2024 Men's Wimbledon Championships

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Bad news for Med. They didn't get his court request. He's on 2 tomorrow, like Mox said ripe for the pickin.
Who knows. He likes to be a bit under the radar and to play to the crowd. Maybe it'll work in his favor?

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Who knows. He likes to be a bit under the radar and to play to the crowd. Maybe it'll work in his favor?
Ankles, elbows, abdominal muscles, shoulder hips and lastly knees injuries a player can recover and play close to their peak abilities. The back is typically the one that usually prevents a player from being able to move without hindrance. I would not expect too much from Andy at the games in singles.

PhiEaglesfan712

Masters Champion
Reactions
At the end of the day, I'm not really surprised that Rublev and Tsitsipas lost early. These guys seem to have mental blocks at the slams and are not built for the Bo5 format. They have more or less stayed the same, while this younger crop of players have gotten better.

The one that really surprised me was Fils dominating Hurkacz. It seems that the early loss at the French Open was a wake up call. If Fils can continue to play at that level he did in the Hurkacz match, he will go very deep in this tournament.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Well I was going for Med regardless of what court, I just made a point that court 1 was a court he was yet to lose on thats all lol! it was a joke people need not to take things soo serious,
What makes you think my comment wasn't a joke?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
At the end of the day, I'm not really surprised that Rublev and Tsitsipas lost early. These guys seem to have mental blocks at the slams and are not built for the Bo5 format. They have more or less stayed the same, while this younger crop of players have gotten better.

The one that really surprised me was Fils dominating Hurkacz. It seems that the early loss at the French Open was a wake up call. If Fils can continue to play at that level he did in the Hurkacz match, he will go very deep in this tournament.
Tsitsipas has never done well on grass, he has always been a headcase, hey Stefanos has made the 2 GS finals?
Rublev needs to address his mental attitude on court, this self harming with his racqet has to stop
I wasnt surprised with Fils, you should try to find high lights of the match, it remains to be seen if he can got further, he is talent, but talent these days can only get you so far, today game is 80% mental

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Who knows is exactly right. I liken Med to Elena on the women's side. He has all the tools to do well, but depending on what his mood is that day he can play down his level and lose to scrubs.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Okay I am tuning into Alcaraz v Frances match, I feel Carlos will right the ship he has too many weapons for Frances,
Anyway it is good at this stage of the tournament for Carlos to have some competition

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Okay I am tuning into Alcaraz v Frances match, I feel Carlos will right the ship he has too many weapons for Frances,
Anyway it is good at this stage of the tournament for Carlos to have some competition
He's making a lot of stupid errors. This is not good for Carlos. He could yet pull it out in 5, but he needs to clean it up real fast. He played well in the 2nd, then reverted. He's kind of mediocre right now.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm getting upset vibes here and Tiafoe is on fire. I guess I will find out tomorrow :)

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
He's making a lot of stupid errors. This is not good for Carlos. He could yet pull it out in 5, but he needs to clean it up real fast. He played well in the 2nd, then reverted. He's kind of mediocre right now.
His bhand has fallen apart for starters, especially in that last service game which Frances won the set 64