2024 Olympic Games [Men] - Stade Roland Garros/Clay

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
Another good win as Matteo Arnaldi defeats the 14th seed Fils 64 76(7)
Forza Arnaldi!
Arnaldi seems to be the kryptonite for Fils. He got him at the first round of the French Open and now here at the Olympics. Fils has otherwise been very good this summer when he hasn't had to face Arnaldi. I still think Fils can make a deep run at the US Open (if he doesn't have to face Arnaldi along the way).

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
One thing I really enjoy with today’s players, put together they take about half the time between points of either Novak or Rafa. These two old gaffers between point antics is interminable.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Novak was never going to lose to this version of Rafa. Novak's level dropped this year, but Rafa's level of play dropped much more.
Agreed. I saw Rafa for three games and then he went away. The commentators (who were terrible) mentioned that this would be Rafa’s last competitive singles match?? I thought he had planned to play one more event, but I forget where.

Novak looked pretty good today. With regard to tennis, I don’t think the Gold medal counts for much, but it means a lot to him. Hope he can achieve his dream.