2024 WTA News & Gossip

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Amanda will serve for the match at 5-2 and for a place in the final in Toronto
Well done Amanda defeating Navarro 64 26 62, the playing conditions were tricky for both players in windy conditions
Amanda will play the winner of the next SF between Pegual v Shnaider in the final.

Last edited:

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Amanda and her injury woes again
Well there will be a 3rd set, lets see how Amanda reacts, also who handles the windy conditions better?
She recovered enough to beat Emma,and it's about time she starts being a full time
player.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
She recovered enough to beat Emma,and it's about time she starts being a full time
player.
She took a mental break, like Andresscu did earlier this year, I have always like Amanda and when her game is on she is just great to watch, like she was when she defeated Saba yesterday

Last edited:

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
She took a mental break, like Andresscu did earlier this year, I have always like Amanda and when her game is on she is just great to watch, like she was when she defeated Saba yesterday
She was supposed to take pova's place after she retired.Anisimova has not yet lived up to the hype and let's hope this is the beginning of brighter days for her.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
She was supposed to take nova's place after she retired.Anisimova has not yet lived up to the hype and let's hope this is the beginning of brighter days for her.
I dont listen to hype Tossip, many things can happen to a player along the way, sometimes placing too much expectation on a player can have adverse and negative reactions as we have seen over the years.

Reactions: tossip

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
2nd SF match between Pegula v Shnaider has just begun
On serve in the 1st set 3 all, I have just been called into work, an emergency, I will check the scores later when I get home

Last edited:

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I never understand why they wear the same kits on court. They know who they are playing and see the gal in the locker room. Why not put a white top or leggings under your skirt or better yet wear something else. They only bring one outfit to wear?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I never understand why they wear the same kits on court. They know who they are playing and see the gal in the locker room. Why not put a white top or leggings under your skirt or better yet wear something else. They only bring one outfit to wear?
Maybe they should work it out before going on court, anyway I have been called into work, no rest for the wickard:)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just finished watching the highlights of the 2nd ladies SF between the defending champion Pegula v Shnaider
Jess winning in straight sets 64 63
In a All American final Pegula will play against Anisimova tomorrow in Toronto!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Ladies Singles Final,
WTA1000 Toronto,
Monday 12th August,

J.Pegula (3) defending champion vs A.Anisimova H2H Pegula 2-0

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Naomi Osaka will play Ashlyn Krueger tomorrow in her 2nd qualies match to get into the main draw at Cinncy

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Danielle Collins has been forced out of the WTA1000 Cincinnati tournament due to the 'strained retus abdominis' she sustained at the Olympics, a injury she has sustained before that kept her off the tour for some months. Collins is hoping to return to competition in Monterey, and to continue her season after the USO and go after the goals she set out for the rest of the year.

• Sad
Reactions: kskate2

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
Now that Danielle Collins will miss the US Open, I wonder if she will extend her career for a few months and give one last go for a slam at the 2025 Australian Open. She deserves a send off at Australia, rather than at a meaningless fall tournament.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Now that Danielle Collins will miss the US Open, I wonder if she will extend her career for a few months and give one last go for a slam at the 2025 Australian Open. She deserves a send off at Australia, rather than at a meaningless fall tournament.
The media has asked Collins many times this year with her good results to extend her career to new year she has come back with a strong No
Danielle wants to start a family and she is already challenged in that area, she may find it difficult to conceive.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Will Jess Pegula follow in the footsteps of these players which won Canadian Open both in Toronto and Montreal?
Martina Navratilova
Chris Evert
Steffi Graf
Monica Seles
Martina Hingis
Simona Halep
We will find out after she plays her final in Toronto today against Amanda Anisimova

Reactions: AnonymousFan