2024 Women's Wimbledon Championships

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Chrissy showing her bias today, she was all over Iga on clay
Now having a go at Iga for not playing doubles?
Gee I suppose it was okay for one of your favorites Osaka never played doubles and this is her first time in 5 years on grass Chrissy
BTW did you know that Iga is a former Wimbledon junior champion?
I suggest you need to research better, btw that was Iga's 20 win in a row!
Remember
Loose Lips Sink Ships Chrissy
Where is Martina Navratilova when I need her for her comments on grass

Last edited:

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Order of Play for Wimbledon, Day 3 Round 1 & 2, July 3, 2024

1719979585852.png

1719979623537.png

1719979693015.png

1719979726740.png

1719979758347.png

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
There are matches that need to be finished from yesterday due to bad light and the rain delays didnt help matters,
Hopefully no more withdrawals due to injuries,

Emma Navarro could upset Osaka as long as she dosent decide to slug it out with Osaka from the baseline!
I feel on grass Bianca Andresscu has too much variety for Noskova (26) as long as she keeps her level and focus during the match
Lets see if Sakkari can win another match at GS level she plays against Rus
Badosa should be able to defeat Brenda Fruhvirtova
Same with Donna Vekic over the Teen Queens sister Erika Andreeva
Jazz Paolini I feel will have too much variety for Minnen
Sloane Stephens needs to show up for her match against the youngster Diana Schnaider, who can play on grass, if Scone turns up on court, it will be All Over Red Rover!

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Coco is just having a practice session with her opponent Todoni who is ranked #142, nothing to upset Coco in anyway
Coco through 62 61, wake me up when she has a stronger opponent, cant gauge her form at present
Coco probably has the strongest chance seeing the bottom half of the draw has been weakened by withdrawals and upsets, to make the final, in saying that I dont want to ' hex her' at this early stage of the tournament

Last edited:

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Coco is just having a practice session with her opponent Todoni who is ranked #142, nothing to upset Coco in anyway
Coco through 62 61, wake me up when she has a stronger opponent, cant gauge her form at present
Coco probably has the strongest chance seeing the bottom half of the draw has been weakened by withdrawals and upsets, to make the final, in saying that I dont want to ' hex her' at this early stage of the tournament
Well..I am cautiously optimistic about her chances of winning the whole thing.I know it's too early but she might find herself in the final..

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Well..I am cautiously optimistic about her chances of winning the whole thing.I know it's too early but she might find herself in the final..
Coco has done better this year, remember she went out in the 1st round last year, yep early days yet, so far so good

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Chrissy showing her bias today, she was all over Iga on clay
Now having a go at Iga for not playing doubles?
Gee I suppose it was okay for one of your favorites Osaka never played doubles and this is her first time in 5 years on grass Chrissy
BTW did you know that Iga is a former Wimbledon junior champion?
I suggest you need to research better, btw that was Iga's 20 win in a row!
Remember
Loose Lips Sink Ships Chrissy
Where is Martina Navratilova when I need her for her comments on grass
I have not been able to watch as much of the championships as many here, but I think Chrissie certainly has that pedigree to make comments about grass court tennis since she did when this thing three times, if memory serves.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I have not been able to watch as much of the championships as many here, but I think Chrissie certainly has that pedigree to make comments about grass court tennis since she did when this thing three times, if memory serves.
I dont mind Chrissy making comments on grass, though she has real bias when it comes to players, she likes, as a commentator in my view you have to remain neutral, when Pova was on the tour, she was also blindsided, until Pova was caught drug cheating? she had a go at Iga because she dosent play doubles on grass, but one of her fav players Osaka has also never played doubles and just recently returned to playing on grass,last time she played was 5 years ago and has never been good on grass, at least Iga has made the QFs on grass, where Osaka has not

Last edited:
Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Emma Navvaro playing well mixing up her play against Osaka winning the 1st set 64
Emma 12 winners and 2 UFE in the 1st set
Emma really 'locked in' this match, Osaka pressing to no avail,
Emma leading 4-0 2nd set

Last edited:

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Naomi-me-me befuddled, looking to her box for answers. Gurl, you don't have to look that far. I got your answers right chere:
1. Dump that getup
2. Stop overhitting. You are an UFE machine out there racing to finish.
3. Bring down the power just a touch and add margin, angles and length.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Naomi-me-me befuddled, looking to her box for answers. Gurl, you don't have to look that far. I got your answers right chere:
1. Dump that getup
2. Stop overhitting. You are an UFE machine out there racing to finish.
3. Bring down the power just a touch and add margin, angles and length.
I predicted that Emma would win this match up as long as she didnt decide to slug it out from the baseline with Osaka
Osaka just pressing too much to no avail and becoming a UFE machine

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Osaka back in the Top 100 apparently will be a huge threat at the USO according to some commentators? dont count your chickens before they hatch no?
There are a few other players with stronger games at present that might just have a say in the upcoming USO