2024 Men's Wimbledon Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
Whatever happens, Frances Tiafoe's performance at the 2022 US Open has proven to be not a fluke. I just wish Tiafoe would play at this level much more consistently. His performance today is night and day compared to the first two sets of the Arnaldi match. (Because I'm pretty sure Arnaldi isn't Alcaraz good, lol.)

Reactions: Fiero425 and tossip

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Tiafoe is really bullying Carlos...

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Tiafoe played well and has nothing to be ashamed about.This should be a restart of his season.
I hope so. He's coming into the part that should be good for him. Finally found his form again. I hope that slip and the one a few weeks ago amount to nothing.

Reactions: tossip

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Lets see what Frances does for the rest of the year, he has been dismal, so far this year, one match dosent signal much to me, he likes to play the higher seeds eg Alcaraz. and yes does know how to play him, thats about it!
Seeing Carlos has a favorable draw it was good to see him having competition,it will pay off later at the business end of this slam. Carlos has too many weapons for Frances to begin with.I knew he would come through! eg the 5th set!
Sorry Don Fabio your instinct of a upset didnt happen:) better luck next time

Last edited:
Reactions: don_fabio

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Roger Federer in the royal box to watch Andy amd Jamie doubles match on CC
I thought Roger would come down to the court to greet Sir Andy.. Andy seem to really appreciate everyone but Leyton who he just gave a soft handshake.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah, I don't think that helped, but Carlos finally took it up a notch in the 5th.
Carlos took Frances to the deepest part of the Thames River in the 5th set. Big Foe wasnt able to make it back to shore.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
AP,
Apparently Roger Federer had previous obligation that he could not cancel, the reason he didnt show for Andy Murrys farewell tribute on CC yesterday, news from ESPN

Reactions: the AntiPusher
Status
Not open for further replies.