2024 Men's Wimbledon Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
He did that to Sinner in their French semi and Zverev in the final. He has a ‘5th gear’ that is a level above everyone else. My chin gets rug burn watching some of his matches. :lol6:
Yep he has this 'higher ceiling' not many players have it, at such a young age, at times I dont know if he knows how great he his? still JCF I know will keep him grounded
Another thing I love about him if he does make a mistake he smiles and then says let me try another shot and Wham lol!

Reactions: nehmeth

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yep he has this 'higher ceiling' not many players have it, at such a young age, at times I dont know if he knows how great he his? still JCF I know will keep him grounded
Another thing I love about him if he does make a mistake he smiles and then says let me try another shot and Wham lol!
Early in the 1st set today, v. Paul, Carlos was having a hard time holding his serve, and tried the tweener. It didn't work, and he just laughed at himself. Genuinely laughing. He plays with the kind of exuberance that say, Monfils has, but everyone has complained that Gael has sacrificed his results for it. Maybe Kyrgios, too. But Alacarz can do that, and have the results. That's what makes him a super-nova.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
De Minaur's superpower is his movement. Djokovic's kryptonite right now is his knee, and his movement to the right, especially. His inability to win rallies that go much longer than 5. De Minaur has to employ his superpower.
Novak loves that super power of Alex. He will be allowed to stand at the baseline and dictate the rallies without any pressure. Novak knows God has created ONLY a few humans that can battle with him but even less who are READY to die on Centre court..I hope you're correct because that's what it's gonna have to take beyond his super power.

Reactions: nehmeth

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
I feel the difference between Rafa and Carlos at 19, 20, 21 is that Rafa knew how great he can be. Carlos sometimes loses focus against lower competition, especially at the 250s and 500s. You never saw that with Rafa.

Reactions: the AntiPusher

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Alex heard a crack when he was playing Fils. They told him if he steps out on court, the chances of him making it worse are high. He knew the MRI results yesterday. What does that raise the number to of ladies and gents injured this tournament? :facepalm:

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Oh well, Djokovic gets the expected "walkover" as de Minaur can't bring it! Novak's breaking records each time he goes out there! Another Wimbledon SF for the old guy! He's getting a much needed rest day! I don't think he needs the work! "See ya Friday NOLE!" :fearful-face: :face-with-head-bandage::face-with-hand-over-mouth:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Alex has withdrawn from the match so another great day for Novak...
Just read the news, how sad, Alex was having the best grass season as well., further reading Alex will probably miss playing the Olympics as well
Last news I read he said he would be able to play, I didnt have a chance yesterday to read any up to date news or that he was having a MRI scan

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I feel the difference between Rafa and Carlos at 19, 20, 21 is that Rafa knew how great he can be. Carlos sometimes loses focus against lower competition, especially at the 250s and 500s. You never saw that with Rafa.
I was talking at GS level if you read my conversation correctly regarding Carlos okay, mainly in his match against Tiafoe
I never thought Rafa knew how great he could be quite frankly he never came over as a person who thought he was great or special even to this very day, and I have followed Rafa since he first came on the tour,.I dont know how you perceived that impression of Rafa to begin with.

Last edited:

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Just read the news, how sad, Alex was having the best grass season as well., further reading Alex will probably miss playing the Olympics as well
Last news I read he said he would be able to play, I didnt have a chance yesterday to read any up to date news

"I'm devastated, but I had to pull out due to a hip injury, a little tear of the fiber cartilage that is at the end to the adductor," De Minaur said. "I felt a loud crack during the last three points of my match against Fils and got a scan yesterday and it confirms that this was the injury. [There is] a high risk of making it worse if I was to step on court.". (Alex de Minaur)

He said that he knew yesterday but was hoping for some kind of miracle (his words).

• Sad
Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
"I'm devastated, but I had to pull out due to a hip injury, a little tear of the fiber cartilage that is at the end to the adductor," De Minaur said. "I felt a loud crack during the last three points of my match against Fils and got a scan yesterday and it confirms that this was the injury. [There is] a high risk of making it worse if I was to step on court.". (Alex de Minaur)

He said that he knew yesterday but was hoping for some kind of miracle (his words).
I didnt get to read any up to date news, I didnt even know he had a MRI scan, he was having the best Wimbledon ever and rose to No 6 in the rankings because of it, he may miss the Olympics now as well.Just sad news.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rob,
This has to be the 'worse Championships' for players with injuries, knee injuries and withdrawals, that I can remember, now with Alex and his injury and withdrawal, we have had players withdraw from the womens as well, either with viral sickness, or injury.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just looking at the withdrawals in Novak's half due to injuries,
Hubu knee withdrawal
Zverev defeated but played with one leg and a knee brace due to a bad fall in his previous match and now is having further MRIs, they think he could have a hair line fracture in his knee cap
De Minaur withdrawal due to crack in his hip
Unbelievable!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Surely Fritz vs Musetti match could be moved to CC now as both ladies QF matches finished at the same time?
Apparently 2 doubles matches were scheduled on CC following the withdrawal of De Minaur against Djokovic
So the match between Musetti v Fritz remains on schedule at court no 1

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Lorenzo you have to tidy up your bhand for starters in this match, too many errors for starters

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Where did you read that news that Alex is worried? sorry that is not the case at all, I dont expect him to withdraw at all, it was a slight jarring to his hip, plenty of ice and physio does wonders for a jarrring, he has 24 hours to recover,

Well, clearly you still have no idea how the Djokovic lucky draw generator works after all these years. I didn’t need to read news. I just looked at the very worried face of De Minaur right after matchpoint. I’ll be waiting for your apology. :bye:

Status
Not open for further replies.