2024 Women's Wimbledon Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
As I thought Ostapenko defeated Putintenseva in straight sets 62 63
Looking at Osta's stats she was pretty much on in all departments as I could not stay awake for her match, needed a nap

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This is a great stat for Womens Doubles at Wimbledon!,

Su-Wei Hsieh has now won 21 straights doubles matches at Wimbledon!, Hsieh is just magic to watch a on tennis court
!

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Krejcekova is a player that can get hot from nowhere.She can beat anyone when she is in the mood.At this event she has not been on the radar...but she is a force when she is on fire.Ignore her at your own peril...

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The Banshee loses her break with a DF things not going as planed at present for The Banshee in the 2nd set
Banshee had the trainer out upper leg problem .

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Babora serviing for the match 5-2, The Banshee ground strokes has let her down in this match up, gotta give credit to Babora her play in the 2nd set has been the best I have seen her play in sometime
Not to be as The Banshee breaks Barbora serving for the match 3-5 and The Banshee is serving
Barbora breaks straight back and wins the match 75 63

Last edited:

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Sad to see the Banshee lost--was pulling for her.

Reactions: kskate2

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Talk in the ladies locker room ( via Ostapenko) the consensus is that the grass this year is more slippery than ever, also more so when the roof is closed

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
^ perhaps all the more reason to serve and volley??? I would not necessarily do it all the time and not as much against Novak, but it can still work me thinks. I could see Jasmine and Emma doing some of that.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Order of Play for Wimbledon, Day 9 QF Round, July 9, 2024

1720495529273.png

1720495568326.png

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Ladies QFs Bottom Half Of The Draw,

J.Paolini (7) vs E.Navvaro (19) Emma is now Darren Cahills favorite new player! H2H Navarro 3-0 all on HC. This is their first meeting on grass.

Can the super cool, cool as a cucumber Emma continue to win through to her first Wimbledon SF? quite frankly I think she can, Emma has improved her overall game this year, her net play is just one example.Emma dismantled Naomi Osaka's game, she played a wonderful tactical match against the No 2 Coco Gauff though I must say Gauff wasnt much of a threat to Emma in their match, remained stead fast in her belief she could win and she did.

Jazz Paolini has surprised herself this year on the grass, never been her best surface, she has showed at Wimbledon her game translates to all surfaces making her first QF, she cannot commit the amount of UFE on her bhand as she did in her match against Keys, who was serving for the match and picked up an adductor injury and sad to say had to retire, Jazz in ways was lucky? though luck favors the brave dosent it? win or lose that wonderful smile always comes shining through in her matches.

Miss L.Sun vs Donna Vekic,

Miss Sun a qualifer has been the 'revelation' at this yesr's Wimbledon tournament,, she becomes the first New Zealander in Wimbledon's QFs in the Open Era, she hasnt looked back since defeating the No 8 seed Zheng in her first match, she dismanlted Emma Raduncanu and blew her off the court, with 59 winners, I feel Raducanu took Miss Sun too lightly and paid the price.
Miss Sun is aggressive and won take a back ward step. Can she win a place in the SF at Wimbledon and continue this incredible run as a qualifer I beleive she can.

Donna Vekic has always loved the grass, was a runner up recently at the Bad Homburg tournament, her coach Pam Shriver knows and understands grass play, which has really benefited Vekic's belief as Donna has struggled to find her form after injuries, she toughed it out in a rain delayed match which went for 71/2 hours against Badosa in her last match, she she is one tough young woman and wont take Miss Sun lighty.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.