ATP Cup, Australia

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
For Novak it was clearly a matter of honour.Man we should be just happy about what we saw in that match! We can look much brighter on the upcoming season.
Agree. This kind of event was probably exactly what Nole needed to round himself into a good form and high self belief. Not to mention fire and desire he showed during the last 10 days. Very promising coming into AO.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Well I tried to seriously watch Nadal's interview on "60 Minutes!" He's just not worth listening to; can't even articulate himself enough in English to do it! Of course his rivalry with Federer was featured, but the one person that owns him wasn't even mentioned! Shocking; told you it will always be about "FEDAL" and no one else when it comes to tennis and its history! :nono: :sick: :facepalm:

Reactions: Bonaca

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Obviously Nadal has not played well at all in this tournament, after his superb game in the DC it would have been more smart to take a little more rest instead of to go to Australia , starting to play in the east of the country and flying the last two days to the west, different court and ambient, crazy movement. But after to watch the last set against the Serbian and even losing the match with a completely lack of energy he has given me a huge confidence that he could win the AO perfectly well . Anyway Bautista has played incredible good, he would have gave a lot more problems to Novak from the first set

Reactions: the AntiPusher

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Well I tried to seriously watch Nadal's interview on "60 Minutes!" He's just not worth listening to; can't even articulate himself enough in English to do it! Of course his rivalry with Federer was featured, but the one person that owns him wasn't even mentioned! Shocking; told you it will always be about "FEDAL" and no one else when it comes to tennis and its history! :nono: :sick: :facepalm:
It's not worth reading your posts but unfortunately I haven't blocked you which I'm going to do from now. What a pathetic hater are you! :facepalm::cuckoo::finger:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Fiero..you know I have a ton of respect for you and your posts..But are you insane..That was a fantastic interesting interview..Rafa’s life and rise to glory is a fascinating story.. I wished it was longer and I am going to go online to CBS.com to watch the behind the scenes footage if it’s exist.

Heck.. Trust me.. I have lived a good life..wouldn’t trade it for anything or anyone but if I could live an island in the Mediterranean . plus a life in a tight family setting like the Nadals .. I would take it.. .How cool could it be to live by the sea and your parents living on the other side of the Bay..Man..Rafa ..dude you got it pretty good.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
You choose some weird things to be punitive about. Really...how good are you at expressing yourself in Spanish? You know that Rafa does actually speak English, but that he's better in his native language. He's famous as a tennis player, not a linguist. In doing a profile, perhaps CBS decided to get the most articulate version of him they could, and went with Spanish. In the Tennis Channel documentary, they also went with interviewing him in Spanish, and that was also based on a Wertheim book.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Novak had won every HC match against Nadal since US Open 2013, in STRAIGHT sets. Not that bad.
Mostly likely because, and sadly, they never played on HC during Novak's long 2-year walkabout from mid-2016 to mid-2018. Between IW 2016 and AO 2019, when Djoker was in a slump, they never met on HC once. Would have helped Nadal, I reckon, but that's for the What If's thread.

• Haha
Reactions: Fiero425 and Bonaca

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
What's the matter? Goatdal's singles spanking won't allow him to play dubs? :lol3:
Uncharacteristically bitchy from you, eh? Perhaps at some point it's time to stop over-playing for the team and focus on the bigger prize.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Fiero..you know I have a ton of respect for you and your posts..But are you insane..That was a fantastic interesting interview..Rafa’s life and rise to glory is a fascinating story.. I wished it was longer and I am going to go online to CBS.com to watch the behind the scenes footage if it’s exist.

Heck.. Trust me.. I have lived a good life..wouldn’t trade it for anything or anyone but if I could live an island in the Mediterranean . plus a life in a tight family setting like the Nadals .. I would take it.. .How cool could it be to live by the sea and your parents living on the other side of the Bay..Man..Rafa ..dude you got it pretty good.

