2024 Men's Wimbledon Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I also wondered if it was his first time on Centre Court. Then I hunted and found it was not. He took a set off of Novak on CC in 2021.
Okay according to my commies it was Jack's first time on CC they need to do their homework lol!

Reactions: nehmeth

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Some wonderful comments from Jack Daper,

"I wouldn't here without Andy Murray" well said young man!

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
Kok is such a disappointment; probably the same w/ most Aussies! de Minaur is holding them all up! :face-with-hand-over-mouth: :astonished-face: :fearful-face: :face-with-tears-of-joy:

giphy.gif

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Seeing Andy Murray missed out playing his final singles match on CC
It wold not
Kok is such a disappointment; probably the same w/ most Aussies! de Minaur is holding them all up! :face-with-hand-over-mouth: :astonished-face: :fearful-face: :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Plrease explain why Kok is such a disapointment for starters are you aware of his injury and sickness history for starters?
I dont think so when you do you might post it for starters, move on!
Get your facts straight for starters, !

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The Frenchman Perricard is touted as a Top Ten talent, 51 Aces in a five set win over Seb Korda
Personally speaking I feel that predication at present is a tad premature
He came into the main draw as a LL, he didnt make it through qualies at Wimbledon this year

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The Frenchman Perricard is touted as a Top Ten talent, 51 Aces in a five set win over Seb Korda
Personally speaking I feel that predication at present is a tad premature
He came into the main draw as a LL, he didnt make it through qualies at Wimbledon this year
I'm not suprised he took out Korda. When you wrote that Fokina is out and Perricard will play against Sebastian I knew it's a potential upset. I just didn't have the guts to change it in my draw.

Is he a top 10 talent or not, it's too early to say.

Reactions: Moxie

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rublev hit it 4 or 5 times; 1 to the right & several to the left knee! What a whacko! I'd rather break the racket over injuring a meniscus! :fearful-face: :face-with-hand-over-mouth: :face-with-tears-of-joy:
Rublev's game is trash at the moment. At present he can lose to anybody, which was not the case before this season. Ironically, he played his best tennis this year when he was ill in Madrid.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm not suprised he took out Korda. When you wrote that Fokina is out and Perricard will play against Sebastian I knew it's a potential upset. I just didn't have the guts to change it in my draw.

Is he a top 10 talent or not, it's too early to say.
Agree Don,
I mean just he didnt make through qualies and came in as a LL, talent is there, too early to say, lets see what he does for the rest of the year, gee he would be a wonderful basketballer if someone wants to pick him up on his height alone :)

Reactions: don_fabio

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Rublev's game is trash at the moment. At present he can lose to anybody, which was not the case before this season. Ironically, he played his best tennis this year when he was ill in Madrid.
Agree Don,
I mean just he didnt make through qualies and came in as a LL, talent is there, too early to say, lets see what he does for the rest of the year, gee he would be a wonderful basketballer if someone wants to pick him up on his height alone :)
Perricard moves well for a big man but he's no Marat Safin from the baseline.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Marat being a big man moved fantastic pity about him being a head case, he should have won more GS and dont start me on his sister Safina head cases seem to run in that family, she drove me to drink and drugs at times :)

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
People remember Marat as a big man, but he was only 6'4" which is not that big, by today's standards. Perricard is like 6'8". I like him. He seems nothing like Safin, to me.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
People remember Marat as a big man, but he was only 6'4" which is not that big, by today's standards. Perricard is like 6'8". I like him. He seems nothing like Safin, to me.
I think AP was talking about his movement comparing him to Perricord, Marat was a big unit, build wise, and a great mover, I see your point to me he is not like Safin and I was mentioning people have touted him as a Top Ten player, way to early to predict that type of hype

Last edited:
Reactions: the AntiPusher

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Sinner v. Berrettini. Who wins? Considering Matteo’s prowess on grass, is it an upset if he takes the match? Picking Jannik in four

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
Rublev just isn't built for Bo5 tennis. That was clear even before this season. He's even had some favorable draws at the slams (like 2022 FO), and he failed to take advantage. He has a clear mental block, which especially gets exposed at the slams.

Reactions: Fiero425

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Sinner v. Berrettini. Who wins? Considering Matteo’s prowess on grass, is it an upset if he takes the match? Picking Jannik in four
He's in no condition to take on Bean at this stage of his return. Couldn't close the deal in Stuttgart, had a letdown in Halle.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Sinner has a stronger game at the baseline than Matteo, he also moves better off both wings, also he is one of the best returners in the game, he will pounce on Matteo's 2nd serve, I have always thought Sinner has more upside to his game than Matteo, though I know on grass, Sinner wont take Matteo lightly at all,
BTW Sinner has a winning H2H against the other Italian players

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Andy Murray and Emma Raducanu to play mix doubles at Wimbledon, they have received a wild card,. I dont think Emma has ever play doubles lol!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.