Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
No play before 12.15pm, though play will start on CC and court 1 with roofs

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Sinner has a stronger game at the baseline than Matteo, he also moves better off both wings, also he is one of the best returners in the game, he will pounce on Matteo's 2nd serve, I have always thought Sinner has more upside to his game than Matteo, though I know on grass, Sinner wont take Matteo lightly at all,
BTW Sinner has a winning H2H against the other Italian players
In essence you're saying, Sinner is the Italian Prince "that was promised", Matteo is the Hugo Boss model who plays tennis BETTER than most at times.

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
In essence you're saying, Sinner is the Italian Prince "that was promised", Matteo is the Hugo Boss model who plays tennis BETTER than most at times.
Matteo does wear Boss the best, overall Sinner has more upside in his game than Matteo I have always maintained that, Matteo's bhand is his big downfall, and also his movement, he is a big handsome unit, where Sinner is more like a 'gazelle' in his movement around the court.and has a much better return game, after Novak, Sinner is the best returner in the game at present

Reactions: nehmeth

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Even on one leg at 37, Muzz will be a better doubs player on the court than Emma.
Sir Andy Murray keeps himself in slim and fit condition despite the numbers of injuries that has wrecked havoc on his body. Wimbledon has to be one of the hardest places to play because of the extremely cooler climate.

Reactions: kskate2

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Meddy playing on his least fav court at Wimbledon, CC, he loves court 1 as he has never lost there :)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I can't help but notice that it tends to be the ladies that overrate Matteo Berrettini's, ahem, "game."
Hey please explain? I just posted the obvious in Matteo's game, his bhand has always been his downfall, he isnt what you call a great mover, he is a big unit, yes he does have a great serve and can volley and has been to Wimbledon final, though at present his game isnt anyway near that standard where he made the final, yes sad to say injuires have been a cause of that.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I can't help but notice that it tends to be the ladies that overrate Matteo Berrettini's, ahem, "game."
Yes this is true.. His name isnt mentioned in the LOST GEN or any type of loser category. Recently, I tried to put him in the AP's all scrubs team but was overruled by the TFs Supreme Court (MM, Moxie and Keli). Just like with #45, I will have to appeal to a lower court to have Matteo prosecuted for not being serious GS contender.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Yes this is true.. His name isnt mentioned in the LOST GEN or any type of loser category. Recently, I tried to put him in the AP's all scrubs team but was overruled by the TFs Supreme Court (MM, Moxie and Keli). Just like with #45, I will have to appeal to a lower court to have Matteo prosecuted for not being serious GS contender.
Are you saying Matteo is a serious contender to win Wimbledon this year? come on be serious.
BTW If my memory serves me correct which it does most of the time you have also stated about Matteo's bhand and his lack of movement? lol!
Nothing much gets past moi :)

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Are you saying Matteo is a serious contender to win Wimbledon this year? come on be serious.
BTW If my memory serves me correct which it does most of the time you have also stated about Matteo's bhand and his lack of movement? lol!
Heck no! I am saying the pure opposite. I'm saying that Matteo SHOULD have NEVER been consider to be a serious contender. His game is too predictable and he is extremely overrated. All you have to do is break his serve and stay on his bh which will break down due to his lack of footwork. I think he is a good tennis player but not a great one.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Heck no! I am saying the pure opposite. I'm saying that Matteo SHOULD have NEVER been consider to be a serious contender. His game is too predictable and he is extremely overrated. All you have to do is break his serve and stay on his bh which will break down due to his lack of footwork. I think he is a good tennis player but not a great one.
Thanks for the clarification, I need another strong coffee, sad to say injuries have interrupted his career, and he has never got back to the level when he did make the Wimby final, in ways his game is suited to grass, yes he is a good player but not a great one,

Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
See the 'curse' has begun on CC,
Meddy has lost the 1st set 76(3) to Muller?
I cant watch Meddy anymore, unless he gets his focus and game together he will be going out in this match, a match he should be winning.
I am going to watch Alcaraz match against the Aussie Vukic, which he should win comfortably

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
See the 'curse' has begun on CC,
Meddy has lost the 1st set 76(3) to Muller?
I cant watch Meddy anymore, unless he gets his focus and game together he will be going out in this match, a match he should be winning.
I am going to watch Alcaraz match against the Aussie Vukic, which he should win comfortably
I just heard Nick Kyrgios refer to Medvedev as "The Slim Reaper." :face-with-tears-of-joy: That's a good one. Yeah, and he's down a break in the 2nd, or was. I'm watching Alcaraz.

Last edited:

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
Hey please explain? I just posted the obvious in Matteo's game, his bhand has always been his downfall, he isnt what you call a great mover, he is a big unit, yes he does have a great serve and can volley and has been to Wimbledon final, though at present his game isnt anyway near that standard where he made the final, yes sad to say injuires have been a cause of that.
I'm mainly jesting, saying that the Berrettini obsession is a bit like "Kournikova-mania" back in the day.

That said, it is easy to underrate such players with "off-court appeal." Kournikova was actually a pretty good player, and iirc her career got derailed by various stuff - including her status as a sex symbol. Similarly, Berrettini was definitely in the mix there for a few years - not in the true elite, but definitely in the "second tier" zone. He reached two SF and one Slam F, losing to Rafa in both SFs and Novak in the final. No shame in that. He even took a set off Rafa in the second semi, and one off Novak in the final.

I see him in a similar category as Hurkacz and Rublev: not quite enough to win a Slam except in a lucky scenario, but definitely a potential spoiler. He's one of the better players on tour not to win a Masters.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm mainly jesting, saying that the Berrettini obsession is a bit like "Kournikova-mania" back in the day.

That said, it is easy to underrate such players with "off-court appeal." Kournikova was actually a pretty good player, and iirc her career got derailed by various stuff - including her status as a sex symbol. Similarly, Berrettini was definitely in the mix there for a few years - not in the true elite, but definitely in the "second tier" zone. He reached two SF and one Slam F, losing to Rafa in both SFs and Novak in the final. No shame in that. He even took a set off Rafa in the second semi, and one off Novak in the final.

I see him in a similar category as Hurkacz and Rublev: not quite enough to win a Slam except in a lucky scenario, but definitely a potential spoiler. He's one of the better players on tour not to win a Masters.
Now, we do have fun with Matteo's good looks, and K's nickname for him, Babycakes, but it was Nehmeth calling for the potential "upset" (he wonders) over Sinner, a page or two back. Anyway, I think you have a short memory. Not for stats, but for the real game, in this case. I saw him and JM del Potro each play on Armstrong at the USO, (meaning up fairly close) and Berrettini reminds me of JMDP...big guy, big hitter, lots of game. And also like JMDP, he's had very bad luck with injury, and with illness, too. It's easy to think of him as more middling if you think of the past few years, but the guy has barely strung together more than a few tournaments without something else going wrong. So...I object! :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Alcaraz was up 5-2 in the first, then took the scenic route to the set via tiebreak. Vukic is patchy, but sometimes effective, and Carlos did go a bit walkabout mentally at 5-2. Medvedev, recovered the break, and, it seems a lot of scares, to win the 2nd in a TB and even his match v. Muller at a set a piece.

Reactions: Fiero425

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
MM..I see Keli @kskate2 was incorrect about big Foe going home soon.. jajaja.. Nah, it was myself who made that bad analysis.. I think I will cease all further predictions since I am this board's version of Jon Snow.. " You Know Nothing, Jon Snow" !! jajaja

• Haha
Reactions: kskate2 and Moxie
Status
Not open for further replies.