2024 Women's Wimbledon Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
that's the million dollar question,, WHY isnt she listening to Brad?
Coco said in her presser she likes ti solve her own problems on court, she ran out of ideas and then went to her box for help?
Did Coco have a B plan when her A Plan isnt working? dosent appear so

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
About time Rybakina finally gets a match on CC on Monday! just looking at the schedule
Also more rain is in the forecast
Now that the British hogger and Coco are gone, you'll see some others get their opportunity to play on Centre, like Banshee and Jaz

Reactions: AnonymousFan

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Coco said in her presser she likes ti solve her own problems on court, she ran out of ideas and then went to her box for help?
Did Coco have a B plan when her A Plan isnt working? dosent appear so
Maybe it wasnt her day and she will have to accept it.. Remember when Halep dusted Serena at SW19 in the finals.. It was nothing that Serena could do that day..It happens.

Reactions: tossip

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Maybe it wasnt her day and she will have to accept it.. Remember when Halep dusted Serena at SW19 in the finals.. It was nothing that Serena could do that day..It happens.
Halep really crushed Serena remember, I could not believe it,
There are still things in Coco's game that needs to be addressed, to me she is a natural on the grass, but she struggles on it for some reason? that fhand needs to be fixed and yes the grip has to be changed

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
@kskate2 Kskate2 any thoughts on Madison performance today?
Everything you've already mentioned. She started slowly. Was getting bossed by Jaz's FH and volley. She finally turned it around in the 2nd and should have won the 2nd set easier than a TB. Same thing happened in the decider. If she had put Jaz away sooner, she's already off the court before she's injured. It has to be really difficult for Maddy. She may suffer a bit from the Casper Ruud syndrome. Too nice for her own good. How many "too nice" folks you know own slam titles?

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Order of Play for Wimbledon, Day 8 Round 4, July 8, 2024

1720405515125.png

1720405587859.png

1720405641464.png

1720405776475.png

1720405844777.png

1720405912021.png

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Ladies 4th round, Top Half of the Draw!,

E.Rybakina (4) ( my pick to win the tournament from the start) vs A.Kalinskaya (17) ( GF of Jannik Sinner) H2H 2 all First meeting on grass

Elena made a huge statement to the rest of the tournament when she produced a wonderful display of tennis in her previous match allowing Caroline Wozniacki only 1 game
Kalinskkaya will have to be on the 'top of her game' to upset Rybakina

My Popcorn Match Of The Tournament, make sure you bring plenty you made need it :)
Emotions will be riding high when these 2 players meet,

Ostapenko (13) vs Y.Putintseva H2H 2 all first meeting on grass,
If Osta can keep her margins in check, not argue with the linespeople if or not her balls are in or out she should be able to win, though has we have seen with Osta she can produce good form and puts in a Shocker!
Poots is a tricky player to play against just ask the No 1 player Iga Swiatek, I would not be surprised if Yulia continues on her merry way in this match up

The Banshee (11) vs B. Krejecikova (31) Krejickova H2H Krejcikova 1-0 on a HC in 2023, this is the first meeting on grass.
The Banshee has found her form on grass, being in the 2nd week at Wimbledon, her first, she is still riding a wave of success, in her final year.
Barbora on the other hand hasnt had a great year, finds herself in the 2nd week at Wimbledon, due to a withdrawal? can she make good use of this lucky break?
If The Banshee plays her first strike tennis on the grass, I can see her with the win..

E.Svitolina (21) vs X.Wang First meeting,

Elina who is defending SF points at Wimbledon, hasnt been in great form, due to injury, though she found it in her match against The Minister of Happiness defeating Jabeur in straight sets, thank goodnes I can put away the stretcher for another year, as I feared Tossip might have lost it if she had won Wimbledon this year, to me she puts too much pressure on herself every time Wimbledon comes around, it is her dream, hello Ons it is also other players Dreams okay
Wang an unknown quanity is another player that has gone under the radar making the 2nd week at Wimbledon
Svitolina to win

Last edited:

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Ladies 4th round, Top Half of the Draw!,

E.Svitolina (21) vs X.Wang First meeting,

Elina who is defending SF points at Wimbledon, hasnt been in great form, due to injury, though she found it in her match against The Minister of Happiness defeating Jabeur in straight sets, thank goodnes I can put away the stretcher for another year, as I feared Tossip might have lost it if she had won Wimbledon this year, to me she puts too much pressure on herself every time Wimbledon comes around, it is her dream, hello Ons it is also other players Dreams okay
Wang an unknown quanity is another player that has gone under the radar making the 2nd week at Wimbledon
Svitolina to win
LOL. Didn't you hear, Renee has removed this label from Ons because she's not been happy on court for a good while now and given this title to Jaz because she always smiles. :slap: :banghead:

• Haha
Reactions: tossip

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rybakina was broken to love in her first service game, now back on serve in the 1st set, 4-3 with Anna to serve
Rybakina finally wins the 1st set 63, it was tough to serve out the first set, Rybakina serve saved the day in difficult moments

The match between Svitolina v Wang has just started

Last edited:
Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rybakina with an early break in the 2nd set over Anna, one thing that has impressed me with Rybakina is her net play winning points when she advances to the net, an area of her game that has improved, on grass a must in a lot of ways.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
LOL. Didn't you hear, Renee has removed this label from Ons because she's not been happy on court for a good while now and given this title to Jaz because she always smiles. :slap: :banghead:
I dont listen to Renee usually mute her, I have never been a fan quite frankly, she is another one that is bias towards players.When she comes to the AO every year to commentate she is a 'pain in the backside' thinks all the players are her best friends, she needs to get over herself quite frankly.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Oh No another retirement
Kalinskaya retires down 0-3 in the 2nd set? against Rybakina
Anna did have the physio out earlier in the match, wrist injury
Anna leaves the court in tears soo sad for her she had really improved as a player this year, Jannik looked on concerned for his GF

• Wow
Reactions: kskate2
Status
Not open for further replies.