2024 Men's Wimbledon Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Well, clearly you still have no idea how the Djokovic lucky draw generator works after all these years. I didn’t need to read news. I just looked at the very worried face of De Minaur right after matchpoint. I’ll be waiting for your apology. :bye:
I dont have to apologize, the latest news I read was he would try to be on court, I didnt get to read any news yesterday, I didnt know he was going for a MRI, as I have to go to work for a few hours as there was an emergency at the hospital where I work.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Fritz wins the 1st set 63 Musetti too many ufe on his bhand
Quite frankly not a clean 1st set of tennis by either player
Fritz W 4 UFE 11
Musetti W 5 UFE 15

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
BTW unless Fritz reaches the final, Alex de Minaur will enter the ATP top 6. He is also amongst just a handful of players born in the mid to late 1990's to have made GS QFs on all sufaces

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Musetti is a far better match up for Novak than Fritz. Novak is 5-1 vs the Italian.. Fritz is 0-9 vs the Serbian Slayer. Taylor would have to serve over 75 percent first serves and less than 6 UFEs per set to have a chance of staying close to Novak. IN MY OPINION

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Musetti is a far better match up for Novak than Fritz. Novak is 5-1 vs the Italian.. Fritz is 0-9 vs the Serbian Slayer. Taylor would have to serve over 75 percent first serves and less than 6 UFEs per set to have a chance of staying close to Novak. IN MY OPINION
Do you really think, Lorenzo can be a head case and go off his game, I feel on clay Lorenzo would have a better chance
Also seeing Novak has 3 days off could go against him

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Musetti has to win this 2nd set to have a chance in this match up, 5 all at present
TB for the 2nd set

Last edited:
Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Finally Lorenzo has found his bhand in the TB and leads 4-2 over Fritz
Dont Stuff this Up Lorenzo
Lorenzo with 3 SP
Sealed with an Ace and Lorenzo wins the 2nd set 76(5)
1 set all

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Do you really think, Lorenzo can be a head case and go off his game, I feel on clay Lorenzo would have a better chance
Also seeing Novak has 3 days off could go against him
Taylor would have to play and execute exactly as Paul Accacone will tell him but Fritz may have reached the plateau of his talent. I dont think he has the belief he can beat Novak.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Taylor would have to play and execute exactly as Paul Accacone will tell him but Fritz may have reached the plateau of his talent. I dont think he has the belief he can beat Novak.
Point take with Fritz, though Novak leads Musetti 5-1, the only win Musetti had was on clay in MC in 2023
Anyway Musetti has won the 2nd set in a TB and found his bhand , 1 set all now

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Musetti's ripping the ball making Fritz work! After taking 2nd set TB, he's up a break in the 3rd! I know I don't watch a lot of tennis, but for some reason Lorenzo looks thin & gaunt! I thought he was more like Ferrer! Was he sick or am I wrong? :face-with-head-bandage: :face-with-hand-over-mouth: :astonished-face: :fearful-face: :yawningface:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Well Lorenzo gets a early break in the 3rd set, he has the game to upset Fritz he just has to keep to his game plan and not go walk about, he takes the ball on and he is aggressive, though early days yet
I felt he had to win the 2nd set to stay in this match up and he did lol! I know he surprises me at times

• Haha

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Musetti's ripping the ball making Fritz work! After taking 2nd set TB, he's up a break in the 3rd! I know I don't watch a lot of tennis, but for some reason Lorenzo looks thin & gaunt! I thought he was more like Ferrer! Was he sick or am I wrong? :face-with-head-bandage: :face-with-hand-over-mouth: :astonished-face: :fearful-face: :yawningface:
Clearly you dont watch a lot of tennis, :Lorenzo has always had a thin frame to start with? more like Ferrer LOL! I suggest you try to watch his game, quite the opposite lol!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
When Lorenzo finds his bhand slice causing problems to Fritz, who dosent take re-;slicing or coming forward to short ones
Lorenzo breaks again leading 4-1 3rd set and about to serve, now leading 5-1 3rd set
Come on keep this level up'
Forza Musetti

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Musetti leading Fritz 2 sets to 1, just won the 3rd set 62
Musetti Forza! lets keep your eyes on the prize Capice!

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
Novak's run to the SF:
1R: qualifier Vit Kopriva, career high #111
2R: wildcard Jacob Fearnley, career high #271
3R: Alexei Popyrin, career high #38
4R: Holger Rune, career high #4, current #15
QF: walkover

Popyrin is a decent player and for a bit there it looked like he had a chance at the top 20. Rune is Rune, but has stuff to work on.

Anyhow, it is quite an easy path to reach a Slam SF. He lost a set to both Fearnley (!) and Popyrin, so I'd suggest that it is hard to assess what his actual level is. I wouldn't be surprised if he's either blown away by Alcaraz or loses in a war of attrition to Medvedev. He probably needs a strong opposition from Fritz/Musetti to really test where he's at.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I dont have to apologize, the latest news I read was he would try to be on court, I didnt get to read any news yesterday, I didnt know he was going for a MRI, as I have to go to work for a few hours as there was an emergency at the hospital where I work.

I accept your apology. :bye:

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Musetti is kinda humiliating da male model.

Status
Not open for further replies.