2024 Men's Wimbledon Championships

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Novak received a favorable draw, cant really access his form in match conditions until he plays a couple of matches, though he has looked okay to me in the grass practice sessions he has had before Wimbledon starts.
If Rune faces Novak in the 4th round it should be his best opportunity to pull off the upset

Reactions: Fiero425

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
I see David Goffin lost in qualifying to Monica Bellucci. Understandable really. I guess she just flashed the gash and he fainted :face-with-tears-of-joy:

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I see David Goffin lost in qualifying to Monica Bellucci. Understandable really. I guess she just flashed the gash and he fainted :face-with-tears-of-joy:
giphy.gif

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Mpetshi Perricard has to wait another year to get to play after losing in qualifying unless he manages to sneak in as a lucky loser.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
If Rune faces Novak in the 4th round it should be his best opportunity to pull off the upset
Well at present Rune has not been playing well, he went out in his first match in a pre wimbledon warm up, if he was I could see the upset

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Mpetshi Perricard has to wait another year to get to play after losing in qualifying unless he manages to sneak in as a lucky loser.
With his game especially on grass, I was surprised he didnt make it through qualies

Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Dominik Koepfer has withdrawn due to a left ankle injury, replaced by Luca Van Assche

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Well at present Rune has not been playing well, if he was I could see the upset
MM, Holger gets up for Novak which I dont understand why doesnt everyone else. It something about playing someone at the top of their game that makes a real competitor focus and try not to make UFEs. There's no time to relax or take points off or you will get Swiateked (bageled very quickly). Holger problem just like Keys, they both play down to the level of their competitions. It happens so much at the amateur levels but should not at the pro level. WHO knows why it happens!

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Lost to M. Bellucci. Just thought of the only M. Bellucci I'd ever heard of.
I gotcha.. Fronty. The reason why I inquired. I just watched this old movie "She Hate ME by Spike Lee where Monica was a co star. The movie had a young Kerri Washington and tons of other lovely actresses but Monica's goddess like beauty out shown the other actresses.

Reactions: Front242

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
MM, Holger gets up for Novak which I dont understand why doesnt everyone else. It something about playing someone at the top of their game that makes a real competitor focus and try not to make UFEs. There's no time to relax or take points off or you will get Swiateked (bageled very quickly). Holger problem just like Keys, they both play down to the level of their competitions. It happens so much at the amateur levels but should not at the pro level. WHO knows why it happens!
Take your point about Holger getting up to play Novak and the top players etc, though have you watched his game recently? his decision making, shot selection at times makes my head hurt, he also needs to concentrate on his fitness level, yes he is talented and I honestly hope he reaches his full potential, presently he is just not there.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Andy Murray will make a decision tomorrow evening whether he will play Wimbledon.But he just told BBC Sport " If I can improve a little bit again tomorrow there's a chance but I think it's more likely I wont play singles if I being honest right now"
Note: Andy and his brother Jamie have received wild card into the doubles.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Take your point about Holger getting up to play Novak and the top players etc, though have you watched his game recently? his decision making, shot selection at times makes my head hurt, he also needs to concentrate on his fitness level, yes he is talented and I honestly hope he reaches his full potential, presently he is just not there.
I cant go there with you in regards to how Holger has been playing .. Its just an observation whenever he plays against Novak or top players previously he had been able to raise his game for their encounters.

Last edited:
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Fronty if you are still around,

Davidovich Fokina has withdrawn due to a back injury and will be replaced by Mpetshi Perricard ( LL will play against Korda)
Great news. Thanks Margaret! Not great for Davidovich Fokina obviously and that's not what I meant but seeing as he can't play, it's nice to see Mpetshi Perricard get another chance.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Carlos Alcaraz about to walk out on CC for his first round match! opening his title defense