2024 Women's Wimbledon Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I don't want to see Emma playing Jaz. I like both these players
The way Jazz played today, Emma will win, Jazz too many errors, she was lucky to get through, sad for Madison how unlucky with an injury when she was trying to serve out a ,match

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The British press still in shock that cant get over that a Q in Miss Sun beat their player lol!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Coco go cuss out Brad and get rid of that clown. You don't need him. She let the break of service get into head and never recovered.
Do you mean Coco should get rid of Brad?
No coach of Coco has been able to fixed that fhand for starters? it still stinks, it is that bloody grip Coco has

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
These college ladies are games are so mature. They're like season Vets.. Emma totally outplayed Coco. It was nothing Coco could do today. That's why she is so upset.

Reactions: tossip

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
These college ladies are games are so mature. They're like season Vets.. Emma totally outplayed Coco. It was nothing Coco could do today. That's why she is so upset.
Also having a easy draw like Coco had didnt help her cause at all, she wasnt tested until today

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Do you mean Coco should get rid of Brad?
A lot of Us (folks in my tennis club) feel Coco was going to win the US Open regardless. Brad has not improved Coco IMO. Coco was playing the same way last year. No Improvement in her confidence to dominate the tour. I agree she does not have the mentality of Serena which we all were so blessed to witness. There's no way CoCo should have felt like she was on an island by herself. Just like Keys. the return of serve was the problem. If you cant return the service, you cant get the point started and you will loose 100 percent of the time.

Reactions: kskate2 and tossip

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
A lot of Us (folks in my tennis club) feel Coco was going to win the US Open regardless. Brad has not improved Coco IMO. There's no way CoCo should have felt like she was on an island by herself. Just like Keys. the return of serve was the problem. If you cant return the service, you cant get the point started and you will loose 100 percent of the time.
Well what is Coco supposed to do now.? she probably pays Brad big bucks and her problem area's arent not solved
Players know to attack that fhand and this go for broke Big Serve lets her down, just get your serve in for staters

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
If she can't pull this match out, who's she going to blame this time? She's the highest ranked player left in the tourney.
Keli, Maybe it was a bad day at the office for Coco. Although the better player won. Coco as the youth and popular phrase of today " Get caught up into her feelings". Hire Venus as a mentor.. Venus was the absolute GOAT in composure. Even when she knew the linesman and Umpire was making bad judgement calls against her, Venus kept her cool and Calm. Of course Coco has to be herself but controlling your emotions on the court, is crucial.. just my two cents worth.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Emma was as cool as a cucumber and deserved her win
Coco's main problem again was her Fhand until that gets fixed, she just cracks under pressure with it time and time again
Remember that Coco went out in the 1st round last year at Wimbledon by Kenin

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Womens bottom half of the draw is wide open,

Q Miss Sun v D.Vekic a match I feel Miss Sun can win she hit 52 winners against Miss Emma,
The calm and cool Emma Navarro vs Jazz Paolini, Jazz will need to cut down on her UFE or else she will be going out

Last edited:

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
We're also in a very weak era of women's tennis and there really isn't a transcendant talent. There really isn't much difference in the level of talent between a high school, college, or WTA player.

Pre-1994, no college tennis player was going to keep up with the likes of Navratilova, Graf, Seles, etc.

Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
We're also in a very weak era of women's tennis and there really isn't a transcendant talent. There really isn't much difference in the level of talent between a high school, college, or WTA player.

Pre-1994, no college tennis player was going to keep up with the likes of Navratilova, Graf, Seles, etc.
For goodness sakes we cannot compare different era's to begin with there are soo many variables
Saying we are in a very weak era is really demeaning to the the current players on the WTA tour quite frankly

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Who would have thought that these 4 players, one of them is going to make the Wimbledon final at the start of this tournament

Miss Lulu Sun
Donna Vekic
Jaz Paolini
Emma Navarro

• Wow

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
For goodness sakes we cannot compare different era's to begin with there are soo many variables
Saying we are in a very weak era is really demeaning to the the current players on the WTA tour quite frankly
I dont think he is saying that. He is saying the opposite. He is saying the college tennis players of today are so much more advance because these players are coming from overseas are pro players playing collegian sports especially tennis. IMO.. @PhiEaglesfan712 please correct me if I have it incorrect

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Miss Emma says she is happy with her play this week defeating 2 top ten players? whatever Emma

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I dont think he is saying that. He is saying the opposite. He is saying the college tennis players of today are so much more advance because these players are coming from overseas are pro players playing collegian sports especially tennis. IMO.. @PhiEaglesfan712 please correct me if I have it incorrect
He has stated before we are in a weak era and also Iga Swaitek isnt a true no 1 player, I did say I would post Iga's stats? Iga has some of the best stats, just a foolish statement,

Last edited:

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Jasmine is the most experienced player left from that side of the draw.I hope she is ready because these girls are ready for whatever.

Reactions: kskate2

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Jasmine is the most experienced player left from that side of the draw.I hope she is ready because these girls are ready for whatever.
I would not dismiss Miss Sun she can play good grass tennis and she had 52 winners today in her match against Miss Emma

Status
Not open for further replies.