ATP Cup, Australia

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Shapo is too impatient playing, he doesn’t think twice and that’s why he make many errors but he hits the ball hard and has good serve
He beat Tsitsipas, who's top 10, so he's not so bad.

Reactions: Fiero425

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think it is more controlled now,great serve and the fhand is first class when it clicks
Shapo d Tsistipas 76 (6) 76 (4) some great ball striking by both players.Fun Match

The best part is I am watching this on my time zone in the afternoon,not having to get up at Midnight or 1am in the morning.
This is the antipodean time of the calendar. Enjoy! Laugh and feel smug while the rest of us miss, or stay up too late. :lulz2:

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
He beat Tsitsipas, who's top 10, so he's not so bad.
He is not bad at all, in his last matches he has beaten Fog, Berrettini, Monfils, Fritz, Khachanov and Tsitsipas but he should take the game with a little more calm, better organized

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
First time I am watching Casper Rudd from Norway who is playing John Isner,impressed with the youngster,is it just me in ways he reminds me of David Nalbandian,one set all on serve in the 3rd set.( t/breakers in both sets,well it is Isner playing lol!).

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Well done to Casper Rudd the first time he has defeated a player in the Top20......67(3) 76(10) 75 over Isner
Love his high backhand volley.....

Reactions: AnonymousFan

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Zverev continues the same like the last year. Was up a set and a break in 2nd against De Minaur. Lost 2nd in TB and is now break down in the 3rd. Broken racket, 13 double faults and counting. He is a mess.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Dimitrov looked all fired up against Evans today making some nice backhand winners. His game is clicking again, could be a difficult opponent in AO.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Zverev continues the same like the last year. Was up a set and a break in 2nd against De Minaur. Lost 2nd in TB and is now break down in the 3rd. Broken racket, 13 double faults and counting. He is a mess.
I didn't see it but heard he was getting the Yips on the second serve. 13 double faults is appalling.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I didn't see it but heard he was getting the Yips on the second serve. 13 double faults is appalling.
Once he makes a few faults he just can't stop it and his whole game starts to fall apart until he just loses the match. He had 4:2 in the 2nd and a couple of BPs in that game. He is slowly turning from the most promising young guy to a biggest choker on a tour. But kudos to De Minaur too, that guy is like upgraded version of Ferrer, fights for every ball.

Later watched Medvedev against Fognini and it is clear that Daniil is light years ahead of Zverev at the moment.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I think it is more controlled now, great serve and the f-hand is first class when it clicks
Shapo d Tsistipas 7-6 (6) 7-6 (4); some great ball striking by both players. Fun Match

The best part is I am watching this on my time zone in the afternoon, not having to get up at Midnight or 1am in the morning.

:clap: A very HOT match; in more ways than one with this match-up! They are truly HOT AF! Watching Ruud/Isner now and "The Hottie" Jan-Michael Gambill was in the commentator booth! Hearing and seeing him more and more these days! I guess they were waiting for him to mature before the exposure! Heaven knows he's been free to finally get there! He's held up very well! :yesyes:

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I feel for all the players in Sydney today,there is a total fire ban,poor air quality,urging people who suffer from asthma,lung conditions etc not to go outside and a temp of about 115 F with strong winds.Today's conditions are predicted to be worse than New Year's Eve in Sydney.Medical officials will closely monitor air quality conditions at Sydney today.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
"Nice" spectacle.....I'm really sorry for the other guy next to him

Last edited:

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
"Nice" spectacle.....I'm really sorry for the other guy next to him

Absolutely disgusting behaviour from Zverev :facepalm: He should play doubles with Djokovic next time, then they could break their rackets together. :cuckoo: Such behaviour should not be allowed in our beautiful sport. :nono:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
This what we are going to be left with when the Big 3 are gone..Geez. it's gonna be like reliving the earliest part of last decade and reading BS s mindless posts

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
finally get to see nadal masterpiece game for the first time in 2020 it will be hightlight of the night in Australia for sure :yesyes: