2024 Men's Wimbledon Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Tsitsipas was impressively tweeting deep thoughts while simultaneously playing his 1st round match today

" To live a fabulous life, one must dare to dream, to take riska and to step gracefully beyond comfort zones".

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I dont understand why FAA match is halted because of darkness but Fritz is still playing
Dont ask me, there are some matches still in progress, others have been suspended on the outside courts
Might be a blessing in disguise for FAA in the long run come back tomorrow refreshed

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Dont ask me, there are some matches still in progress, others have been suspended on the outside courts
Might be a blessing in disguise for FAA in the long run come back tomorrow refreshed
Felix may regret blowing those easy mps

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I just dont understand how they do things with that club. remember 11-9 Novak over Rafa in the semis.. incredible

• Angry
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Felix may regret blowing those easy mps
Yep also some of the lighting on those outside courts arent great, personally speaking I would prefer my match to be suspended, a lot of these matches starting late was due to the rain delays

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Yep also some of the lighting on those outside courts arent great, personally speaking I would prefer my match to be suspended, a lot of these matches starting late was due to the rain delays
I bet they agreed to stop play.. I would not have with a lead. Maybe Nick will take his BF out for some beers tonight to chat

• Haha
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I watched a bit of the Korda-Perricard match and wasn't impressed. I haven't watched much Korda, but at least in the 15 minutes I watched, he seemed a bit...listless? I don't know, there's just a vibe and swagger that champions have, and he didn't have it.
He never had that. He was building in that direction a while back and then injured his wrist… the recovery took a long time and he was never the same player after. Doubt he ever will be. Pretty game, but a big hitter playing in form, will send him home every time.

Reactions: Moxie and El Dude

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
He never had that. He was building in that direction a while back and then injured his wrist… the recovery took a long time and he was never the same player after. Doubt he ever will be. Pretty game, but a big hitter playing in form, will send him home every time.
Ir was also Korda's back to back defeats in his round 1 matches at Wimbledon this year, to me he goes away mentally when needed.

Reactions: nehmeth

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Patchy play from JD. He said afterward he was nervy in spots. Centre Court, UK’s new #1, with real potential to win it one day - maybe that was weighing on him a little.
Agree first time on CC in front of his home crowd a tough first ask
Jack didnt play Wimbledon last year, injured ( shoulder)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.