MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Help Me Andrew Castle on Sinner's match with John Mac time to Mute

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
AP,

I am going to mark Lajal as a player to watch in the future, he has a great serve, solid volleys, moves well, strong on both wings, love his composure on the court as well,
Alcaraz leading 2 sets to love though has been pushed by Lajal, 76(3) 75
Agreed MM

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Sinners level has dropped dramatically in the 3rd set, I thought it would be a straight sets win, Sinner has fallen over twice, once on his hip, his footing all of a sudden disappears, serve gone off, has just got one of the breaks back in the 3rd set
Sinner leading 2 sets to love
Hanfmann leads 4-1 3rd set with Sinner serving
Finally a tough hold for Sinner
Hanfmann leads 4-2
Hanfmann wins the 3rd set and well deserved may I say 6-3
Sinner leads 2 sets to 1, Sinner will have to raise his level, his first serve percentage needs to be higher for starters.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
No 1 court match between Sinner v Hanfmann the roof is closing and Hanfmann has taken a toilet break
Sinner leading 2 sets to 1
Taken 14 mins for the roof to close, play restarted with a warm up and Sinner to serve first in the 4th set
Sinner raised his level and wins the 4th set 63, that was his best set all match
Sinner d Hanfmann 63 64 36 63

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
M.Belluci leading Ben Shelton (14) 2 sets to 1
This match is now suspended due to bad light

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Update on Murray,
Murrays decision will be made tomorrow morning. Wimbledon organizers have given him as late as starts as possible in the 3rd slot on CC
BTW Murray won in practice 6-3 over Edmund earlier today

Last edited:
Reactions: Moxie

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Update on Murray,
Murrays decision will be made tomorrow morning. Wimbledon organizers have given him as late as starts as possible in the 3rd slot on CC
BTW Murray won in practice 6-3 over Edmund earlier today
I would think that Sir Andy will play and at least get his well deserved maybe final bow.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I would think that Sir Andy will play and at least get his well deserved maybe final bow.
Andy does deserve to play one more time on CC, though his opponent Mahac will be tough he has a world class bhand the best I have seen on the tour for sometime, also he has beaten Murray twice already.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Shelton will be able to save a seat on the plane for Tiafoe back to the US later this week
I will have to do more research on my Italian, he does have a good left serve and I think he has been playing challengers, he is 23 yo, he has slipped under my radar.
First time playing the main draw at Wimbledon

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Help Me! this is from Zverev!

"First time that I feel like I'm here to maybe win the title"
"I also do think this is the most open Wimbledon that we maybe have in 20 years"
Lot of talking himself up for someone yet to make a deep run at Wimbledon!

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Help Me! this is from Zverev!

"First time that I feel like I'm here to maybe win the title"
"I also do think this is the most open Wimbledon that we maybe have in 20 years"
Lot of talking himself up for someone yet to make a deep run at Wimbledon!
Well, he's not wrong, completely. I said it was the most open Wimbledon in years, too, and I still think it is. I don't want him to win it...don't get me wrong! :face-with-tears-of-joy:

• Haha
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Well, he's not wrong, completely. I said it was the most open Wimbledon in years, too, and I still think it is. I don't want him to win it...don't get me wrong! :face-with-tears-of-joy:
Please he is sounding like Mats Medicated Wilander,? this is the talk from someone who is mentally unstable and had leads in both GS finals and lost them?
I am moving on :)

• Haha
Reactions: kskate2

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
LOL. He thinks it's open? Duh, it is open to the top 3 players of which he is not. You have the defending and current RG champ, the Oz champ and the 7 time returning champ. Sorry, but it's not really open to anybody beyond these 3. He's had 2 chances to win slams where he didn't have to face the #1 or #2 seed. Still couldn't get it done. There's not a major on this Earth open enough for him to seize the hardware.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
LOL. He thinks it's open? Duh, it is open to the top 3 players of which he is not. You have the defending and current RG champ, the Oz champ and the 7 time returning champ. Sorry, but it's not really open to anybody beyond these 3. He's had 2 chances to win slams where he didn't have to face the #1 or #2 seed. Still couldn't get it done. There's not a major on this Earth open enough for him to seize the hardware.
Oh, believe me, I wasn't talking about him. You know I think he's a Clown Prince, and that, in team competition, he plays for the Manila Folders. I just think that it's unlikely that Djokovic will make it all the way through to the final. Sinner and Alcaraz can't meet in the final. Sinner's draw isn't easy, and frankly, I think Alcaraz's isn't as easy as people think...based on working my way through the draw challenge last night. The top half is the harder one, and not just because Jannik and Carlitos are both in it.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Arnaldi pulling off the Musetti special, blowing a 2-set lead to Frances Tiafoe.
Great win for Frances. First time ever coming from a 2 sets to love deficit. And this coming back from injury.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Another seed gone, Nakashima d Baez (18) 62 63 64
I actually picked both Nakashima and Shapavolov in my draw to go through. Baez is more of a clay guy, and Nakashima has been playing well. While you never know with Shapo, he has a better game for grass, so I kind of rolled the dice on him. So, while they're upsets on paper, they weren't huge surprises.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Oh, believe me, I wasn't talking about him. You know I think he's a Clown Prince, and that, in team competition, he plays for the Manila Folders. I just think that it's unlikely that Djokovic will make it all the way through to the final. Sinner and Alcaraz can't meet in the final. Sinner's draw isn't easy, and frankly, I think Alcaraz's isn't as easy as people think...based on working my way through the draw challenge last night. The top half is the harder one, and not just because Jannik and Carlitos are both in it.
For a minute there I thought Zverev had got to you, I nearly split my expresso on my computer when I read your post

• Haha
Reactions: Moxie
Status
Not open for further replies.