2024 Men's Wimbledon Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Wow, shame for Jannik that he felt ill in the first part of this match. I really thought he was the man to beat this year. Good win for Meddy, though. Played the best he has on grass, I'd say.

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Holy Moly--the wily Russian strikes again! I did not see the match so I defer to those who did in terms of what happened. I see conjecture about the Italian having an illness or something? Regardless, Meddy is a tall order (pun intended) in a major, as he has proven these last few years on many occasions.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Damn it! I am actually upset about this loss more than any other losses this year. I thought he would have calm down a little bit after winning the 1st set TB, but it seems like he never got his rhythm during the match.

Also, that missed passing shot at set point number 2 in the 3rd set was costly looking at it now.

Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Damn it! I am actually upset about this loss more than any other losses this year. I thought he would have calm down a little bit after winning the 1st set TB, but it seems like he never got his rhythm during the match.

Also, that missed passing shot at set point number 2 in the 3rd set was costly looking at it now.
Sinner return game at times in this match was sub par, also his serve let him down when it mattered
Still he remained in the match till the end, whatever that sickness was, didnt help him either, though full credit to Meddy

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Wow, shame for Jannik that he felt ill in the first part of this match. I really thought he was the man to beat this year. Good win for Meddy, though. Played the best he has on grass, I'd say.

Wow! Lucky this wasn't Djokovic because he wouldn't have gotten a break! He would be accused of faking something calling out the trainer! I'm surprised some aren't saying it now after his surgery instead of accepting he was run ragged late into the night in Paris! I'm no fan of Daniil & his ugly way of playing tennis, but happy he paid Jannik back for their last major meeting "down under!" He really needs to work on his net game! He's about as comfortable as Chris Evert up there! :face-with-head-bandage: :face-with-hand-over-mouth: :astonished-face: :fearful-face: :yawningface:

• Haha
Reactions: shawnbm

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Looks like Alcaraz has reeled back Paul in his match, after losing the 1st set to Paul

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Med finally shows he can beat the best. To be fair he had a 6-0 h2h till last year when he lost 5 straight against Sinner. This will do wonders for his confidence.
Yep especially on a grass court you can never count him out in a match

Reactions: Front242

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I like both guys but feel Med was due. Was expecting 3-1 Sinner before it started though.
I though Sinner in 4 sets :)
BTW Sinners QF is Sinners earliest loss of the year in a tournament ( including the walk over in Madrid)
His season to date has been that good:)

Reactions: Front242

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Interesting stat for Meddy,
Meddy is 7-5 in career matches played vs world No 1
He has had wins over Djokovic, Alcaraz and Sinner when they all were the World No 1's

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Do we know anything about De Minaur's "injury' on match point against A. Fils in the 4th round? He seemed very worried. Hopefully it won't be a factor in the QF against Djokovic, but then again with Djokovic's luck I'm expecting De Minaur to withdraw any minute now. :facepalm: :negative:

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Do we know anything about De Minaur's "injury' on match point against A. Fils in the 4th round? He seemed very worried. Hopefully it won't be a factor in the QF against Djokovic, but then again with Djokovic's luck I'm expecting De Minaur to withdraw any minute now. :facepalm: :negative:
If he's ok it's a very tough match on paper imo for Djokovic. De Minaur is an extremely speedy and tricky guy to play against and could see him win if he runs Djokovic ragged and tests his knee.

Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Where did you read that news that Alex is worried? sorry that is not the case at all, I dont expect him to withdraw at all, it was a slight jarring to his hip, plenty of ice and physio does wonders for a jarrring, he has 24 hours to recover,

Status
Not open for further replies.