2024 Men's Wimbledon Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
this match should have been a semi final.. I think this will go 4/5 set. Its amazing that Novak regardless of his ranking or seeding.. gets the dream draw.. Question.. if Novak made it to the finals last year.. Why wasnt he seeding #1? I recall during the Fedal years.. Roger would always be seeded based on what his previous grass court results.. Novak was the finalist last year and lost in a non tbr super 5th set.. I realize Sinner won a recent grass court tournament. (my apologies if this Was this discussed earlier when the draw came out)
They stopped the preferential seeding a few years ago.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
They stopped the preferential seeding a few years ago.
thanks Moxie.. See this why I don't like this tournament. How bias it was towards Rafa, Novak and Andy during the Fedal years.. SMH2.. I read somewhere Rafa is still annoyed about the closing of the roof on the 2nd day of play against Novak when it was sunny and 76 that day. I understand rules are in place for some odd reason but it still doesnt supersede fair play and common sense.

• Haha
Reactions: Fiero425

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
thanks Moxie.. See this why I don't like this tournament. How bias it was towards Rafa, Novak and Andy during the Fedal years.. SMH2.. I read somewhere Rafa is still annoyed about the closing of the roof on the 2nd day of play against Novak when it was sunny and 76 that day. I understand rules are in place for some odd reason but it still doesnt supersede fair play and common sense.
I'm not sure if he is, but I am! LOL.

• Haha
Reactions: the AntiPusher

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
How about this? They just showed the official Wimbledon umbrella. Guess how much? 55 pounds! Well, somebody has to fund that big prize money.

• Haha
Reactions: AnonymousFan

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Sinner's getting out-played today. And now he's broken again.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Now he's seeing the trainer, like he's dizzy or ill. They're checking his pulse and etc. Not knee or anything. They're taking him off.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Now he's seeing the trainer, like he's dizzy or ill. They're checking his pulse and etc. Not knee or anything. They're taking him off.
Probably his blood sugar is depleted and a bit dehydrated.. the young buck will be Ok.. just need the electrolytes to kick in is my guess. Remember what the great Pete Sampras stated " Tennis, Its one-on-one out there, man. There aint no hiding. I can’t pass the ball.”

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Probably his blood sugar is depleted and a bit dehydrated.. the young buck will be Ok.. just need the electrolytes to kick in is my guess. Remember what the great Pete Sampras stated " Tennis, Its one-on-one out there, man. There aint no hiding. I can’t pass the ball.”
Next you'll telling him about the mustard. :face-with-tears-of-joy:

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This is the tricky part of trying to improve fitness. A player needs to play these types of matches in order to test your limits physically. At the same token, a player does not want to play a lot of long matches, so he or she can maximize his/her chances of winning Slams.

For Sinner, this is the balance he and his team will need to problem solve going forward with his career. He definitely has improved his fitness this year so that’s a great sign! But it will be a continuous working progress throughout his career.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This is the tricky part of trying to improve fitness. A player needs to play these types of matches in order to test your limits physically. At the same token, a player does not want to play a lot of long matches, so he or she can maximize his/her chances of winning Slams.

For Sinner, this is the balance he and his team will need to problem solve going forward with his career. He definitely has improved his fitness this year so that’s a great sign! But it will be a continuous working progress throughout his career.
It might not be fitness, though, right? Could be a bug?

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Now to the match itself, Medvedev is playing well so full credit to him. As for Sinner, his return of serve has been bad today. 0 BPs in almost three sets is terrible especially for his standards.

Sinner finally broke Medvedev’s serve! It might go another TB now…

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It might not be fitness, though, right? Could be a bug?
Even if it is just a bug, he is probably thinking on the back of his head, “Damn, not this again?!”

I will say this: At least it is not an injury, so that is a “relief.”

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Damn! That’s a tough way to lose a set! Let’s see if Sinner can muster up some energy to win this in 5 sets.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Another blown 2-set lead for Zverev. I wonder if he holds the record for most blown 2-set leads. It's got to be either Zverev or Medvedev.
Medvedev will probably add to his tally today, the dope.

Last edited:

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I have a quick trivia for you guys: When was the last time Sinner lost a slam match in 4 completed sets?

Also, when was the last time Alcaraz lost a slam match in straight sets?

Reactions: AnonymousFan

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Slim hope Medvedev tanked the 4th set to conserve and play better for the 5th and made sure he held there so if Sinner closes off set 4 now, Medvedev will serve first to open the 5th. Nice to get on the board first in set 5 but he's toast if he doesn't.

Reactions: Fiero425

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Slim chance of a break for Medvedev. The player who narrowly misses out on breaking in the previous game often loses serve in the next one. Of course the dopey bollox shouldn't have left it go from 40-15 to deuce/advantage in the first place.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Medvedev will probably add to his tally today, the dope.
Front,
Zverev was compromised in his match, he was wearing a knee brace, he had a really bad fall in his previous match
Zverev at times was playing one 1 leg, he has had scans on his knee and has a edema in it rest is the best way to relieve a edema
So I would dismiss him losing again in 5 sets, even if he had won the match, I doubt he could compete in the next match, he probably would have to withdraw

Status
Not open for further replies.