2024 Men's Wimbledon Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I don't think it's that far out the box to give D-Minor the slight edge. Holger has the game to move him around, but didn't get the memo. Poppy and dude from R2 even took sets off him. I'm sure D will get the memo, will his fitness allow him to be a gnat in Djoke's face?
De Minaur's game is to be that gnat. Like you said, Rune didn't get the memo. Alex should feel he's got a chance, if he can test the knee, and drive him crazy.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Holger and his shot selections for starters? dismal in that match for starters,.yes has the game,honestly he was just out of his depth in that match
Alex always moves his opponents around the court, I am certain that Hewitt has given him a game plan, it is up to Alex to execute it
I forgot that Hewitt is in his corner. Hewitt is the perfect guy to give him a game plan to beat Novak...if Alex can execute.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I forgot that Hewitt is in his corner. Hewitt is the perfect guy to give him a game plan to beat Novak...if Alex can execute.
Yep, Hewitt always goes to the GS, he likes to keep an eye on his players for DC

Reactions: Moxie

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Does Jannik have what his gf had yesterday? She had to retire because she was ill.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Order of Play for Wimbledon, Day 10 QF Round, July 10, 2024

1720574278698.png

1720574312340.png

1720574406885.png

Reactions: AnonymousFan

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yep, Hewitt always goes to the GS, he likes to keep an eye on his players for DC
But I can also see why he'd have a helpful game plan for Alex. Rusty isn't a big guy, but he went a long way on athleticism and heart. I saw Hewitt play on Grandstand at the USO late in his career, meaning close-up. I was surprised at how strong and fit he was, and how quickly he moved. He makes a good mentor for Alex. They have similar strengths.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
He is a piece of work. I just watched PTI talking about it. Wilbon was like, who are you to tell the fans who to cheer for? Go out there, do your job and move on. All this does is reinforce what we've always known, he's tired of being the bridesmaid. Fedal and Muzz aren't even in the tourney and yet he's whining about people cheering for his opponent. Boy, please grow up already.
Wilbon really went in on Novak.. He said he hopes gets beat 6-0 6-0 6-0 but he said that it most likely isnt going to happen. Pretty much said Novak has made himself into an even more unsufferable jerk post tennis ball umpire lady hitting and fake vaccine immunization card.

Reactions: Fiero425 and Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
These hallowed grounds as they call it has definitely claimed a high # of scalps this year.
To some extent, but Alcaraz and Djokovic are still in. And only one of Alcaraz and Sinner was going to get out of the top half. Hurkacz was a surprise, but he went out injured, and sort of the same with Zverev. But Ruud wasn't a surprise. Nor, really was Tsitsipas. Dimitrov also got hurt, but he was a pretty dark horse. Who actually got scalped?

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
It takes a silver bullet to kill a werewolf. it takes a stake to kill a vampire.. It takes weapons and the ability to be willing to die on the court to slay Novak. Alex doesnt have neither.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Alcaraz could defend his title but he looks and is playing like his exhausted .

Reactions: Fiero425

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It takes a silver bullet to kill a werewolf. it takes a stake to kill a vampire.. It takes weapons and the ability to be willing to die on the court to slay Novak. Alex doesnt have neither.
De Minaur's superpower is his movement. Djokovic's kryptonite right now is his knee, and his movement to the right, especially. His inability to win rallies that go much longer than 5. De Minaur has to employ his superpower.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Alcaraz could defend his title but he looks and is playing like his exhausted .
What about his play today made you think he looked exhausted? I thought he got fresher and fresher v. Tommy.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
To some extent, but Alcaraz and Djokovic are still in. And only one of Alcaraz and Sinner was going to get out of the top half. Hurkacz was a surprise, but he went out injured, and sort of the same with Zverev. But Ruud wasn't a surprise. Nor, really was Tsitsipas. Dimitrov also got hurt, but he was a pretty dark horse. Who actually got scalped?
I'm looking at the whole tourney. Men and women. Between whatever is floating around the locker rooms to this ice rink lawn, it's claimed a lot of scalps.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
What about his play today made you think he looked exhausted? I thought he got fresher and fresher v. Tommy.
He started very slow and he cannot afford to do that against Meddy or Djoko..

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Alcaraz has weapons if he is down he just goes to his weapons box, I mean look at the way he beat Tiafoe, in the 5th set, people thought Carlos was going to lose, he has the Champions mentality, the kid at times has ice through his veins, he goes for broke and knows he can, I just sat back and said Wow

Reactions: Moxie and nehmeth

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm looking at the whole tourney. Men and women. Between whatever is floating around the locker rooms to this ice rink lawn, it's claimed a lot of scalps.
There has been a bad virus going around, look at the dismal weather, it is more like Winter than Summer

Reactions: kskate2

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I respect your opinion... If you take Roger at his absolute PRIME.. ( I think El Dude had it probably 2004-2012) Rafa's PRIME (2007-2015) Novak was in those same ERA.. what was Novak's record vs those two. Do you feel Novak would have beaten those guys at GSs in their prime? if not I dont think his stats would make him the greatest ever. Just my two cents worth
I would take a moment and step away from the slam count and look at the Masters 1000 wins. Novak is one win away from a career 3 Golden Masters. Neither Federer nor Nadal even have 1. Add to that the fact that he owns the record of 7 ATP year end wins. The whole fitting players into other players primes is conjecture at best.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Alcaraz has weapons if he is down he just goes to his weapons box, I mean look at the way he beat Tiafoe, in the 5th set, people thought Carlos was going to lose, he has the Champions mentality, the kid at times has ice through his veins, he goes for broke and knows he can, I just sat back and said Wow
He did that to Sinner in their French semi and Zverev in the final. He has a ‘5th gear’ that is a level above everyone else. My chin gets rug burn watching some of his matches. :lol6:

Reactions: Moxie
Status
Not open for further replies.