2024 Men's Wimbledon Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Lets see what Frances does for the rest of the year, he has been dismal, so far this year, one match dosent signal much to me, he likes to play the higher seeds eg Alcaraz. and yes does know how to play him, thats about it!
Seeing Carlos has a favorable draw it was good to see him having competition,it will pay off later at the business end of this slam. Carlos has too many weapons for Frances to begin with.I knew he would come through! eg the 5th set!
Sorry Don Fabio your instinct of a upset didnt happen:) better luck next time
Tiafoe is good on American hardcourts and he was in top ten last year and nothing is stopping him from going back to top ten.He is still young enough to right his ship...let him evolve like any other player.Lots of players are struggling and he is not the only one .Some players reach their potential later and some sooner than expected.
I am sure.once he gets a good coach everything will fall into place.I can take Tiafoe over Ben,Tommy and John Isner.

• Haha
Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Mens Matches Suspended,

Bautista v Fognini Fognini leading 2 sets to 1
Humbert v Nakashima Humbert leads 2 sets to love
Meddy v Struff Meddy leading 2 sets to 1
Shapo v Shelton match suspended early in the 1st set

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Tiafoe is good on American hardcourts and he was in top ten last year and nothing is stopping him from going back to top ten.He is still young enough to right his ship...let him evolve like any other player.Lots of players are struggling and he is not the only one .Some players reach their potential later and some sooner than expected.
I am sure.once he gets a good coach everything will fall into place.I can take Tiafoe over Ben,Tommy and John Isner.
That is last year, I am talking about this year, as I said one match dosent signal much to me? lets see his results this coming year,.he has been dismal so far this year, changing his coach didnt help his cause at all.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This is a good stat for Alcaraz,
He has played 12 5 sets matches so far in his career and so far won 11
( Berrettini AO 2023 was the only one to beat him)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Roger Federer talking to ESPN news, said he could be present for Andy's mixed doubles match with Raducanu, seeing he had a prior engagement and could not attend Murrays farewell tribute on CC yesterday

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Jannik Sinner was all business today with a 61 64 62 win over Kecmanic
Jannik will play either Shapo or Shelton in round 4
Jannik Forza!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Q What have you learned playing on the grass?
Jannik " To make friendship with the grass, this is what Darren tells me.Be very kind to the grass and something positive will happen" :)

Reactions: Moxie

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
That is last year, I am talking about this year, as I said one match dosent signal much to me? lets see his results this coming year,.he has been dismal so far this year, changing his coach didnt help his cause at all.
Well..maybe he is nursing an injury.Tiafoe was in top ten all of last year and there is still time to make noise on.the hardcourts .He has been without a coach almost all season.Tiafoe once took Roger to five sets at Ashe stadium.He might not be your cup of tea but he is fantastic charismatic talent.He is the most charismatic of all American men.Fritz is also badmouthing his opponents. I think the boys in the locker room dont care if they are called clowns..that's lockerrom talk.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Well..maybe he is nursing an injury.Tiafoe was in top ten all of last year and there is time to make so noise on.the hardcourts .He has been without a coach almost all season.Tiafoe once took Roger to five sets at Ashe stadium.He might not be your cup of tea but he is fantastic charismatic talent.He is the most charismatic of all American men.Fritz is also badmouthing his opponents. I think the boys in the locker room dont care if they are called clowns..that's lockerrom talk.
Okay I know he has had injury so has other players
As I said lets see how he fares for the rest of the year, I understand you are a big fan, still one match which he lost , dosent mean he has turned around his game.
BTW I dont like a player on his charismatic abilities, more important factors in a players game than being charismatic? but each to their own :)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Tommy Paul has reached the 2nd week in a Grand Slam for the 4th time in his career is the forgotten Amercian on grass?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The mixed doubles match involving Murray and Raducanu has been scheduled as the fourth match on court No 1 tomorrow
People are a bit upset, it should be on CC, I feel that is over the top quite frankly as there are mens matches that were suspended because of rain and they have to take priority tomorrow to be concluded

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
He is forgettable with his thirst gf.
Same could be said about Fritz GF they make a good pair :)
Thats why I have always respected the wives of Federer, Nadal, Murray and Djokovic they are there behind the scenes to support their husbands,
Apparently these present day GFs etc is to be in trophy photos, putting up their instragram pages of themselves what they are wearing to the tournaments etc? Over the top to me quite frankly

Last edited:
Reactions: tossip

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Same could be said about Fritz GF they make a good pair :)
Thats why I have always respected the wives of Federer, Nadal, Murray and Djokovic they are there behind the scenes to support their husbands,
Apparently these present day GFs etc is to be in trophy photos, putting up their instragram pages of themselves what they are wearing to the tournaments etc? Over the top to me quite frankly
Did you see what Tommy 's gf was doing when he was holding his trophy after winning Queens. It's embarrassing to say the least..just google it.

• Angry
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Did you see what Tommy 's gf was doing when he was holding his trophy after winning Queens. It's embarrassing to say the least..just google it.
What the hell was she thinking, she nearly pushed Tommy out of the photo, like no it is not about you GF

Reactions: tossip and Moxie

The Strokes

Futures Player
Reactions
Paul and Fritiz PICk women like that.
Nadal and fed don't.
Anyway, an American wont' be winning this.
Pity ALcaraz and Sinner are in the same half, AGAIN. It should have been the final. I guess there's a chance Med or Dimi gets through on the top but not likely.
Have no idea who comes thorough on the bottom. Djok seems washed up, but you never know with him.
Alc looked a little less than his best self today. Hopefully he gets his sht together fast.

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well..maybe he is nursing an injury.Tiafoe was in top ten all of last year and there is time to make so noise on.the hardcourts .He has been without a coach almost all season.Tiafoe once took Roger to five sets at Ashe stadium.He might not be your cup of tea but he is fantastic charismatic talent.He is the most charismatic of all American men.Fritz is also badmouthing his opponents. I think the boys in the locker room dont care if they are called clowns..that's lockerrom talk.
I agree with you that Frances is the most charismatic of the US men. And it does matter...tennis is entertainment, and Frances is very appealing. I know he doesn't have many fans around here, but I love him. He looks ready to take on the No. Am. HC swing. Fingers crossed!

I know you like to focus on the girlfriends, which I mostly try to stay away from, but I did look up that thing with Tommy Paul's girlfriend at the Queen's ceremony. "Cringe-worthy" is the phrase that came up a lot. Jeepers! Even Uncle Toni has never jumped onto the court to heft the trophy for the cameras, and he, amongst a lot of other coaches, would have had more right to. I used to think that players have models for girlfriends demonstrated a certain shallowness and lack of imagination, but these "influencers" are really a pain. Life is only worth the photo that documents it.

Status
Not open for further replies.