I've heard it before! I don't need to hear his history when he's living the life now whether it was bad or good! I just don't particularly care for the guy! I don't like his entire act on court; the stalling, challenging ridiculous line calls, and today kvetchin' about the crowd being against him! Does he go to the umpire to ask the crowd to stop cheering wildly for him? He's an idiot, spoilt, and a hypocrite! :sick:

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
You choose some weird things to be punitive about. Really...how good are you at expressing yourself in Spanish? You know that Rafa does actually speak English, but that he's better in his native language. He's famous as a tennis player, not a linguist. In doing a profile, perhaps CBS decided to get the most articulate version of him they could, and went with Spanish. In the Tennis Channel documentary, they also went with interviewing him in Spanish, and that was also based on a Wertheim book.

Honey, we're not talking about me! Why not bring up Nole who speaks several languages including Chinese? I just don't like heaping praise on someone who's just "a lump" and has little to say! I respect Federer and Nole so much more! :whistle:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Honey, we're not talking about me! Why not bring up Nole who speaks several languages including Chinese? I just don't like heaping praise on someone who's just "a lump" and has little to say! I respect Federer and Nole so much more! :whistle:
Just because you don't like him, he's hardly a "lump." And yes, Novak is talented with languages, but let's not pretend that a few phrases in Chinese makes him fluent, ok? That's a hard language to master, whichever dialect he's focused on, though his Italian is not bad, I'll say. No, we're not talking about you, but I'm saying that you needn't be so judgmental about a person's language skills, when you are neither the tennis player that he is, nor the linguist. He IS fluent in 3 languages.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I just watched the piece. Wertheim says this: "He's fluent in English, but expresses himself more freely in Spanish." I guess you missed that part.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I told ya about RBA game could extend the point against Nick.

Rafa will step up and break young AD now.

Remember Mr shit for brains @brokenshoelace always questions my IQ ..

In fairness, I never question your IQ. Ever. I flat out claim you're a fucking dimwit. There's no question about it.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I think they should merge the ATP cup and DC into a single event.

There should only be eight teams at the end and all matches should be in the same or nearby venues as was done in ATP cup. Restricting to eight would mean that the event can be finished in just a week like most other events.

The four semifinalists should get an automatic berth in next years event. To determine the other four, we should do a Davis cup style play offs starting with 32 teams. After three rounds, four teams would be left which should join the final event. The three rounds should happen at three different points of time as was done before in DC (first round just before IW, second round right after Wimbledon, and third round right after USO).

Finally, the event with eight teams should happen in the week after WTF and not in the first week of the year.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I just watched the piece. Wertheim says this: "He's fluent in English, but expresses himself more freely in Spanish." I guess you missed that part.

No I didn't miss it; just didn't GAF! You just don't understand I've never cared for Nadal; NEVER! I hate his game, I hate his entire act out there! Get it? :whistle:

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
His @brokenshoelace posts are perfect afterwards a large meal that is full of fiber and veggies while you are sitting on your throne

I'm truly not shocked you refer to a toilet seat as your throne. It implies it's where you spend most of your time and explains the smell of shit we all notice while reading your posts.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Bonaca. If you want a battle there's a poster whom is a Canadian citizen and he/she is totally full of BS literally..go find some of his posts and you should find plenty for competitive bantering

It's hilarious that you think our bantering is competitive when it's mainly you sounding like an idiot and me pointing out that you sound like a fucking idiot. But hey, you offered to beat me up in Cincinnati. I somehow doubt that the same pussy who's too afraid to directly engage my posts is beating anyone up but whatever.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
No I didn't miss it; just didn't GAF! You just don't understand I've never cared for Nadal; NEVER! I hate his game, I hate his entire act out there! Get it? :whistle:
No, actually you've made that quite clear, and it accounts for your unfair assessments and hysterical posts. My bad was trying to get "reasonable" out of you. I won't try again.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Mostly likely because, and sadly, they never played on HC during Novak's long 2-year walkabout from mid-2016 to mid-2018. Between IW 2016 and AO 2019, when Djoker was in a slump, they never met on HC once. Would have helped Nadal, I reckon, but that's for the What If's thread.
I agree if they met in these 2 years you mentioned, the current stat would be different. And yes its "what-if", but most likely.

My point was how it looks like when both are top, and the truth is my post to which you have replied.