2024 Men's Wimbledon Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
These IG models are really a nuisance at this event. Fritz IG model provoked Zverev for love and likes...mocking him.That is really crossing boundaries...

Reactions: AnonymousFan

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
OK, Novak. Anyone listening to this? The "Gooooood night" was kind of funny, but now he just seems bitter. Its that old chip on his shoulder for being less loved than he (thinks he) deserves.

Makes him looks so foolish. He is as thin skinned as Trump sometimes.. he didn't dare pull this stuff vs Roger or Rafa because he would get booed off the court and the arena..

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
These IG models are really a nuisance at this event. Fritz IG model provoked Zverev for love and likes...mocking him.That is really crossing boundaries...
She cant herself, apparently she deleted her tweets after people on social media went after her, and rightly so, she is full of herself and BF needs to put her back in her place, it is embarrassing.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Makes him looks so foolish. He is as thin skinned as Trump sometimes.. he didn't dare pull this stuff vs Roger or Rafa because he would get booed off the court and the arena..

I saw El Dude's post, but didn't see the on-court interview. I just watched your video. He went on and on about it! I mean, his opponent's name was "Rune." It's like when you go to a Springsteen concert, and everyone is shouting "Bruuuuce!" He really IS thin-skinned. Why not buy the obvious answer and take the high road? But, instead, he harangues the fans. It's not just undignified...it's kind of bizarre.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Sis. I'm serious.Mustard doest the trick. Its all about magnesium..
OK, putting this one to bed. I found this:

Note, yellow mustard, and they credit the turmeric. I'm going to get me some yellow mustard, as i've been getting the night toe cramps. But it does go to your theory for cramps...the article is just not about athletes, but it translates.

Also, this, which mentions magnesium, and many other things:

***This ad was paid for by the Mustard Council, and The Anti-Pusher. We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I saw El Dude's post, but didn't see the on-court interview. I just watched your video. He went on and on about it! I mean, his opponent's name was "Rune." It's like when you go to a Springsteen concert, and everyone is shouting "Bruuuuce!" He really IS thin-skinned. Why not buy the obvious answer and take the high road? But, instead, he harangues the fans. It's not just undignified...it's kind of bizarre.
He is a piece of work. I just watched PTI talking about it. Wilbon was like, who are you to tell the fans who to cheer for? Go out there, do your job and move on. All this does is reinforce what we've always known, he's tired of being the bridesmaid. Fedal and Muzz aren't even in the tourney and yet he's whining about people cheering for his opponent. Boy, please grow up already.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Wimbledon sets the record for most 5-set matches of any Major in Open Era, with 36. We did say this was going to be a pretty open Wimbledon.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I have a quick trivia for you guys: When was the last time Sinner lost a slam match in 4 completed sets?

Also, when was the last time Alcaraz lost a slam match in straight sets?
Lemme guess. For Jannik is it Wimby 23, for Chuckii maybe Wimby 22

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
He won’t ever admit it (he doesn’t need to, btw), but deep down that he is still hurt that he is still not beloved as Federer and Nadal. He is definitely happy about his amazing records, but what he truly wants is the love that Federer and Nadal get from tennis fans. It definitely annoys him till this day.

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
He is a piece of work. I just watched PTI talking about it. Wilbon was like, who are you to tell the fans who to cheer for? Go out there, do your job and move on. All this does is reinforce what we've always known, he's tired of being the bridesmaid. Fedal and Muzz aren't even in the tourney and yet he's whining about people cheering for his opponent. Boy, please grow up already.
I saw that PTI, and basically everyone on TC weighed in, as well. Courier was trying to go for the angle that Djokovic finds motivation in adversity, which I believe he does. Wertheim at least had the balls to say that neither Roger nor Rafa would have reacted this way. Not that Roger ever suffered with lack of crowd support, but Rafa felt it from the French earlier on, and refused to engage it. In the above speech, Novak said something about the people who pay for tickets. Yes, they pay for tickets, and they don't deserve to get berated by you, especially when they're not wrong. Sure, he makes a lot of money for tennis, but those people also butter his bread. He just can't decide if he wants to be the bad guy or the good guy. Or, he thinks he's the good guy, and everyone else has it all wrong, so he keeps acting like the bad guy, and can't figure out why it never turns around.

