ATP Cup, Australia

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Anderson is playing fantastic against the world's former #1. Great match
I was surprised by his level today, considering that he was out of tour for a while. Novak was getting frustrated by the end of the first set. Kevin had a set point in the 2nd set TB with his serve, but the lord of the tie breaks prevailed at the end.

Thiem lost to Coric which I find surprising a bit.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
That is what I like about the beginning of the season, everyone is having a fresh start trying to prove themselves. It's a good tournament so far. Team competitions are fun and the players do play like it means a lot so I guess all in all it will be a success. TV coverage seems to be better than the Davis Cup.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Bautista Agut beat some poor guy 6:0 6:0. He could donate him a game at least, that was merciless.

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
good win by nadal first of the season still he's masterpiece game can do a lot better and will of course.

Reactions: Nadalfan2013

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
I was surprised by his level today, considering that he was out of tour for a while. Novak was getting frustrated by the end of the first set. Kevin had a set point in the 2nd set TB with his serve, but the lord of the tie breaks prevailed at the end.

Thiem lost to Coric which I find surprising a bit.
Yes surprising, but very nice for our guy! It’s time for him to wake up. Whole 2019 was shit for him.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
that's just the Spanish way merciless still nadal such a great person he would have giving the poor guy a 1 game at least.
Are you origin Spanish or at least Latino? Or only fan of Nadal?

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com

The funny thing was that I was 19, had had oral surgery recently so wired shut after a hospital stay! After getting my bearings, another teacher played doubles with me so I wouldn't run around too much! It had only been 3 weeks and I was supposed to stay off the courts for 8 weeks! In the middle of the summer? Good luck with that! Anything short of chaining me to a radiator, I was going out to play if able to stand up! We won both sets at love, but lost 2 points in one of the sets on unreturnable smashes! We had some great rallies, but somehow I was able to hold my own and didn't make any errors! The opposition was demoralized; esp. at my age, size, and obvious handicap! Trying to breathe with that mouthpiece locked in the front of my mouth was really something, but got thru it ok! :yesyes:

Reactions: britbox

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Lol. I remember Edberg triple-bagelling some guy at Wimbledon one year.
Was curious so I looked it up. Note how there were 3 at Majors in 1987! That's just weird.
Screen Shot 2020-01-04 at 7.44.55 PM.png

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Speaking of the often injured, (which has come up on the ATP news thread,) Kyrgios had to bail on playing FAA today due to injury, and Millman was subbed in. Doing a pretty good job, so far, holding up the standard for Team Australia. He takes the first set as I type this.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
As x
Speaking of the often injured, (which has come up on the ATP news thread,) Kyrgios had to bail on playing FAA today due to injury, and Millman was subbed in. Doing a pretty good job, so far, holding up the standard for Team Australia. He takes the first set as I type this.
So does that mean he isn't going to be serve any more aces..I think he is a hypochondriac

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
As x

So does that mean he isn't going to be serve any more aces..I think he is a hypochondriac
I don't think he's a hypochondriac. That seems unfair. He really wanted to play for Austraila.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I don't think he's a hypochondriac. That seems unfair. He really wanted to play for Austraila.
I wanted to be Hugh Hefner but I couldn't convince enough women that I had proper motives for photographing them.

If it was a match vs Rafa or Roger at MSG wacky Nicky would be the first one in the arena