2024 Women's Wimbledon Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Coco Gauff is now 0-4 career vs top 30/top 40 players at Wimbledon and has not made a QF
I feel she is a natural on grass, though for some reason gets rattle on it, which showed today in her match against Emma Navarro
Gauff,
" I dont always ask for advice on the box.Today was one of those rare moments where I felt I didnt have solutions".

There is some consolation for Gauff, Jess and Gauff are still in the doubles they play tomorrow

Last edited:

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
I dont think he is saying that. He is saying the opposite. He is saying the college tennis players of today are so much more advance because these players are coming from overseas are pro players playing collegian sports especially tennis. IMO.. @PhiEaglesfan712 please correct me if I have it incorrect
That's definitely one factor. I'd also say the improvement in access to better nutrition and conditioning is the other. Pretty much every high school and college tennis program has nutritionists available, as well as a conditioning program.

Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
AP
If you read his post he said we are in a very weak era, not the first time he has stated this okay I can read just saying :)
Regardless of college tennis players coming onto the WTA
I find that very demeaning to the current players in the WTA as we cannot compare era's as they are too many varibles to consider
Also had a go at Iga Swatek for not being thje true No 1 player, I mean again that is laughable I should have posted her stats, for starters, the minute I said I would he didnt say a word.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
AP consider this,
With this loss Coco has a worse Wimbledon record than Iga both 11-5 but Iga has a QF
The stand out to me both struggle with the FH grip breaking down on the grass
I have stated many times about Coco's grip on her fhand

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
AP
If you read his post he said we are in a very weak era, not the first time he has stated this okay I can read just saying :)
Regardless of college tennis players coming onto the WTA
I find that very demeaning to the current players in the WTA as we cannot compare era's as they are too many varibles to consider
Also had a go at Iga Swatek for not being thje true No 1 player, I mean again that is laughable I should have posted her stats, for starters, the minute I said I would he didnt say a word.
Yes the poster is comparing eras which is difficult. My apologies I read the question incorrectly.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
AP consider this,
With this loss Coco has a worse Wimbledon record than Iga both 11-5 but Iga has a QF
The stand out to me both struggle with the FH grip breaking down on the grass
I have stated many times about Coco's grip on her fhand
Good points..who is responsible for her grip and hitting techniques?.. we can't blame it on her father Cory.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Good points..who is responsible for her grip and hitting techniques?.. we can't blame it on her father Cory.
Maybe in her junior days did her father coach her then?
My pro at my tennis club said to me when a junior player has bad technique on a bh or fh it is very hard to correct it later on

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Coco Gauff is now 0-4 career vs top 30/top 40 players at Wimbledon and has not made a QF
I feel she is a natural on grass, though for some reason gets rattle on it, which showed today in her match against Emma Navarro
Gauff,
" I dont always ask for advice on the box.Today was one of those rare moments where I felt I didnt have solutions".

There is some consolation for Gauff, Jess and Gauff are still in the doubles they play tomorrow
I will be surprised if Coco wins the title with Jess.

Reactions: tossip and kskate2

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
These college ladies are games are so mature. They're like season Vets.. Emma totally outplayed Coco. It was nothing Coco could do today. That's why she is so upset.
I agree the collegiates are more mature. They had more time to hone their skills. I think their technique is more polished and they get the advantage of playing in a team environment.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Well, that just shows where her goals are. She ghosted Muzz because she was interested in beating 2 top 10s instead of pulling a Pova (I came here to win this thing). :facepalm:
What did you expect from her quite frankly ? it is all about her and it backfired big time today when Miss Sun defeated her, 59 winners to boot Emma off the court and out of the tournament, she took Miss Sun too lightly, Miss Sun hasnt looked back since she defeated Zheng

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
What did you expect from her quite frankly ? it is all about her and it backfired big time today when Miss Sun defeated her, 59 winners to boot Emma off the court and out of the tournament, she took Miss Sun too lightly, Miss Sun hasnt looked back since she defeated Zheng
You're right I didn't expect much from the lazy so and so, which is why I knew Lulu would send her packing. I guess I'm more shocked that the British fans are so clueless about her motives

Reactions: tossip

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
You're right I didn't expect much from the lazy so and so, which is why I knew Lulu would send her packing. I guess I'm more shocked that the British fans are so clueless about her motives
British press are still in meltdown about their sweet Emma, they have blind folds on when it comes to Emma and her motives it is all about Me Me Me !

Reactions: AnonymousFan

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I know you want to axe Brad, but how much of this is his fault? Maybe he gives her instructions and she's not executing. Do we really know? She did win a M1000, a slam and got to #2 under his tutelage. It's not all bad, but does need to be better.

Reactions: tossip

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I know you want to axe Brad, but how much of this is his fault? Maybe he gives her instructions and she's not executing. Do we really know? She did win a M1000, a slam and got to #2 under his tutelage. It's not all bad, but does need to be better.
that's the million dollar question,, WHY isnt she listening to Brad?

Status
Not open for further replies.