2024 Men's Wimbledon Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm rooting for the guy to make a good career, just because I like him. He's rather tall to be a "great," and I may decide his servebot thing is too boring, but I agree he has more dimension than Isner. (OK, low bar.) But let's also remember that he got in as a LL, and he's into the 3rd round! He's playing with house money, and he's young (turns 21 in 4 days.) Dangerous combination.
He's definitely of different player than the typical servebot

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Looking ahead to tomorrow, some fun matches...

Grigor-Gael should be entertaining. Sort of similar players, in a way (more style than substance, but in different ways).

Alcaraz-Tiafoe could be interesting. Carlos is still heavily favored, but there's a non-zero chance for an upset. They're tied 1-1, with their last match being 2022 US Open (Carlos won in five).

Struff-Medvedev is a nice clash of styles. Could be hard-fought.

Paul-Bublik is sort of up in the air. Paul is a better player, I think, but Bublik's serve evens things out.

Fognini-Bautista Agut...clash of the sorta-has-beens.
Don't forget the "Battle of the Brats," Shapo v. Shelton.

I think Struff could take Meddie. Maybe I listen to @Front242 too much.

Fognini seems reanimated a bit, and RBA really is looking like a has-been, IMO.

I'd love to see Monfils take out Dimitrov, but I kind of doubt it.

As to Tsitsipas: I had him going out in the next round, but, damn! He falls short of even low-expectations, for a (former) top 10 player.

Too bad about Hubie getting injured. He messed up everyone's draw in the challenge.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
One of the reasons I love Andy Murray was he had no trouble showing his 'feminist side'a lot of men can take notice of Murray in that regard, he was a great supporter of womens tennis
BTW Murray has hinted that he's been dying to coach? I am certain there will be plenty of offers when and if he decides to do so
I had the pleasure of meeting Murray personally at the AO he has such a great dry sense of humor, shame he could not win one of those AO finals.
Andy loved the sport full stop. Be happy in your retirement Andy!.
Wasn't there some talk of him maybe coaching Raducanu?

Reactions: Fiero425

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
I'd like to "coach" Raducanu.

Emma-Raducanu-8.jpg

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Not sure , gee Emma has had too many coaches as far as I am concerned she changes coaches like the wind, though he would be a good fit for Emma, if I hear anything more I will post

Reactions: Front242

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Don't forget the "Battle of the Brats," Shapo v. Shelton.

I think Struff could take Meddie. Maybe I listen to @Front242 too much.

Fognini seems reanimated a bit, and RBA really is looking like a has-been, IMO.

I'd love to see Monfils take out Dimitrov, but I kind of doubt it.

As to Tsitsipas: I had him going out in the next round, but, damn! He falls short of even low-expectations, for a (former) top 10 player.

Too bad about Hubie getting injured. He messed up everyone's draw in the challenge.
I agree Struff coud take out Meddy though not on court 1 as Meddy has never lost on that court, though there is always a first time
Hubie is getting a MRI scan on his knee today, it looked bad, though how insane diving for 2 balls on the slippery grass.,even his team looked at him in horror
also that could impact his Olympics if the knee dosent heal in time
Battle of the Brats , dont like eiither player, I will say Shapo if he dosent implode, he is his own worst enemy

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'd like to "coach" Raducanu.

Emma-Raducanu-8.jpg
She IS very beautiful. And a lot of women root for her. I do. I'd love to see her find her way back to top form. So why do so many guys have a problem with Berrettini? Let's face it...she's more of a one-hit wonder than Matteo. :)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
She IS very beautiful. And a lot of women root for her. I do. I'd love to see her find her way back to top form. So why do so many guys have a problem with Berrettini? Let's face it...she's more of a one-hit wonder than Matteo. :)
Sorry I dont, tell me what has she done after winning the USO? nothing, changes coaches like the wind, more interested in going to sponsors events, demands WC if she dosent get one then refuses to play qualies,? spoilt brat

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I agree Struff coud take out Meddy though not on court 1 as Meddy has never lost on that court, though there is always a first time
Hubie is getting a MRI scan on his knee today, it looked bad, though how insane diving for 2 balls on the slippery grass.,even his team looked at him in horror
Battle of the Brats , dont like eiither player, I will say Shapo if he dosent implode, he is his own worst enemy
Meddy having never lost on Court 1 is simply superstition. He's looking ripe for the picking, and he doesn't love the grass.

As to Hubie's Olympics...I don't like his chances.

Battle of the Brats: I'll be interested to see what gets in the way first, Shelton's ego, or Shapovolov's inability to control his game.

Reactions: tossip

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Meddy having never lost on Court 1 is simply superstition. He's looking ripe for the picking, and he doesn't love the grass.

As to Hubie's Olympics...I don't like his chances.

Battle of the Brats: I'll be interested to see what gets in the way first, Shelton's ego, or Shapovolov's inability to control his game.
I was making a joke about Meddy though in fact is it true he hasnt lost btw lol! thats why I am picking Struff to win good on the grass
Hubi knee looked bad he had it taped he could not walk on it
Ego and inablilty to control a game has a lot of variables, ego could just win, gotta believe dont you even if it is over the top sometines:)
I will go for my Blonde Bleached Bombshell to win dont tell Andrew Castle Fog is an Italian lol!
Most important pick of the day my No 1 Italian Sinner to move on to the next round!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: AnonymousFan

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Bad news for Med. They didn't get his court request. He's on 2 tomorrow, like Mox said ripe for the pickin.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Bad news for Med. They didn't get his court request. He's on 2 tomorrow, like Mox said ripe for the pickin.
Well I was going for Med regardless of what court, I just made a point that court 1 was a court he was yet to lose on thats all lol! it was a joke people need not to take things soo serious,

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
BTW there is a lot of raining coming tomorrow so outside courts are being restricted to only 2 matches
Thats means players like Meddy v Struff on court 2 their game maybe interrupted being on court 2 bear that in mind
There are only 2 courts that have roofs CC and Court 1

Status
Not open for further replies.