. 5 games out of the last 6.

It's like I have to give up on someone before they're allowed to do well again.

Reactions: don_fabio

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Casper obviously impressed by Fed in first 2 sets, but he put up a good fight in the 3rd.

tenisplayrla08

Major Winner
Reactions
Good hold from Djere.

Kudos to Fed! Pulled out the tiebreak even though Ruud played very well. Good win for him. Got him moving.

Nishikori with another hold to keep his nose in front. Got lucky on the last point I feel though. Played strong defense off the backhand. Just lucky that Djere kept going there and eventually went for too much rather than going down the line and pulling Nishikori to his forehand.

Nadal having NONE of Goffin today.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Casper obviously impressed by Fed in first 2 sets, but he put up a good fight in the 3rd.
He is a newcomer at this level. For him just getting to the R3 was an accomplishment

tenisplayrla08

Major Winner
Reactions
Nishikori has had a number of shots land right on the baseline. Having to keep it deep to beat Djere. But he's missed quite a few too. Missed a backhand just wide to give Djere 15-all. Djere gave it back with an inside out forehand sailing wide to give Kei 30-all. But a fantastic dtl backhand from the center of the court. Takes the game.

6-6 all.

tenisplayrla08

Major Winner
Reactions
Both guys now really showing how exhausted they are in their body language. Not that anyone can blame them. Djere had one great point in him that game. Pulled a forehand down the line from deep and just outside the doubles alley I think. Played two other good ones but Kei won those two anyways. One more bottom of the net backhand error from Djere. He's probably had 15 or more of those today.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I would think Roger should have an easier time with Mahut so go Nicky!

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Kei finishes off Djere in the end 8-6 in the decider.
Too bad. I wanted Laslo to win.

Reactions: tented
Status
Not open for further replies.