2024 Men's Wimbledon Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I watched a bit of the Korda-Perricard match and wasn't impressed. I haven't watched much Korda, but at least in the 15 minutes I watched, he seemed a bit...listless? I don't know, there's just a vibe and swagger that champions have, and he didn't have it.
I know at one stage in the match he had abdominal issues had the trainer out, not making excuses for him, mentally at times he just dosent have it and goes away in matches.

Reactions: El Dude

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Djokovic played well today. Moved well. Was very relaxed, he said due to expectations being low.

Thankfully he didn’t pull a President Biden, where expectations were also low. :facepalm:
No 122 Comesana d No 6 Rublev 64 57 62 76(5) for the first grass court win of his career
Rublev a QF in 2023 is the first Top 10 to lose on the men's draw
Again he needs to seek help mentally, his knee will need some time to recover after his racket clobbered it numerous times,
My two daughters when they were were toddlers were more mature than Rublev.. What a real sissy he is.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
My two daughters when they were were toddlers were more mature than Rublev.. What a real sissy he is.
He needs to control his temper full stop, at present he refuses to acknowledge he has a problem, fans looking at him abusing his body parts what must they think for starters? he dosent portray someone who is in control of himself for starters.

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
My takeaways:

Nice comeback from Mr. Seyboth Wild.

First big upset in Andrey "Mr Quarterfinals" Rublev.

Korda continues to disappoint - I think at this point he probably is what he is, a #15-30 type.

Perricard continues to rise.

Novak...as expected. Y'all are writing him off too soon. He's literally just seven months from maybe his third or fourth best season. I know the Nadalites desperately want to see him lose, but come on: extend him the same respect you ask for, for Rafa.
Third or fourth best season, losing out on a CYGS by a couple games in a tight fifth set? I don't know--that was closer than in 2011 and lost in straights in 2015 under pressure in New York. I would think it was his second best season, no?

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
I dunno, Rublev is what he is: a very good player, but not an elite one. He's the Berdych/Tsonga type of this generation, and belongs more with Hurkacz and Ruud than he does Zverev and Tsitsipas (both of whom are elite talents, but of the Fool's Gold variety).

What is somewhat weird about Rublev is his maxed out QF results at Slams. I mean, you'd think he'd have slipped in a few SFs by now among his ten QF losses. Here's the players he lost to in the ten QFs:

Nadal
Tsitsipas
Medvedev x3
Cilic
Tiafoe
Djokovic x2
Sinner

For the most part, those are elite guys - and the only name that stands out as an inferior player is Tiafoe.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
He needs to control his temper full stop, at present he refuses to acknowledge he has a problem, fans looking at him abusing his body parts what must they think for starters? he dosent portray someone who is in control of himself for starters.
Isnt that a pure definition of a child

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I dunno, Rublev is what he is: a very good player, but not an elite one. He's the Berdych/Tsonga type of this generation, and belongs more with Hurkacz and Ruud than he does Zverev and Tsitsipas (both of whom are elite talents, but of the Fool's Gold variety).

What is somewhat weird about Rublev is his maxed out QF results at Slams. I mean, you'd think he'd have slipped in a few SFs by now among his ten QF losses. Here's the players he lost to in the ten QFs:

Nadal
Tsitsipas
Medvedev x3
Cilic
Tiafoe
Djokovic x2
Maybe we should call him ATP Andre.. He can win a Non Fedal or Nadovic attended master series 1000 final but is a non factor at the end ( last 2 rounds) of a GS Fortnight unlike JowillieTs or Berdych. Both of the former players were solid ATP Citizen whereas Rublev is the current top of the ATP villains list.

Last edited:

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
Maybe we should call him ATP Andre.. He can win a Non Fedal or Nadovic attended master series 1000 final but is a non factor at the end of a GS Fortnight unlike JowillieTs or Berdych. Both of the former players were solid ATP Citizen whereas Rublev is the current top of the ATP villains list.
Ha, I agree except for the last part. Rublev a villain? I don't know, he's tempestuous but it is sort of cute. It doesn't seem nasty - just to himself. And he's not annoying obnoxious or overly full of himself like Shelton.

Reactions: Moxie

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Ha, I agree except for the last part. Rublev a villain? I don't know, he's tempestuous but it is sort of cute. It doesn't seem nasty - just to himself. And he's not annoying obnoxious or overly full of himself like Shelton.
Shelton is annoying.. Did you see Renee Stubbs face when he was jumping around afterwards his 5 set victory .. She was like dude.. you won a match that you were suppose to win. Did you see big Frenchie, he was like ok, work completed for the day and on to the next one.

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
Shelton is annoying.. Did you see Renee Stubbs face when he was jumping around afterwards his 5 set victory .. She was like dude.. you won a match that you were suppose to win. Did you see big Frenchie, he was like ok, work completed for the day and on to the next one.
Is Perricard big Frenchie? Talk about impassive.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
@MargaretMcAleer Getting back to Mikeal Ymer.. Is he banned from attending any ATP/WTA tennis matches? E.g. Let's say he has a partner who plays on the tour. Is he not allowed to be in attendance?

• Haha
Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
@MargaretMcAleer Getting back to Ymer.. Is he banned from attending any ATP/WTA tennis matches? E.g. Let's say he has a partner who plays on the tour. Is he not allowed to be in attendance?
I tried to get more details through the ITF website as I dont have a apple computer I could not get further details as I could not down load
Code of Conduct did say a player cannot attend matches while suspended, so I would say no to that question, my personal opinion

Reactions: the AntiPusher

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I tried to get more details through the ITF website as I dont have a apple computer I could not get further details as I could not down load
Code of Conduct did say a player cannot attend matches while suspended, so I would say no to that question, my personal opinion
I think you are correct.. Makes sense once I really think about it. thanks MM

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I know at one stage in the match he had abdominal issues had the trainer out, not making excuses for him, mentally at times he just dosent have it and goes away in matches.
Korda just ran into a buzz saw. I think he might have clocked on at 150 mph today

Reactions: Moxie

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I see FAA is playing well against Kyrgios's boyfriend.. Hopefully he can win in straight sets.

Reactions: Fiero425
Status
Not open for further replies.