ATP Roland Garros / French Open, Paris, France, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I see McFly won a set. This means, Ralph is still vulnerable. :bat:

While Ralph will straighten the ship this time, there is definitely hope that he may fall to someone else.
And you didn't believe this match was popcorn worthy? I would think you'd be licking your fingers when the Kang dropped a set. :popcorn

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Mayer ended the run for Mahut.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
And you didn't believe this match was popcorn worthy? I would think you'd be licking your fingers when the Kang dropped a set. :popcorn

Actually, I was thinking it will be a straight set win for dirt devil.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Actually, I was thinking it will be a straight set win for dirt devil.
Me too and the way match was going I tought it was just boring, but when I switched it on close to the end of 3rd and watched it until the end of 4th, I felt like the match was actually better then expected, at least that part.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Roger's QF match (against Tits/Man/Baby) will be more significant thatn Ralph's QF against any possible opponent. So, expect Roger's QF to be placed on PC. Therefore, to compensate they will once again place Roger on SL in the 4th round.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I see McFly won a set. This means, Ralph is still vulnerable. :bat:

While Ralph will straighten the ship this time, there is definitely hope that he may fall to someone else.

This was the wrong year for Nadal to get a cupcake draw because he actually might be a bit more vulnerable than normal. But he plays some no name next round and then gets crazy Paire or a totally spent Kinky Kei. So a total cakewalk until the semis.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Stan wins the second TB as well.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
With Stan 2 sets up, they will call the day. It was a cracker so far.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
French Open Results for Round 3 Day 6 - Friday, May 31, 2019
upload_2019-5-31_19-17-19.png

upload_2019-5-31_19-18-1.png

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
Stan vs. Grigor is an interesting match-up because it illustrates the difference between "talent" (what a player can do on court) and "mentality" (how well they handle themselves in a match). Both are similarly talented players, but Stan just has a stronger mentality.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
With Stan 2 sets up, they will call the day. It was a cracker so far.
I watched the opening set and it was the first time I saw Stan in quite a while. He is playing well and showing his mental toughness like before the injury. I want him to go through and set up a clash with the greek.

Then watched Tsitsipas-Krajinovic in 4th set. Serb had 2 setpoints on Tsitsipas serve, but couldn't make it and then lost his serve when serving for the set. I have to admit that Tsitsipas is my favourite new guy on the tour. He is very entertaining to watch and so mentally tough for his age. Brings very positive energy to the court too. I see he likes to fist pump often as he turns his back to the opponent, I like that part too.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Friday's popcorn matches of 3rd round.

1. Baby vs. Man
2. Moutet vs. Londero
3. Samurai vs. Djere

All my popcorn matches lived up to expectations. Matches 2 and 3 went to five sets. Match 1 had two TBs so far and suspended due to darkness.

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
I watched the opening set and it was the first time I saw Stan in quite a while. He is playing well and showing his mental toughness like before the injury. I want him to go through and set up a clash with the greek.

Then watched Tsitsipas-Krajinovic in 4th set. Serb had 2 setpoints on Tsitsipas serve, but couldn't make it and then lost his serve when serving for the set. I have to admit that Tsitsipas is my favourite new guy on the tour. He is very entertaining to watch and so mentally tough for his age. Brings very positive energy to the court too. I see he likes to fist pump often as he turns his back to the opponent, I like that part too.

I think Stefanos's mentality is what sets him apart among the young guys. He is establishing a level of consistency that gives me hope that he'll be a fixture in the top 10, and soon top 5, for years to come. He just doesn't seem as hot-or-cold or volatile as some of his similarly peers (e.g. Zverev, Kyrgios, Rublev, Shapovalov, etc).

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think Stefanos's mentality is what sets him apart among the young guys. He is establishing a level of consistency that gives me hope that he'll be a fixture in the top 10, and soon top 5, for years to come. He just doesn't seem as hot-or-cold or volatile as some of his similarly peers (e.g. Zverev, Kyrgios, Rublev, Shapovalov, etc).

He seems very focused and completely determined to shake the big3. He already beat all of them once, but that recent win against Rafa in Madrid must have been a huge confidence booster for him.

He is definetely spicinig the things up, but what I want to see more in the future is not only his matches against the big3, but against the Zverev as well. I feel that rivalry will become great in the seasons to come.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
You must have loathed Hewitt, the king of “Come on!” when his opponents made errors.

Yeah wasn't much of a fan. And Murray was annoying as well as herios point out. Speaking of Aussies, Sam Groth's apologetic "sorry mate" whenever he threw the ball up and caught it due to a bad ball toss or a net cord was the polar opposite.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Now because I am pissed, I will root for Paire next round against Kei.

Me too. Paire has a good chance of giving better fight to the Bull, especially considering that the crowd will be on his side.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
This was the wrong year for Nadal to get a cupcake draw because he actually might be a bit more vulnerable than normal. But he plays some no name next round and then gets crazy Paire or a totally spent Kinky Kei. So a total cakewalk until the semis.

Ralph was broken twice by the Madman qualifier in 2R. Imagine what would have happened if Ralph played the draw that I designed for him (in the early RG thread).

Status
Not open for further replies.