ATP Cup, Australia

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It's just funny to me that he was out there playing dubs in a meaningless match in Perth, but w/ the title on the line he decides to take a rest? :scratch:

Didnt he help Spain a few weeks prior win the DC for the 5th time in his career? This was prep for the AO. So hardly shocker he opted out of the doubles.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Nothing new! Rafa plays when he wants and where he wants! There have been seasons when he's blown off Davis Cup as well, so not playing the dubs with this new title on the line which doesn't affect his personal record is no real surprise! :nono:
Come on, it’s not that important.
He played a lot of matches. I could understand it totally in this case. He could also avoid to play Novak in singles, but he didn’t. He had to know that Novak was in good shape.

Reactions: the AntiPusher

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Not quite right.

When I made my prediction I forgot to take into account the horrible Serbian fans who kept disturbing the opponents and played a big factor in the result. But I should have known this as it even started with the Shapovalov match.

Anyways with all the energy that Djokovic spent physically and emotionally for this exhibition, even playing doubles today, I think it’s a big mistake for the Australian open.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
When I made my prediction I forgot to take into account the horrible Serbian fans who kept disturbing the opponents and played a big factor in the result. But I should have known this as it even started with the Shapovalov match.

Anyways with all the energy that Djokovic spent physically and emotionally for this exhibition, even playing doubles today, I think it’s a big mistake for the Australian open.
Was the crowd a factor in all of the last nine HC wins of Novak against Nadal in straights? Are you serious? Who was hardly supported by the crowd in SF at Wimbledon in 2018?
Crowd was disgusting, Lahani talked to the crowd and they became calmer. Never saw something like that before, very nice move. Novak didn’t receive this kind of decency in London or NY for example.

Im sure you hope he had overplayed and maybe you pray for an injury, my only hope for Nadal is to destroy everybody till the final in AO and meet the same guy he met today!

Last edited:
Reactions: don_fabio

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Was the crowd a factor in all of the last nine HC wins of Novak against Nadal in straights? Are you serious? Who was hardly supported by the crowd in SF at Wimbledon in 2018?
Crowd was disgusting, Lahani talked to the crowd and they became calmer. Never saw something like that before, very nice move. Novak didn’t receive this kind of decency in London or NY for example.

Im sure you hope he had overplayed and maybe you pray for an injury, my only hope for Nadal is to destroy everybody till the final in AO and meet the same guy he met today!

Look you can talk all you want but it’s Nadal who will end up with the slam record. Have a nice day! :smooch:

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
That’s all you can answer? Poor creature.
Have a nice life lady.

Poor creature? See? Your attitude is just like the Serbian/Djokovic fans we watched this week, disrespectful and rude. :negative:

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
He played a lot of matches. I could understand it totally in this case. He could also avoid to play Novak in singles, but he didn’t. He had to know that Novak was in good shape.

Novak disagrees! It's big for him and he relishes it more since he can do it with his friends and teammates! Even though after 2 AM, The Serbs took the time to have a press conference and spoke for quite a while on how much they enjoyed it and the pride they have to do this for their country! As was said, Spain had their fun at Davis Cup last yr.; Serbia got some redemption with this win in a new event created by the ATP! :whistle:

Reactions: don_fabio

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Poor creature? See? Your attitude is just like the Serbian/Djokovic fans we watched this week, disrespectful and rude. :negative:
My fault was to answer a moron/troll like you. Was the last time.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Novak disagrees! It's big for him and he relishes more since he can do it with his friends and teammates! Even though after 2 AM, The Serbs took the time to have a press conference and spoke for quite a while on how much they enjoyed and pride they have to do this for their country! As was said, Spain had their fun at Davis Cup last year; Serbia got some redemption with this win in a new event created by the ATP! :whistle:
I meant Nadal, he didn’t play a doubles match . Not that big deal.
For Novak it was clearly a matter of honour.
Man we should be just happy about what we saw in that match! We can look much brighter on the upcoming season.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
If it was DC format I would have had Nadal play the first singles..RBA vs Novak in the 2nd singles and Rafa would have had more mental energy for the doubles . But again great win by Novak and team Serbia