Also, he walked out of a BBC interview after 98 seconds, in a total snit:

• Sad
Reactions: kskate2

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I saw that PTI, and basically everyone on TC weighed in, as well. Courier was trying to go for the angle that Djokovic finds motivation in adversity, which I believe he does. Wertheim at least had the balls to say that neither Roger nor Rafa would have reacted this way. Not that Roger ever suffered with lack of crowd support, but Rafa felt it from the French earlier on, and refused to engage it. In the above speech, Novak said something about the people who pay for tickets. Yes, they pay for tickets, and they don't deserve to get berated by you, especially when they're not wrong. Sure, he makes a lot of money for tennis, but those people also butter his bread. He just can't decide if he wants to be the bad guy or the good guy. Or, he thinks he's the good guy, and everyone else has it all wrong, so he keeps acting like the bad guy, and can't figure out why it never turns around.

Also, he walked out of a BBC interview after 98 seconds, in a total snit:

The bolded part is the main reason on why neutral tennis fans can’t seem to like him (they don’t hate him per say). It’s interesting because if he just played the “villain” role throughout his career, I actually think people will like him more, to be quite honest. But because he flips flop b/w being a bad guy and good guy all the time, neutral tennis fans are confused on which is the real Djokovic all this time.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Novak is keeping himself 'present and in the news ,and always has been a attention seeker. perhaps his parents didnt give enough attention as a child, the way he acts he hasnt grown up, he keeps that chip on his shoulder, now it has grown into a boulder he carries on his shoulder, the more you pander to him, the more he laps it up!
Of course John Mac is sticking up for Novak? go figure lol!

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The bolded part is the main reason on why neutral tennis fans can’t seem to like him (they hate him per say). It’s interesting because if he just played the “villain” role throughout his career, I actually think people will like him more, to be quite honest. But because he flips flop b/w being a bad guy and good guy all the time, neutral tennis fans are confused on which is the real Djokovic all this time.
Novak's Origin Story is that he came up when the tennis world was already divided in loyalties between Federer and Nadal. After he rose up to full potential in 2011, and starting beating everyone's favorites, the New Yorker did a big profile piece on him called The Third Man (2013,) and the NYTimes another called The Unloved One (2015.) The set-up for him was already to be the bad guy. That just is what it is, but it seemed to create that chip on his shoulder he can't shake. Since then, though, he has shot himself in the foot so many times over the years, too. Then he doubles-down on the PR errors, like the one yesterday. He's a contrarian in so many ways. He bucked the rules on Covid and the vaccines, he smashes rackets and basically refuses to be what anyone expects of him, but then he can't understand why people have trouble being enamored of that. It's hard not to admire his tennis, but he's just not that easy to like, or admire, in general.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Meddy came to Wimbledon hugely underrated. All eyes were on Sinner, Alcaraz and Novak.
He hasn't impressed until today. I don't think he was underrated. He's looked like he could go out early. But I'll say this, I don't think Carlos will get past him as easily as he did last year. But I still think Carlos will beat him. In 4.

Reactions: tossip

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Gee I might even throw caution to wind and pray for my other Italian Musetti who has been the surprised packet at Wimbledon to win it lol!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Settle down Moxie it was joke lol! regarding Meddy, I dont need an angry sign from you thanks

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Novak's Origin Story is that he came up when the tennis world was already divided in loyalties between Federer and Nadal. After he rose up to full potential in 2011, and starting beating everyone's favorites, the New Yorker did a big profile piece on him called The Third Man (2013,) and the NYTimes another called The Unloved One (2015.) The set-up for him was already to be the bad guy. That just is what it is, but it seemed to create that chip on his shoulder he can't shake. Since then, though, he has shot himself in the foot so many times over the years, too. Then he doubles-down on the PR errors, like the one yesterday. He's a contrarian in so many ways. He bucked the rules on Covid and the vaccines, he smashes rackets and basically refuses to be what anyone expects of him, but then he can't understand why people have trouble being enamored of that. It's hard not to admire his tennis, but he's just not that easy to like, or admire, in general.
My best opinion on him: He is probably the greatest male tennis player ever (don’t have a problem saying it) but one of the most enigmatic sports person in sports history!

Reactions: Moxie
Status
Not open for further replies.